KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 131 of over 140 reviews

4.4
Disruptive Advertising Founder and CEO Jacob Baadsgaard
Jacob Baadsgaard
Pros
  • "The company is built on a strong foundation of Core Values that aren't just words- they are the ideals with which we navigate every situation every day(in 17 reviews)

• "People often ask me, "What's the BEST thing about working at Disruptive Advertising(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This is a growing company and with that comes growing pains(in 14 reviews)

• "It is a growing company and with all growing companies, they make adjustments on the fly to improve processes in the organization(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Disruptive Advertising and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Growing At Life Together

Oct 18, 2021 - Team Lead in Pleasant Grove, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can really feel like everyone here is invested in your personal and professional growth

Cons

We're growing a lot so expect change. Expect some growing pains.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great culture, amazing processes, incredible company.

Aug 20, 2021 - Senior Media Buyer in Vineyard, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Disruptive has amazing leaders who are invest in the personal growth of every employee. They've made significant sacrifices to enable this. DA is also very efficient with processes, one of their strongest points. I love that they are extremely transparent about the company growth, pay, and other aspects of the business.

Cons

Life can feel very hectic for a lower level marketer at disruptive. Disruptive hasn't transitioned fully to mid-level, enterprise clients. This makes it so that marketers have to balance a fairly large book of business (which isn't an issue) that's made up of many small clients. Which can make life very unpleasant. I do believe that the pros and potential growth outweighs the cons, but it's not for everyone that's looking for an easy paced job.

CEO

Thank you for your kind words and helpful feedback. Sometimes the progress is slower than we would all like, but I agree with your suggestions and we've made great progress in those areas over the last several years, as we've doubled our average contract size, and plan to continue prioritized that moving forward. Thanks for helping make this a great place to learn and grow together.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start, not to stay

Oct 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Lindon, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Learning potential, Promotes from within, Remote work

Cons

Constantly changing comp structure and poor communication around changes, Do as I say not as I do management,

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Jun 11, 2021 - Digital Marketing Consultant in Pleasant Grove, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

DA has remote or in office work flexibility available. This company has core values, but not just ones buried away in some employee handbook like most places, they actually preach and live those values. DA offers personal development classes taught by experts, and offers bonuses for completing them. A lot of the development principles help you not only with your work routines but help you improve areas of your personal life as well. DA has vacation properties for employee use which is nice to not only get away for a bit with the family, but to also shake up your work environment for a week. DA tends to hire well. Many of your co-workers are some of the sharpest and brightest individuals around, and are enjoyable to work with. Most agencies suffer from perpetual talent shortages, and while DA isn't exempt from this, they tend to suffer from it by a smaller degree. Management listens to employee feedback and concerns and takes action as appropriate. In fact I've read through some of the negative reviews here on Glassdoor and many of the complaints under "cons" are not really issues anymore (assuming they even once were) because management took action where applicable.

Cons

While compensation is comparable, DA tends to work their employees a bit harder than the average company or competing agency. There's a lot expected from you so if you're used to showing up to work and going through the motions, you'll likely get left in the dust and won't last long at DA. If you don't already have an innately strong work ethic, this place won't be for you. DA expects a broader range of skill sets (both soft and hard) and abilities from their marketing consultants to be applied to their roles relative to the average competitor, which can make your job tougher and potentially more stressful. Depending how you see it this can also be a pro as well because you naturally will develop certain skills you otherwise wouldn't have. After a year or two at DA many employees become very marketable on the open job market and are able to pursue a variety of job verticals within our industry with relative ease. They become much more marketable than they otherwise would have been after having spent equal time at a competing company (especially somewhere in-house). DA relies over heavily on inbound new client lead generation, which can tend to bring a higher average percentage of client riffraff through the door. These types of clients on average tend to be less desirable, of general lower quality, have serious underlying business challenges, harder to retain, and/or be more time consuming in general in order to maintain client satisfaction levels overall. (see advice to management for more on this)

3 people found this review helpful

CEO

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to provide such great insight and feedback. Excited to see what we can do in these different areas as we continue learning and growing together. Thank you for making Disruptive a great place to be!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to grow!

Jul 1, 2021 - Analytics Architect in Hauula, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Personal Development, culture, growing fast, they are a young company, this is good and some people could see it as a con, but it matches their culture well. They are nimble and ready to grow. They are transparent in management.

Cons

Young company - sometimes you need to grow with the company and step up as those opportunities rise.

CEO

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience with us. So grateful to have you on the team and to be growing together as we figure out life and business together one step at a time.

6. 5.0

It's a Growth Environment

Sep 14, 2020 - Director in Lindon, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

People often ask me, "What's the BEST thing about working at Disruptive Advertising?" and I always reply, "It's a growth environment." -- A workplace where you're expected to grow; not only as a marketer but as a human being. I'm frequently stressed, but never bored. Changes are commonplace, and if you're someone who struggles to adapt to change you'll find yourself frustrated. I love how much time, money, and effort is poured into developing us into the best possible versions of ourselves we can possibly become (there are leadership development courses, financial development courses, and fitness competitions regularly). Best of all, I know that I am being led by people who will tell me the truth (even when it hurts) so that I can break bad habits, develop better ones, and enable me to strive for excellence in all areas of my life.

Cons

People often ask me, "What's the WORST thing about working at Disruptive Advertising?" and I always reply, "It's a growth environment." -- This is not a clock-in take a nap clock-out kind of job. You're given clients of your own to manage, and you're the one ultimately responsible for their success. If you struggle in pressure situations, this will not be a healthy work environment for you. You're pushed to get outside of your comfort zone frequently, and you're expected to display vulnerability about your feelings & failures.

CEO

Love your thoughts, insights, and helpful feedback. Thanks for helping contribute to our environment where we can keep growing together.

7. 5.0

Best DAMN Job I Ever Had

Aug 25, 2020 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

-You will become a better human being with all the personal and professional coaching you receive from your leaders. -The CEO holds weekly retention meetings with all of client services with real examples of ways to improve client interactions. -You don't work with just ANY client. Clients who come to us have to meet a number of criteria before we even consider partnering with them. -Employees have personalized growth plans to develop skills/abilities that allow them to be successful on and off the job. -The company makes it clear and very attainable for financial growth for new and long term employees. -We live by a number of core values (radical candor, growth minded, extreme ownership & caring for the individual) that we exercise and practice with our clients and colleagues. -Guaranteed monthly bonuses. The better your performance, the bigger the bonus. -Always adapting/changing to be one of the top agencies in the nation. i.e. improving the way we design and communicate strategies to our clients. -When we set goals for ourselves and others, we care enough to hold each other accountable with weekly and sometimes daily follow up. -We have a full-time world renowned leadership coach along with our CEO and CFO offer and teach personal development classes where we create healthy, lasting habits. -Feedback is always welcome.

Cons

-Occasionally you may need to put in additional hours here or there, but that is a small price to pay with the growth and knowledge that accompanies it. -This probably doesn't belong here, but you will be challenged and times will get tough, but you will be given the tools to come away from that experience better because of it. -We don't have receptionist.

CEO

Your energy and contribution to helping us build Disruptive super appreciated! I'll take your Friday suggestion under advisement :)

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best. Leadership. Ever.

Jun 1, 2021 - Digital Marketing Consultant in Pleasant Grove, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Disruptive is absolutely amazing. Personally, I feel that the leaders here really care about my success in my job.

Cons

This job can be pretty demanding, you really have to ensure you are taking the responsibility of making sure you are taking the time off you need. There is unlimited PTO at Disruptive, but the nature of the job can make it difficult to take more than an extra day off.

CEO

I'm glad to hear your overall experience is going well here! You are right about the challenge taking time off can be; we are definitely working on solutions that can help in the roles particularly affected by this and seeing some good initial results we are hoping to role out further.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The culture brings you in and the culture makes you stay

Aug 19, 2020 - Marketing Strategist in Lindon, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Disruptive has an incredible company culture. There are obviously things they can improve but unlike most companies, leadership is aware of these things, striving to gain an even deeper understanding, and actively working to get better every day. It's a privilege to be a part of such a great company. Another thing that really sets Disruptive apart from every other company I've worked for is the actual focus on core values. Every company has core values, but no one actually makes them the core of everything they do like Disruptive. One of those core values is "Care For The Individual" which is huge. At Disruptive, each employee is seen and cared for as an individual, not just a cog in the wheel like how you'd be treated at many other employers. It's awesome and I love it! I highly recommend working here!

Cons

Agency work always has it's drawbacks. Clients can be needy, demanding, and outright rude sometimes. However, one of Disruptive's main goals for onboarding new clients is finding a win (for the client), win (for Disruptive), win (for the employee) partnership. That means, even in the early stages, you're being set up for success as much as possible.

CEO

So happy to hear that you are enjoying and growing at Disruptive! I also agree that one of our areas of improvement continues to be better prioritization and execution on a few things rather than starting and not finishing too many initiatives at the same time. While I think we'd both agree that we've improved in this area, I'm excited to work with you and the rest of the team to continue getting better in this area. You rock.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Love the people I work with

May 18, 2021 - Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) in St. George, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the people I work with. I feel empowered and have the autonomy to do what I feel is best.

Cons

We're a fast growing company, and hiring talent has been a challenge. Although, with embracing remote work we've been able to expand our talent pool and that has been extremely helpful.

CEO

I'm glad you feel the same way because we love working with you as well :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 131 Reviews