Diversified Human Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "It can be challenging, but fun and rewarding!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Diversified Human Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is not a typical HR or admin job. Every day is something new and different, and there are lots of people to go to for input and support. I've gained a ton of knowledge and real world experience. Also, a lot of the employees have been with the company for a really long time (including management). Some have even left and come back. It's nice to work with people who clearly like their jobs and like coming to work.

Cons

This is not a typical HR or admin job--yes, this can be a pro and a con. If you don't like fast-paced work environments or thinking on your feet to find solutions, you will struggle--and many have in the past.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring people who want to learn and grow with the company. It is important to have people that are ready to work and contribute to the teams.

2. "Unprofessional, unorganized, and unfriendly."

Pros

NONE. I'm only writing words here for the 20 word minimum for this site.

Cons

Gossip and drama was way more of a priority than actually getting work done. No support from upper management (quite the opposite really) and no direction given to you. There was literally no reason to ever go in and work. The people are rude and only want to spread rumors like children. It's also quite obvious that the reviews from December 2016 are from upper management trying to increase their rating. Do not work here!

Advice to Management

Go out of business.

3. "Unprofessional and Unsupportive Work Environment"

I worked at Diversified Human Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No "Pros" while working at DHR

Cons

I hope no other person at DHR (or elsewhere) experiences what I did. But, when I worked at DHR, I experienced verbal abuse from: senior co-workers, direct supervisor, and certain members of the executive team. At the time, I didn't recognize this as inappropriate behavior, I was young and naïve, and just thought I was being too sensitive. While I tried to stand strongly and professionally on my own, the verbal abuse simply got to me, and I could no longer handle the stress and quit. In fact, my last few months, I was barely sleeping and eating...

Lastly, I noticed the common view point at DHR was that, "DHR is a place of serious work, not a place to be hand held. Other's from the past could not handle it and quit. Can you handle it? If not, quit." My answer to DHR ----- Any intelligent, reasonable individual, who of course wants to work hard, be successful, and learn all the facets of this business, will of course take their job seriously. But, if senior staff and management don't know how to foster a professional work environment, the best employees in the world, will quit your company.

Advice to Management

DHR needs serious counsel with regards to it's communication, training, and treatment towards employees. But, this will likely never happen, since DHR is a smaller company, it is all too easy for DHR to get away with illegal and unethical work practices....

4. "We've come a long way!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Diversified Human Resources full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Long term employees who have been with the company through the years are fantastic resources!! Executive team understands that work/life balance isn't just a buzz word and supports you through the unexpected issues that come up. Company is mid-sized which means that if you are looking to grow your skills and experience you'll get the opportunity.

Cons

Getting the right people in the door. This isn't a typical HR company where you sit around and wait for the issues to come to you, and employees who didn't work out typically weren't prepared to take an active/proactive role in client experiences. Previous executive team had different work philosophy but with current exec team (which is stable) there is a different leadership style and expectations are clearly communicated.

Advice to Management

keep it up!

5. "Payroll Specialist"

Pros

Great people, flexible work schedule, laid back atmosphere no micro managing.

Cons

Lack of training and overall Management in most departments.

No pay scale, no employee reviews or scheduled pay increases...but if your good and speak up (which shouldn't be the case) they will take care of you.

Advice to Management

Implement a training process, get more experienced managers be more proactive regarding ee pay increases. Not saying hand out money but take care of the employees who get the job done or add a clear pay scale with increases based on years of exp. or achievements.

6. "Human Resource Consultamt"

Pros

I met some really nice staff at DHR, but none of them work there anymore either....

Cons

No support to staff who are off-site. They Re all about money and the HR Consultants are stuck in the middle between the client and DHR. This is a cut throat company who doesn't train or care about their staff!!

Advice to Management

Learn to communicate and be honest to your staff. Your benefits (insurance/PTO) is less than appealing. Advice to an organization who wants to use this company-DON'T do it, they lie to you with a smile in their face and false promises!!

7. "Not a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Off-Site Human Resources Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Off-Site Human Resources Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Diversified Human Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The co-workers were really nice to work with. I had a great time working with the people. I loved the location too, it was so close to home. Minimal commute

Cons

Management wasn't very transparent in business dealings and showed clear favoritism. They weren't good with employee training either. I was frequently using Google to get my questions answered. They truly believe in the sink or swim ideal.

Advice to Management

Train your staff so that you can keep them accountable for the information they need to perform their duties properly.

8. "Most disorganized company I have ever worked for."

Current Employee - Human Resource Specialist
    Current Employee - Human Resource Specialist

Pros

Offers the opportunity for development

Cons

Poor benefits, rigid yet disorganized management, very high turnover

9. "Good experience"

Pros

Two of the best employment relations attorneys ever!!

Cons

Improve the benefit specialist role.

10. "Don't do it - Trust me, worst experience of my career!"

Former Employee - Benefits Specialist
    Former Employee - Benefits Specialist

I worked at Diversified Human Resources full-time

Pros

None (well, there are a few good people left at the company, and a few remaining clients are decent as well). Great location.

Cons

Completely disorganized, President is all about money and doesn't care about clients or internal employees, no resources or tools, no management, high turnover, poor benefits and very low pay (below market), no work/life balance. First year up to five years you only get 2 weeks time off per year (PTO and Sick combined). Company hides things from employees and from clients, doesn't communicate, and is developing a bad reputation within the community. No raises or merits. No culture - at all. I doubt company will be around for longer than 2 more years, at the most.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, realize the problems and work to resolve them opposed to reprimanding employee and/or firing them. Deal with escalated issues. Communicate! Hang on to the good employees and appreciate them.