Disruptive Advertising Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Disruptive Advertising Founder and CEO Jacob Baadsgaard
Jacob Baadsgaard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Client results come first--this company really embodies its mission statement of "improving lives through results-based relationships"" (in 6 reviews)

• "I personally love it here and very much enjoy the work environment since I am one to not be shy asking for help or tasks to do to fill my time" (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Because the company is growing so fast, there are some growing pains and frequent changes to internal processes" (in 7 reviews)

• "Lots of changes within the company, have to keep up with new processes" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"They've Become Family"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel kind of silly writing a review about a company after only working here for 2.5 months, but in these last two months have been absolutely transformative as far as my career and job satisfaction goes.

First, the entire Disruptive team has been so welcoming. I have had the opportunity to learn almost everyone's name (there are 113 employees here, so that's a big deal) and build relationships with people individually. While we are expected to get our work done, there is also real comradery and friendship here at the office. The culture here is phenomenal.

The company makes sure it hands you all the keys you need to be successful. Besides providing us with top-of-the-line technology and software to help us get our work done, Disruptive also has systems in place to make sure that every individual has what they need to be successful. Are you struggling with client communication? Great, you can ask your team lead for help and they will actually help you! Are you having issues installing end-to-end tracking? There is a tech lead who will sit down and walk you through how to do things. You will always be supported and are always set up for success.

Jake treats his employees like humans—because we are. He ensures that everyone is compensated fairly and does everything he can to make things right between the company and employees. You can tell that he truly does put his employees above the bottom line, which only adds to the amazing culture that exists here.

There is also an amazing "adult policy" PTO system. You can take time off as long as your clients are content, which is amazing. It's just one more way that Jake shows us that he values us as people, not "workhorses."

There is also incredible room for growth—and Disruptive wants to help you get there. I make weekly, monthly, and six month + goals set with my team lead. I'm already working towards my first promotion (again, only been here two months). I have a list of things I need to do in order to prove my competency and I've established real ways that I contribute to my team. We aren't just getting titles when we're promoted—we become a more integral part of the time.

However, the biggest perk at Disruptive is the learning opportunity. If you want to grow, both as an individual and as a professional, this is the place for you. There is always an opportunity to learn and grow, which has been a wonderful experience. Looking back on the skills I had when I started the job (a mere two months ago!) versus the skills I have today is mind-boggling. I have grown so much as an individual because there is an attitude of learning and growing in the office.

I will be here as long as I possibly can. I love it here. I love my coworkers, my clients, and my job. It's the perfect combination.

Can you tell I like it here?

Cons

The only con I can think of is that sometimes it is hard to manage the work/life balance. There is always something else you could be doing for your clients, so sometimes it's hard to go home and turn off your email.

Advice to Management

Continue to create a culture of success and understanding.

2. "Energetic and exciting place to work, learn, and grow!"

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time

Pros

Growth opportunity, meaningful development, great leadership, snacks, lunches, parties, prizes.

Cons

I'm getting fat from all of the free snacks

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

3. "Read other management reviews as well"

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have enjoyed my time here and I personally feel like I have grown a lot more than I would in a different company. If you are prepared to work at a startup that is still figuring out a ton I would strongly recommend Disruptive Advertising. That's critical though. It will come into play at every level and at every position. If you are an individual who is willing to drive change and work toward a common goal I would consider Disruptive Advertising because they do pride themselves on rewarding those who drive success. It shouldn't be taken lightly because managing up, down, and sideways are extremely difficult things to do. Overall, do your best to drive positive change, be patient, hope that you can be heard, and help cultivate positive change.

Cons

Middle and top level management need to improve. There's a few bad apples that set the attitude for the whole to be toxic at times.

Hiring and onboarding need to improve. Hiring and cultivating the best people needs to occur if growth is to continue. Setting that talent up to succeed also leads into this. Expectations are often not consistent and need to be set better.

Poor IT. There are a few people that handle this and primarily only one. It does not help that he is out of the office two days a week. This leads to one of my advice pieces below. Everyone should be willing to work 5 days a week in office, especially if your position could affect the productivity of the whole company.

Advice to Management

Ownership, attitude, teamwork, and open communication need to be emphasized more. High seniority/titled positions should be expected to work just as hard as lower levels. Communication needs to be strategic down to all levels of the team members.

Dec 12, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for expressing what you enjoy and find frustrating at the company.

We've recently restructured our organization to hopefully address the concerns you've addressed. We've reduced the... More

4. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Lindon, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising (Less than a year)

Pros

They really care for each employee, when we succeed they succeed.

Cons

Sometimes the building can be a bit chilly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, always remember it takes a village to raise a great company.

Nov 27, 2018 – Content Marketing Writer & Social Media Manager

You are on point in every section you review- especially the chilly office!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, we indeed care about employees and we look to always learn and grow... More

5. "A company focused on Growth and Generosity"

Current Employee - Strategist in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Strategist in Provo, UT

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The environment of the company is one of growth and giving back. It rewards determination, and personal accountability. The CEO loves to be generous through compensation, bonuses, Friday afternoon games, and giving back to the community. As a young company it is ever evolving, and pushing it's employees to be innovative and growth oriented. It is an amazing place to work, with incredible skills to be learned.

Cons

Get comfortable with being uncomfortable. This company will push you to be your best.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Nov 27, 2018 – Content Marketing Writer & Social Media Manager

Disruptive is all about not only building results-based relationships but meaningful ones. We truly want to compensate people for their hard work as we see that appreciation and recognition helps... More

6. "A Great Place To Be"

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are so many pro's its hard to know where to start. I love the growth plan, it’s set up so that you can basically grow at your own pace and everyone wants you to succeed. If my clients are doing well and happy then i'm rewarded in the form of bonuses and having the opportunity to progress in the organization and so does my team lead and so does my director so everyone is very motivated to help you succeed and help your clients have the best experience.
     I really like that's in everyones best interest for me to move up to the next level and succeed. I just feel like I’m very in charge of my growth.
    A couple other pros are the PTO, and benefits, I love the people I work with, and I love the vision that all the upper management have for where they want Disruptive to be. The people here really know what they're doing and you get to grow quickly, and learn how to help clients be successful from day 1.

Cons

As a growing company changes are made and made frequently. As someone who really likes things to be consistent, this is sometimes a challenge to me especially with the rapid growth we are going through as a company. The hardest part of the job is the stress. Your success is tied to results and happy clients, as it should be, but the nature of the job is a stressful one.

Nov 27, 2018 – Content Marketing Writer & Social Media Manager

Wow, thank you so much for the detailed review of our agency! We are happy to see that the pro list is quite longer than the cons list! We truly hope that you continue to grow here and see that there... More

7. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

Current Employee - Account Analyst in Lindon, UT
    Current Employee - Account Analyst in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learning daily, becoming an expert at what you do, money games, time for a life.

Cons

You won't do too well if you're not a self-starter and learn on your own. The training is missing gaps and they expect a lot from new interns and employees.

Advice to Management

Align training curriculum (which is happening as we speak, I know)

Oct 24, 2018 – Content Marketing Writer & Social Media Manager

Thank you so much for the honest feedback. We love hearing ways we can improve an employee's experience and to hear we can do better in training is a great start! We will try to see how we can... More

8. "Marketing Strategist"

Current Employee - Marketing Strategist in Lindon, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing Strategist in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment where everyone care's about each other's success, both with client's and as individuals. There are always people willing to help each other, and management actively seeks to help you grow and advance with your career.

Cons

A lot is expected from each employee, which can create a high stress environment. If people aren't a good fit, they are quick to be let go. These decisions are never a surprise though, as communication is very open, and any issues are brought up and they try to work through them with employees and give them a chance to fix the problem.

Advice to Management

Emphasize training more, often a team lead is saddled with an existing book of business that doesn't give them the time to focus on the team members as much as they probably should.

Oct 24, 2018 – Content Marketing Writer & Social Media Manager

We appreciate your honest and fair evaluation of our agency! We truly want the best work environment and results for our clients and although it is tough to let people go, we want the best for our... More

9. "A Company That Actually Gives A Damn"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Lindon, UT
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This has been an amazing place to work. The company has a very ambitious culture that doesn't come across as competitive. The leadership genuinely cares about employees and their personal/professional growth.

Cons

Because it's just getting out of the startup stage processes are continuing to evolve and change which can be hard to keep up with at times.

Advice to Management

While the time-off policy is very lenient, it would be good to observe more of the National Holidays.

Oct 24, 2018 – Content Marketing Writer & Social Media Manager

We love the title statement as we truly do give a damn about our employees personal and professional lives!

We strive to make a work culture that is accepting, collaborative and caring so we... More

10. "Design Team"

I have been working at Disruptive Advertising full-time

Pros

Awesome culture, always growing & improving, truly cares about employees's success and wellbeing,

Cons

Fast-paced environment that is not for everyone, rate of growth for such a small company can be stressful at times, lack of diversity - although it gets better every year

Nov 27, 2018 – Content Marketing Writer & Social Media Manager

We appreciate your honest and open review of our agency. We are happy to hear there are a lot of positive elements to working here but you are right, fast-paced environments are not for everyone. We... More