Disruptive Advertising Reviews

4.3
Disruptive Advertising Founder and CEO Jacob Baadsgaard
Jacob Baadsgaard
Pros
Cons
  • "This is a growing company and with that comes growing pains(in 14 reviews)

• "Because it is a growing company there are lots of structural changes(in 7 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, team setting, responsible team leads

Cons

Difficult work at times, client-facing

2. "Good Not Great"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant

I worked at Disruptive Advertising full-time

Pros

The people. I'm sure you hear this all the time about Disruptive. The people are truly amazing. I made such good friends at Disruptive that helped me learn and become a better marketer. Disruptive also has good healthcare and has cool things to show you love and appreciation during life events. Disruptive's CEO does classes that have hands down made me a better person, not just a better marketer.

Cons

Your growth is limited and education is hard to come by. Development is fast in the product you are focused on where that be Google, Social, LCM, or Analytics you learn a lot but your skills really don't have much of an opportunity to grow past the product yo work in. Disruptive has a great pay scale, but they will do what they can to keep you in the lower tiers for as long as possible until you are about to quit and then give you a small raise.

Continue reading

"Company Takes Advantage of Employees"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant

I worked at Disruptive Advertising full-time

Pros

- Good place to learn industry-related skills & FAST - Unlimited PTO - Good team leads (this job was really hard, and my team leads were some of the most encouraging/hardworking/helpful people I have ever met. I wish I could've kept working with them,

Cons

My biggest gripe about DA is that I worked there for almost a year full-time and not once was told about their benefits packages. I should have been receiving some sort of "in-lieu" benefit or SOMETHING for not participating in the health insurance plan. When I got hired full-time, it took them weeks to even give me a contract to sign, I was paid weeks later than I was supposed to be. I came into work every day on time, worked really hard, and they didn't bother to have an HR rep at all, let alone someone who could review my benefits options or put me on payroll. I haven't worked there in months but I feel incredibly taken advantage of after providing value to them as an employee. That is fundamentally wrong to me. I quit this job after less than a year because they expect the world from you (so do clients) and do not provide the same level of investment in you in return. My levels of stress & anxiety simply weren't worth it in the end. Work at another agency or at some other company on their in-house marketing team (PLEASE).

Continue reading
  4. "You won't find Better or more Honest people in this world"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The leaders here love the employees and the business. Things change often but the employees are always taken into deep consideration of how everything will affect them. I love the leaders here and I love this company. The work-life balance is awesome and they really encourage everyone to live a healthy life. Jake teaches classes to help people understand what is important to them in life, you won't find a better human being in the world than John Covey. John loves everyone and will always find time to you help you better understand what you want to accomplish and how to get there. Every manager that I've had always had my best interest in mind even if that came before the companies success. I truly love this place.

Cons

Not many cons other than there is a lot of change. So if you are scared of change this isn't the best place for you.

Continue reading
  5. "A Great Place for Growth and Opportunity"

4.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Provo, UT

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising part-time for more than a year

Pros

Exponential growth, learn a lot of new skills, independence, great culture

Cons

A stressful environment, constant shifting in the company approach

Continue reading

"Sad for the outlook of this company"

Current Employee - Team Leader in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have nailed down the start up culture. Great benefits like 401(k) match. Flexibility comes if you can perform well. Good people in some roles.

Cons

Lack of good leadership. No one here is really qualified to do the job in senior management. The boys club stems from the top. This is not a bro culture per say, but no one really has the ability to make an impact unless the CEO really trusts you. And at times, this is the right approach.. But I think it stems from the fact that even the CEO believes he cant trust the decision making and performance of his reports so he really holds a close circle and all the decisions run though this circle. The titles of COO and VP's have changed almost monthly as of late. There are some very toxic people in the former VP roles. They do not know how to lead. It's a hard place to work if you are truly trying to progress and make a difference.

February 17, 2020CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I agree with you that I and the rest of leadership at Disruptive have a lot of room to improve and I for one am excited to continue on the journey of trying and getting better along the way. At Disruptive we expect people to live by our core values of extreme ownership, radical candor, obstacle is the way, and caring for the individual to address their concerns in a healthy and productive way. I would challenge you to live these core values and be a part of the solution and know that I'm committed to doing the same.

"It's hard to put into words how bad it was in sales."

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Development in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have nearly unlimited snacks in the break room.

Cons

This was really an experience full of bad management that was not willing to accept ownership of the mistakes they made but instead were only willing to blame their employees. They had an initiative in 2019 to scale the sales team and completely miscalculated what that would mean for everybody involved. I've noticed that many of the reviews have mentioned that the culture has a fast-paced start-up feel and so you will experience the expected "growing pains" that come along with that. That may have been true up to 2018 but I would disagree that that's the case now. Instead, it was clear to see that the management team in place have massive egos and are badly inexperienced. They say all the right things but lack the ability to connect dots and be strategic. For them, it's all about how they look in the eyes of the Silicon Slopes community and they'll do anything to protect that image. In the end, they began to fire reps out of nowhere because they had failed strategically. They claimed that the reps just did not work hard enough or didn't have what it takes to cut it at Disruptive and then continued to bad mouth them behind their backs once they were gone. They have hit their ceiling as an organization and that scares them.

January 27, 2020CEO

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and opinions and I'm glad you enjoyed the snacks :) We are a results based work environment and unfortunately those that are unable to hit their performance metrics, despite how much we care about them personally, will not be a long-term fit. I'm sorry to hear you choose to view the company and your experience here this way and wish you the best in your future sales career. If we only enjoyed life and business when things go perfectly, we'd never enjoy life or working together. We've made a lot of great and poor decisions over the years and we are committed to learning from them and choose to enjoy the growth process albeit uncomfortable at times.

"Great culture, leadership and moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Lots of great people around you -Leadership cares about you as a person -Opportunities to grow personally, professionally, and financially -When things don't go great or as planned, it isn't about coming down on you as an employee, but learning together what went wrong and how can we all learn from it and grow from it. Overall great learning environment.

Cons

-There are some growing pains that come along with being a part of the team and a growing company. These are not necessarily cons. It just depends on how you choose to look at it. -The base salary might be lower than you could get elsewhere, but there is a bonus structure in place that is really nice. You just have to be able to wait it out for a few months until you build a book. -Sometimes there are too many new initiatives happening all at once and it is hard to know if any will last through a true testing period or end soon

January 27, 2020CEO

Thanks so much for taking the time to share about your experience working at Disruptive! Let's keep figuring out how to win at life and business together :)

"Love My Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

Disruptive has honestly been the best place I've ever worked. The CEO and executive team really stand by the company values and practice what they preach. They constantly strive to help you learn and grow. They really care about you as a person. I have learned more here personally and professionally in the last seven months that I have in years.

Cons

Can be stressful at times. Especially when you are new and learning the ropes.

January 27, 2020CEO

Love hearing about the growth that you are experiencing here. Let's keep going!

"A Place Where you Can Become a Better Employer and Person! Love Disruptive!"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Lindon, UT

I worked at Disruptive Advertising full-time for less than a year

Pros

They really live their core values: the obstacle is the way, growth mindset, care for each other and radical candor. There is a great culture where everyone is aware of the needs of others and wants you to succeed in the job and in life. They offer self-development classes and great training that allow you to feel that you can succeed in all aspects of your life.

Cons

They are working on providing better training on each specific platform!

January 27, 2020CEO

Bummer that we weren't a long-term fit for each other and I'm glad to hear your experience here was a good one. Best of luck to you and be sure to stay in touch.

Found 102 reviews