Divane Brothers Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Divane Bros."

I worked at Divane Brothers Electric full-time

Pros

Interesting projects, senior top management/executives were class acts. Office staff were good people also.

Cons

Project Managers shared very little with others, everything was a secret. There were employees that were very dishonest and stealing from the company (which included some upper management).

Advice to Management

Clean house

2. "Sr. Project Manager"

I have been working at Divane Brothers Electric full-time

Pros

Company is currently changing for better or worse. It will be interesting to see how their change management tactics are received.

Cons

With a complete change of management skepticism is prevalent. Co-workers are very guarded with information.

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees

3. "The saga of Nepotism carried out to this day"

I have been working at Divane Brothers Electric part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Sadly the only pros to working for this company were the wonderful x-mas bonuses we once received.

Cons

The company has fired quite a few people this past year; people we did not need because of gross mishandling and incorrect management of company funds. Dan Divane who is now a "puppet" president has had all his responsibilities formally removed but is still employed here even though technically because of the amount of money he cost our company he should be fired. Dan Divane sunk this company to the ground, taking over the helm and making such poor decisions that we almost went bankrupt. This company is a joke to work for. Some of our key players put in excess of 80 hours or more a week without any weekend off just to catch up with Dan Divane's mistakes. I have no idea why Dan was not fired but I call it favoritism since he is a relative of Bill Divane. I am going to be resigning soon as I can no longer handle the quarreling and long hours we all put in to correct some mistakes that were made by Bill's relative. No matter what we do there is never never enough time in the day to correct the errors of the past.

Advice to Management

You need to get rid of certain employees who are no longer functioning on our team. If you want better performance from your remaining employees reward us with some family time.

4. "Potential Employee Beware"

I worked at Divane Brothers Electric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most people are really nice, very accepting of others and easy to work with.

Cons

Be prepare to go it alone as there will be little to no help from others and for heaven sake do not ask too many questions or for much assistance in order to do your job correctly, it will be seen as being too needy or incompetent.

Advice to Management

Please stop psycho analyzing employees and treat every employee fairly and with dignity and respect. The Supervisor should not be allowed to manage animals let alone people- unprofessional and immature and prefers people of their own age sphere and type.

For future reference, I hope management will learn to listen to all employees and treat all employees the same.

5. "This company has me scratching my head, as they just don't get it or simply do not want to get it."

Current Employee - Project Manager/Estimator in Franklin Park, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager/Estimator in Franklin Park, IL

Pros

You can usually find classes through the union's or electrical contractor's association chapter that the company will get you in at their cost if you ask. You will find yourself on a whole variety of projects.

Cons

Leadership is lost as they cannot communicate with one another, the owning partners feud in regards to power the president is unwilling to take control. Pay is well below the Chicago area averages. The company does not understand business operational procedures and is truly unable to tell anyone how well they performed over any year. There are no performance reviews and salary raises only happen out of economic necessity. There are "divisions" but the managers have no authority and there is no tier for individuals that want to grow in their career. There are no performance bonuses and no 401K or matching program, you will not know how well you are performing and because you are an "at will" employee they can end your employment with not reason given.

Advice to Management

Work together and stop feuding. Teir out responsibilities to allow opportunity for employees to grow. Create a Human Resources division.

6. "Large Electrical Contractor - Growing Pains"

Pros

They are a privately owned company. Most people are great. Making the some appropriate changes. Embraces technology. Takes care of their employees Field and Management.

Cons

Company lacks vision and direction. The divisions and departments are not unified there is strengths not being utilized. Change is usually driven as a reaction versus proactive drive.

Advice to Management

Be prepared to run things on your own and take initiative in your own personal development. You will get little feedback. You can become what you want with this company but your mentors will need to be external candidates.

7. "A Great Company Gone Bad"

Former Employee - Project Manager/Estimator
    Former Employee - Project Manager/Estimator

I worked at Divane Brothers Electric full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you can stay for at least a year, it makes easy to move on with Divane on your resume, but dont let anyone know your leaving or you will find it very difficult to fine another job.

Cons

Lack of leadership from the top down. Since the transition to the new management team there has been mass confusion. Basicly being the boss doesn't make you a good leader. Project Managers have no control over the field and with no control and the sky is the limit. The philsophy of replacing seasoned Project Managers with children directly out of college has created mass confusion.

Raises are non-existent. The leadership has become so greed any profits generated get divided among the new leaders. Theft from the field is pretty much the norm.

Advice to Management

New leadership a must. Replace the bad apples whatever the cost.