Diversified Consultants Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Diversified Consultants Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2019

2.9
Diversified Consultants CEO Charlotte Zehnder (no image)
Charlotte Zehnder

"Hurting, Awful, Vindictive Collection Agency."

Current Employee - Management in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Diversified Consultants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Dear Reader: These comments are meant to assist you in your research and due diligence as you seek truths from firsthand experience regarding Diversified Consultants Incorporated. Take close note of the review trends you are seeing. Be cognizant of the many detrimental themes like incompetence, mismanagement, employee indifference, cronyism and lack of ethics that consistently reoccur amidst other negative virtues.... Notice too the volley of over enthusiastic “five-star” reviews that can’t identify a single fault with DCI. This common strategy is used as a diversion away from negative comments (think fake news). The vast majority of these positive reviews could most likely be written by the DCI Human Resources, Marketing and Public Relations Departments and used as propaganda to influence you and their clients by covering up bad reviews. You should also be looking at whether the reviews consistently come from brand new employees, because that is a concerning sign of high turnover. Pros It would be disingenuous to say there are no good folks at DCI. There are some remaining good employees but the numbers are dwindling. Just not many in the upper echelons of Management and none in the Family Ownership. Best news is DCI has a West Coast presence in Oregon (Tualatin) which is a physician-assisted suicide friendly state. The fact that DCI indirectly offers euthanasia, to a portion of its workforce, is the most valuable DCI employee benefit. Unfortunately, employees located in Florida and Kentucky cannot participate in this sole positive DCI attribute.

Cons

You will hear a lot internal advertising regarding the DCI “Family” but you will not find any corporate core values. To provide direction and motivation a new “Mission Statement” is created each year or so. Whomever creates the annual mission statements does a decent job if attempting to write fight songs for middle school cheer squads. Perhaps ownership could supply the authors with some simple business leadership... classics. Maybe something by Carnegie or Covey as foundation and inspiration, for next year’s paragraph, instead of a steady diet of WWII documentaries made in the 1960s & Friday Night Lights reruns. Frontline/Collector Management is preoccupied with individualistic personal quotas, uneducated, lacks in leadership/coaching skill sets and is cast adrift by their unsophisticated superiors. Middle Management is unaware, incompetent and ill-equipped to drive results. Senior Management is workforce blind and braggadocious but they can tell you the time of day repeatedly (see very last comment/sentence of review). DCI Employee Benefits offerings are an insidious farce intended to take advantage of workforce neophytes and the uniformed. Healthcare is bottom of the barrel bare minimum coverage at exorbitant monthly costs. Sick time is your vacation time which you’re forced into exhausting yearly and is minimal. Prepare for reluctance when asking for time off. No work-Life balance here. DCI will happily coordinate for you to pay AFLAC to cover their intentional ineptitude to caring for its own. 401k, wait a year and no match %. That is how much the DCI “Family” cares about you (Consider - Charlie Manson had a “Family” too). In conclusion, from a benefits perspective, DCI subsidizes/matches almost nothing. Of course, all this leads to an outrageously high attrition rate. Churn & burn right DCI? DCI should incorporate verbiage describing entry level human capital as collateral damage in its bizarre combatant, quasi-militaristic mission statements. You could get better “Benefit” deals from any dealer on any downtown Jacksonville street corner.

Advice to Management

How many clients have you already lost recently since you unceremoniously canned all your big salaries? Ship taking in a lot of water, huh? Step away from the mirror to understand your inbred management style ignores the most basic pillars of success for even the most mundane organizations. You’re confusing your growing waistlines with accomplishment. Any expectation around simplistic values such as respect,... integrity, compassion, innovation, vision, collaboration, accountability and relationship building are curiously absent from your corporate vocabulary. Betrayal is in there though. Ingratiate yourselves with basic workforce leadership concepts concerning engagement, growth, trustworthiness and enhancement (perhaps add transparency from a client perspective too). Did your most recent Employee Satisfaction evaluation coincide with the last Godfather movie premier? Passing the softball team sign-up sheet is not an Employee Satisfaction Survey. Passing the coke vile in the bathroom at the Corporate Christmas Party in not a team builder. Passing the collection hat for t-shirts with gaudy logos, to satisfy mandatory “client visit” dress code days, is not an employee bonding event. Patting each other’s oiled-up butts on the management cruise is not self-assessment. Put a little more effort into employee education, enrichment, inspiration and satisfaction rather than depending on companywide emailed selfies of Senior Management’s Wristwatch collections to motivate the troops. Readers watch the reviews, written right after this one by the DCI sinking ship hardliners while they gasp for air, as propaganda to skew their overall rating. Gasp, Gasp, Glug, Gasp, Gasp, Gluuuuuuug!

Diversified Consultants2018-11-09
  2. "Mushroom"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Diversified Consultants full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

None there is nothing good here now.

Cons

This company has gone down the tubes they will be lucky if they can survive a year more management makes up the rules as they go. I have watched them let good people walk away. The people at the top have to many personal issues to be where they are. Time for fresh out side blood no personal hatred of a location due to others plans the CEO and “management team”ha dislike the former CEO so much they are willing to let... thinkings fall apart to destroy his plan for the company and from the look they would cut the heart out any one to make that point costing families who packed up and have moved to make this a great place to one I wouldn’t tell my worst enemy about. It’s a shame the owners are too short sighted to see the potential they have let fall to the ground. Closing point never trust your mangers here they will lie with a straight face and telling you everything is great and let you go tomorrow. I got the T shirt

Advice to Management

Hire someone else to be CEO without feeling about Gordon he’s gone and you are ruining people’s lives and the company with your grudges.

Diversified Consultants2018-11-06
  3. "Good company but needs more training"

Current Employee - Collector in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Diversified Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Monday - Friday schedule is good so you can spend the weekends with family

Cons

Training wasn't long enough. Some material I learned on the floor, but they should extend the training so collectors are prepared and ready to be on the phones.

Advice to Management

Training is good but I think more detailed training for employees would be beneficial.

Diversified Consultants2018-09-10

"Collector"

Current Employee - Debt Collector in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Diversified Consultants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Was a great place to work at with a great enviroment

Cons

That all went down the drain when our previous CEO, Gordon Beck, CFO, COO, and all upper management got fired due to embezzlement.

Advice to Management

Don't hire shaddy people.

Diversified Consultants2018-08-20
  5. "David Goodwin will fire you"

Former Employee - HIGH UP in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Diversified Consultants full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None other than you get fondled

Cons

Nasty bathrooms Childish 11$/ hour- lol Managers try to sleep with you Bad company Awful people

Advice to Management

Please stop threatening me

Diversified Consultants2018-09-16

"Collection agent"

Former Employee - Debt Collector in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Diversified Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

A very Laid back atmosphere

Cons

Tell you about bonus but don’t give it to you, constant changing rules, bad management

Advice to Management

Don’t lie to employees about money - people’s livelihood is nothing to mess with.

Diversified Consultants2018-08-23
  7. "Difficult Job"

I worked at Diversified Consultants full-time

Pros

Fun environment, fast paced workload

Cons

The job is tough, callers are horrible and expectations are too high.

Diversified Consultants2018-07-18
  8. "Life Changing Opportunity"

I have been working at Diversified Consultants full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working for DCI going on a year and it has changed my life. Never before, even after 5 years working in a leadership role at my previous company, have I felt so supported, respected, and valued. The opportunities I have been given to learn and grow within the organization are the types of opportunities that only come from a family owned, truly passionate, set of individuals. DCI has given me so much... more than a job, it has provided me with the tools I need to excel outside of the office walls as well.

Cons

The only con that I can see is that I didn't start working at DCI sooner.

Advice to Management

Continue sharing your limitless knowledge and using your experience to make the individuals working for you and the industry as a whole better for everyone.

Diversified Consultants2018-06-26
  9. "I worked here for about 6 months, i mostly enjoyed my time at DCI."

Former Employee - Collector in Louisville, KY

I worked at Diversified Consultants full-time for less than a year

Pros

Chance to make tons of money, It’s a constant upbeat environment and they always are making sure the employees are having a good day, constantly having events, giveaways, etc.

Cons

Sick days are vacations days, also feel as if they could hire more qualified people for the job considering some of the unprofessional people I worked with didn’t like that too much

Advice to Management

This company has great potential especially with the quick pace it’s moving at, respect the employees always talk to them with respect and focus on bringing in quality candidates.

Diversified Consultants2018-06-26
  10. "DCI is the best Company to work for"

Current Employee - Chief Development Officer in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Diversified Consultants full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Gordon Beck constantly amazed me with his industry insight and brilliant techniques to solving problems. His hands-on approach to Leadership, Results, Motivation, Passion and strong character won him the respect of the staff. Gordon Beck is extremely enthusiastic about his work which is infectious. Gordon Beck makes the impossible possible. He is a really exceptional individual.

Cons

None I can think of

Diversified Consultants2018-06-25