Disney Cruise Vacations Reviews

Updated May 12, 2020

Disney Cruise Vacations CEO Karl Holz
Karl Holz
Pros
Cons
  • "Away from family, long hours, unpaid vacation, no free wifi(in 24 reviews)

• "No commissions, low pay, long hours(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Cruise Line to work onboard"

I worked at Disney Cruise Vacations full-time

Pros

Enjoyed my shipboard experience. They are an employer of choice and really set a cruise ship standard for how they care for crew. They mean what they say

Cons

Ship life, while a great experience, is not a long term career choice for all

Disney Cruise Vacations2020-05-12
  2. "Very good employer"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Disney Cruise Vacations full-time

Pros

You can learn lots of performance operational procedures

Cons

Favoritism to American citizens above the rest of the employees even if the American citizens are not performing according to the expectations.

Disney Cruise Vacations2020-04-26
  3. "Excellent Company"

Current Employee - Bartender in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Disney Cruise Vacations full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Top hospitality, money and multicultural environment

Cons

A lot of hours and long contracts

Disney Cruise Vacations2020-04-18
  4. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Disney Cruise Vacations full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic Coworkers and positive environment

Cons

Can have challenges advancing to better paying roles

Disney Cruise Vacations2020-03-19
  5. "Enjoyed my time with Disney"

Former Employee - Web Assistant in Celebration, FL

I worked at Disney Cruise Vacations full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Learning all the ends and outs of Disney Cruise line, Parks and Hotels

Cons

I had Cancer and had to leave but now I'm cancer free

Disney Cruise Vacations2020-01-09
  6. "you're a number not a name"

2.0
    Former Employee - Cruise Vacation Planner

I worked at Disney Cruise Vacations full-time for more than a year

Pros

the product itself is great, I quit DCL so that I could find a job that would allow me to actually afford the cruises because they're so wonderful

Cons

subjective QA's, you're strapped to your chair and watched on time down to the second, its all about who you know and who you're friends with. I have a Masters Degree and was denied for a LATERAL move because I wasn't "good enough"

Disney Cruise Vacations2020-01-08
  7. "Lovely Company"

Former Employee - Cruise Vacation Agent in Lake Buena Vista, FL

I worked at Disney Cruise Vacations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Peers are very kind. Environment is comfortable.

Cons

You can definitely tell the favorites among the company. It's very much not what you know, but who you know. They micromanage worse than a kindergarten teacher.

Disney Cruise Vacations2019-12-17
  8. "Modern day slavery with no rights or whatsoever"

1.0
    Former Employee - Restaurant Server in Disney, OK

I worked at Disney Cruise Vacations full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Disney brand is very well known and unfortunately that is only positive fact.

Cons

I was restaurant server on Disney Dream since opening in 2010 in Germany until 2019. I can tell you so many bad things,honestly I don’t know from where to start. I will start from what they called or think it’s food in crew mess. Quality is prison rated in some third world country. One part of my life I was in the army during war and in that time food on front line was much better than on Disney Cruise line. In the restaurant is so much MAFIA business with guests assignments,with money involved,with concierge guests and so on. Even if you can proof something Human Resources will not support you because they work with management hand in hand and they will turn it against you and put last nail in your coffin. I know that every ship have a mafia only on Disney Dream mafia owned a ship and doing what they feel like. Middle management(head servers)making Huge money and they are so unprofessional and uneducated and only thing they know is to brainwash the crew with meaningless meetings before every shift. This is kind of North Korea communist party speech about irrelevant topics. When I heard on my own ears that you can see gluten in the product if you look hard I was shocked to hear this from person which earn so much money for so less brain. Social life is very poor and almost every day you have some meaningless inspections which is there only to give you extra hard time and keep the pressure on high level. Stressing people with GSM(rating) which is set for brainless. Only excellent is good for company and other categories are good for nothing. Anyhow management will take credit for your hard work and performance and of course some of them will even take a big fat bonus on your work. The whole system is totally wrong. Crew is just a number,not name or individual. As a crew you don’t have any bonuses or benefits but your leadership has it all. Since they know everything and you are just a poor slave. After 10 years company gives you a worthless pin and lunch. And for managers???maybe a new car. If you are sick as a tipping employee you don’t make any money but you have to pay your replacement from your pocket,Disney called it gentleman agreement. Only thing I didn’t sign that on my contract,but nobody cares. Work on Disney private island Castaway cay is a nightmare. Company has such big resources and efficiency is very poor. They don’t use any modern technology to make it easier. Their brain stuck in last century when they launch first ship. As a waiter you scrub floor,carpet and doing so many jobs which don’t have anything with restaurant. If the guests don’t pay you gratuity you don’t make any money and your management doesn’t care. But if you don’t provide rating everyone will be on your back. I was there too long time,so please don’t do this mistake. They talking about diversity and almost all European crew went away. Even guests looking surprised when they don’t see almost no European servers. All this they can thank to restaurant management. Also crew internet is a theft.

Disney Cruise Vacations2020-01-12

"Image over anything"

Former Employee - Human Resource Manager in Port Canaveral, FL

I worked at Disney Cruise Vacations full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay, cigna insurance covers you on vacation once you have a signed return contract, great discounts in orlando , free entry into parks, cruise discounts, family can sail fir free if you have a single cabin

Cons

To much red tape, everything has to go through shoreside, they really don't care about the crew. Its about the bottom dollar and disneys image. Grooming policy is outdated, managers take credit for your hard work.

Disney Cruise Vacations2019-11-06
  10. "Call Center"

Current Employee - Cruise Vacation Agent

I have been working at Disney Cruise Vacations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company with good benefits

Cons

Low pay and very structured operation with sitting taking calls 8 hours a day

Disney Cruise Vacations2019-08-29