Disher Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeff Disher

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Engineer"

I have been working at Disher full-time

Pros

Great place to work if you're an engineer looking for a lot of variety in your work. Project can vary widely. You're surrounded by lots of bright, creative engineers with different experience and expertise.

Cons

Since it's such a flat organization, not a lot of opportunity to advance, lead a larger team or gain more leadership experience.

2. "A great place to work."

I worked at Disher full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall a really great place to work. Good benefits, average to higher pay , tight knit, freedome to explore your career interests and be creative.

Cons

I was constantly offsite working on contract with customers. Never fully engaged in the Disher culture.

3. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Zeeland, MI
    Current Employee - Product Development Engineer in Zeeland, MI

Pros

Management is authentic, and they act according to their words. The company feels like a big family. People are genuinely happy to work here.

Cons

Being off-site for work can be tough. Getting back to Disher for the Friday meetings makes all the difference though for staying connected. I recommend any new hire make every effort to do so.

4. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Disher full-time

Pros

The team atmosphere, everyone is willing to pitch in and help each other out.
    Great office space.
    Nerf gun wars with co-workers are a blast.
    Environment where creativity can thrive.

Cons

It can be quiet during the week because many employees work off-site Monday - Thursday. However Friday's are a blast with everyone back in the office for lunch.

Advice to Management

Don't let the culture and investment in each employee get lost in the growth of the company. It's what makes the company so great!

5. "Designer"

Former Employee - Designer in Wayland, MI
    Former Employee - Designer in Wayland, MI

I worked at Disher (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff and fellow workers.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

None.

6. "Great Company"

I have been working at Disher full-time

Pros

People oriented company. Passionate about giving back to the community

Cons

A few growing pains at the moment

7. "Place of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Zeeland, MI
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Zeeland, MI

I have been working at Disher full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Make a positive difference
    - Will support people in any way they want to make a positive difference
    - Competitive pay
    - Transparent
    - Proactively improving and diversifying
    - Invest in employees

Cons

- Being contracted can lead to feeling disconnected from Disher

Advice to Management

Don't let the growth of our company affect the culture! Great company right now.

8. "Making a Positive Difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Zeeland, MI

I have been working at Disher full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Overall focus is how to make a positive difference.........in peoples lives (customers, teammates, yourself, family, and everyone else), with project work and by giving back to the community.

Cons

Disher isn't perfect, but no organization or work environment is.

"Big difference between onsite and offsite workers"

Current Employee - Product Development Engineer
    Current Employee - Product Development Engineer

I have been working at Disher full-time

Pros

Disher itself is full of nice people who are very positive about the business. The Zeeland office building that Disher is located in is very nice. The Charity Check that they give out is probably one of the coolest things I've seen at a company. Jeff and the leadership team are great people with great morals.

Cons

The pay is extremely low. The work weeks are based on 45 hours. 40 to the company that you are contracted through and 5 for "Disher" time. The 401k match is based on profit sharing and doesn't end up being much at all in comparison to what other companies give out. To me the idea of this just seems unstable too. Some of the things that Disher tries to lure people in with is the positive culture, the Zeeland office space and the Nerf gun that everyone is given. With this, you have to keep in mind that you will be contracted out most likely weeks into your employment with them and from there on most of your time will be spent at the company you are contracted through. You really end up working in the culture of the company that you are contracted though. You start to feel like a worker without a home because at Disher you share a desk with the other offsite workers, meaning many times you come back to the office and don't have a seat, or have another persons things all over the shared desk (their family pictures). They advocate for a work/life balance, but it really only pertains to the onsite workers because they don't have much say for the offsite workers. I think the biggest con is the pay though, like my first comment stated. Once you realize that you are being paid a fraction of what the contracting company would be paying you if you were a full time employee (which they are usually looking to fill and while doing the same work) and a fraction of what they are paying Disher for your services, it's very hard to get excited about working there.

Advice to Management

Think about compensating offsite workers with more than the idea of a positive culture and a great work space since they rarely get to experience that. There seems to be a divide between those who spend all of their time offsite and those who are actually apart of the Disher experience. Also, reminding the engineers that come in that they will be spending most of their time offsite. I feel like it's very betraying to sell people on a cultural experience that they won't really be apart of.

"Designer"

I have been working at Disher full-time

Pros

Great culture. Really believe in giving back. Also encourage flexibility and work/life balance. Most positive environment I've ever worked in.

Cons

Offsite workers lack connectivity to the rest of the team. Assignments can sometimes be unpredictable in nature in regard to longevity. Feels unstable at times.

Advice to Management

Find ways to foster connections amongst the core team members. Consider differentiating between off site workers and onsite workers so off site workers feel less torn.