Disney Parks & Resorts "cast members" Reviews | Glassdoor

Disney Parks & Resorts Employee Reviews about "cast members"

Updated Dec 1, 2019

3.8
Disney Parks & Resorts CEO Robert A. Iger
Robert A. Iger
1,095 Ratings
Pros
  • "The atmosphere of magic and opportunities to advance your career(in 271 reviews)

• "Disney is a great place to learn about working in a large company that for the most part cares about its cast members(in 263 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours and sporadic scheduling(in 273 reviews)

• "You must cozy up to cast members/your manager to get a cast role(in 214 reviews)

Reviews about "cast members"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Cultural Representative"

Former Employee - Cultural Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

- great cast member perks - supportive management - opportunity to live and work with individuals from all over the world

Cons

- long hours - sometimes having to deal with difficult guests

Disney Parks & Resorts2019-08-06
  2. "Incredibly educational and fun! A rrue dream come true!"

Former Employee - N/A in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The training and certifications offered makes sure you're able to advance within the company or ince you leave.

Cons

The pay is FAR too low for the cost of living in Orlando. Most Cast members struggle.

Disney Parks & Resorts2019-12-01
  3. "Actual Magic"

Former Intern - Retail Merchandiser in Orlando, FL

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts for less than a year

Pros

My coworkers and supervisors were amazing. There were also really great discounts and perks, like getting into all the parks and backstage experiences! A great work environment.

Cons

Since the company is so large, everyone's experience is entirely different. Some cast members were overworked while others barley got their requested hours.

Disney Parks & Resorts2019-11-21
  4. "College Program Cast Member"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Disney perks are great. You can get three people in at a time 16 times per year. The cast members were great. The pay wasn’t bad. There was always time to swap or give shifts away. As a cast member you can go into the park whenever you want essentially!

Cons

You spend all the money you make in the parks. It’s really hard to advance in the company unless you have been there forever, you can get expanded roles pretty easily though. Also it really is not a family company. I experienced so many cool things, but the family was not allowed to experience the backstage magic.

Disney Parks & Resorts2019-10-27
  5. "One of Many"

Current Employee - Guest Correspondent

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Discounts/perks -Dependent upon the location, great leaders who express interest in their Cast Member's development -Prestige/reputation that can be associated with your resume

Cons

-Dependent upon the location, leaders who are simply "managers" and don't invest in the Cast Members they're supposed to develop -Pay is incredibly disappointing -Decisions are made based upon money rather than what is best for Guests and Cast Members

Disney Parks & Resorts2019-11-08
  6. "Good life experience"

Former Intern - Merchandise

I worked at Disney Parks & Resorts for less than a year

Pros

It's a great opportunity for students to learn important life skills. The job can be fun, but the perks are even better.

Cons

Occasionally, you come across poor leadership and it can be disheartening, but overall, most leaders truly care about their cast members.

Disney Parks & Resorts2019-10-21
  7. "Good Company, Scam Program"

Current Intern - Specialty Beverage H/H in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts for less than a year

Pros

Disney takes care of their cast members and is a fun and engaging place to work. Making magic for guests is a pleasure. There are good benefits, even for the Disney College Program participants.

Cons

However, the cons outweigh the pros for the College Program. Rent is taken out of our paychecks weekly (around $100-$200 each week depending on the apartment) and we are only guaranteed 30 hours a week at $12 an hour or less. It's not a financially viable opportunity if you have any bills whatsoever. Because we are interns, we get the worst shifts no one wants and are paid less than full timers doing the same exact work. There's "classes" and tours they offer the interns, but they are hardly worth it and often occur during working hours.

Disney Parks & Resorts2019-09-30
  8. "Good Overall"

Current Intern - Disney World Public Affairs Communications

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts for less than a year

Pros

Work with a wide variety of people, Go to cool events and with exciting people, Get done at 4p on Fridays, My team has fun, Interns are like real Cast Members

Cons

Can be competitive, not a ton of openings, Interns are like real Cast Members

Disney Parks & Resorts2019-08-30
  9. "Grossly Underpaid"

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts part-time for less than a year

Pros

You get “free” admissions to the parks (does not include the water parks). I quote free because at $12/hour it feels as if ya were actually paying a hefty premium for the annual pass. On the flip side, you get to create magical moments for many people.

Cons

Did I mention they underpay cast members? Well, as if that wasn’t enough, how much they care about their cast members is inversely proportional to how much they care about cast members. This truly is a “the guest is always right” kind of place. So much so that they will unapologetically put guests over cast members. Miscommunication is the order of the day and unnecessary drama is the name of the game. Poor leadership will frustrate you at every step.

Disney Parks & Resorts2019-08-30
  10. "A Fantastic Company with Amazing Coworkers"

Current Employee - Guest Relations Hostess

I have been working at Disney Parks & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Super Friendly Cast Members, Great Benefits, Working Hands-On with Guests in the Parks, Creating Magic

Cons

Fluctuating Hours, Sometimes-Stressful Guest Situations

Disney Parks & Resorts2019-07-11