Discovery World Early Education Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Discovery World Early Education Center Reviews

Updated Oct 13, 2017

Found 3 reviews

4.3
Discovery World Early Education Center CEO Sheryl Austin (no image)
Sheryl Austin
  1. "Excellent work environment."

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Discovery World Early Education Center

Pros

Excellent environment and culture. There is a real emphasis on personal and professional development.

Cons

This is not really a con, but if you are looking for a cushy job, you will not be happy there. The environment lends itself to people wanting to do well both for themselves and the company.

Discovery World Early Education Center2017-10-13
  2. "About Job"

Teacher Assistant in Rolling Hills, CA

I worked at Discovery World Early Education Center

Pros

Discover World was a great opportunity Sheryl Austin took me under her wing.She is a great boss always gave great advice when you needed it she does observe you from time to time ,but who wouldn't. I would if I own a great preschool.You get Sick pay holiday pay and a vacation after one year cant forget about Ms Teri the office manager she was Sheryl Austin Backbone Teri was like a mother to all of us and when... you needed her she was there for you no matter what patient , sweet ,straight forward ,and very neat and organized.

Cons

Low pay but I did get my three raises why I was there I was there for 5 years you work with a bunch of women so they love to gossip so watch what you say every women love to talk. She will observe you ,but who wouldn't I would if I was an owner of a pk but the lets you work and get your job done.It was fun a great learning experience.theres no advancement dont expect that well if your an aid you can become a... teacher that is about it.

Advice to Management

I have none

Discovery World Early Education Center2016-02-03
  3. "ehhhhh"

Teacher

I worked at Discovery World Early Education Center

Pros

Director knows children so has great advice. Parent are so nice.

Cons

30 minute lunch in a tiny area where you can still hear everything going on. Everyone is on lunch at around the same time so it is crowded. No health insurance and low pay High expectations and constant criticism from Director

Advice to Management

Turnover is super high for a reason and that needs to be evaluated.

Discovery World Early Education Center2015-04-08