Diversified Media Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Melillo

1. "i enjoy my job"

I have been working at Diversified Media Group full-time

Pros

I truly enjoy my job. Do I have bad days? yes. Overall I really like working here and while there are things that could be better its not nearly as bad as some of the other reviewers point out. Sometimes people just don't work out. Sometimes the job isn't right for them. I understand the whole point for the company to exists is to make a profit. As long as I continue to be treated FAIRLY am happy to be part of that effort. My manager is very encouraging and helpful towards me. Maybe the other reviewers were referring to specific people because I haven't been part of what they describe. We are all here with a purpose. Some people do it better then others. That's life. If your job is really that bad or you are that underpaid you may want to look for another one. That is up to you but the grass isn't always greener.

Cons

Parking can be a pain. That is definitely true. One building would be better and I know they have looked but didn't find anything local and didn't want to impact the daily commute of the employees. Its probably more expensive to have multiple buildings, I don't know. Not making my commute even longer is appreciated though.

"Big Company, Big plans, not implemented."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nazareth, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nazareth, PA

I worked at Diversified Media Group (More than a year)

Pros

High end, high profile tech company. Ability to work with top level technology, clients and vendors.

Cons

Lack of quality training and career guidance from certain "managers". Company growing faster than they can manage. It's a very "clique" based environment.

Advice to Management

Hold your directors accountable.

"Not good"

Current Employee -
    Current Employee -

I have been working at Diversified Media Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My peers are very nice

Cons

Managers are inexperienced and lack basic leadership and people skills. Some managers have no control over their emotions and other managers are delusional. They use an inadequate system across the company. As a result employees are spending time as data entry clerks. The training is poor. I spent a week watching video after video on their system only to learn that is not how they use it. You depend on your co workers to show you what to do, and your training is limited to what that person knows. The onboarding process for a new employee is the worst I've experienced in my career. I did not make the right decision accepting the offer to work here. I am trying to correct that mistake now.

Advice to Management

The foul mouthed bully tactics are not effective, nor are they welcoming.

5. "Inefficiency at its finest"

I have been working at Diversified Media Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Steady company growth, mostly fun employees with great senses of humor, generally flexible work environment. Free coffee. That's about all.

Cons

Where to start? Well, the recent 5 star review was probably written by management in an attempt to increase the average rating. The themes in previous reviews are alarmingly accurate. Clique mentality, Former CRI employees are favored and more likely to get promoted. Knowledge is not passed around. Fingers pointed. No one takes accountability. Nothing has changed!

Moral is low in every department. Salaries (unless you are favored) are well below the national average in an area with a high cost of living. The previous reviewer that said they take advantage of people between jobs and low ball offers is true.

The company is spread out between 4 buildings and several warehouses. There's not enough parking for everyone and people double and triple park each other. Need to leave work quickly? Good luck finding the person who is blocking you in. They might be in another building, or worse, at an off site meeting. There are plans to add yet another building down the street. We don't need another building. We need ONE LARGE building. This would increase efficiency and remove the need to walk or drive to another building for meetings.

Training is non-existent and the software used decreases efficiency. Processes aren't documented and no one seems to know what they are.

Advice to Management

Don't simply acknowledge the moral issue. Do something to fix it or you will continue losing good employees.

"You wont last long!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Kenilworth, NJ
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Kenilworth, NJ

I have been working at Diversified Media Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is growing so there is always room to advance. There is a good bit of flexibility as far as working from home and working hours.

Cons

Benefits are average at best, almost below the norm. The management seems to not have a clue as to how to manage a growing company. There is a lot of hiring going on, but they seem to be getting people with little to no experience. Then when they under perform they have the book thrown at them. As a company no one takes ownership for anything people are constantly passing blame around. This can lead to a toxic work environment. The people can be somewhat clique as well.

Advice to Management

Hire quality people and maybe there would not be so much turn over. I am looking to get out of here as we speak! Another one bites the dust!

"Just walk away"

Pros

They offer good Benefits and retirement packages. You will have steady work if your willing to put in the hours.

Cons

This company has grown fast with little preparation to handle the work load. They hire mostly people from Creative Realities Inc. If you are outside this group you will have little to no chance for advancement.

Advice to Management

Getting new accounts is good. Better planning and preparations is needed PRIOR to making promises to demands you have no way of handling.
    Too much insider hiring of people with no clue or poor skills leads to unnecessary work load, expenses and increased profit loss. Continuing on this path will lead to this companies demise.

"Oh man"

Former Employee - Project Management Team in Kenilworth, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Management Team in Kenilworth, NJ

Pros

Company is growing, business is booming. They have great top name clients. Great employees. Some great managers. Generally flexible hours. If you enjoy doing mindless tasks and only doing it 1 way, then this is the place for you!

Cons

Every con review posted here is alarmingly true. Lots of going pains. Poor management, creating a poor atmosphere. Little direction, and training, and everyone is out for themselves. There's little guidance as to the way they want things done, but when you do it wrong it is your fault. They seem to only hire people in between jobs, allowing them to low ball everyone's salary, even if you weren't between jobs. There's no other way of saying it; they just set you up to fail. In the interview they sell you a bill of goods, and when you get there, the job is completely different. There's a lot of administrative work that a high schooler can do, but instead season professionals are doing. My biggest thing is that they lied to me about what the job was.

I've also heard that tech are over worked, paid poorly, and have done 70 hour weeks with no overtime and no extra time off. There's a lot of turn over in both the tech and Project Management department.

Advice to Management

Promoting people that performed well at their jobs that didn't involve people management, allows for Managers that manage people poorly. Value your employees, they're people with real feelings and emotions. Trust the work they do, if you don't, then it needs to be addressed directly, not in a roundabout, indirect, demeaning fashion. Realize that there are some people that want to work, and stay loyal; but people can only take so much abuse.

"You can do what you want if you are a chosen one"

I worked at Diversified Media Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility depending who you work for.

Cons

Point fingers when something goes wrong. no one takes accountability. Knowledge is not shared but dictated regardless if it suits the business/clients. Poor management on every level. Nepotism and favoritism are rampant. No employee appraisals, don't know where you stand.

Advice to Management

Treat all your employees fairly. Professionalism does not exist from the top down. The company has no culture and management has no diplomacy or tact.

"Over worked and under paid"

Former Employee - NOC Technician in Kenilworth, NJ
    Former Employee - NOC Technician in Kenilworth, NJ

I worked at Diversified Media Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Emerging Market, Technology & Audio / Video based.

Cons

Small company. Clique mentality onsite, being a outsider is detrimental. Horrible management. It a free for all learn as you go culture with one department changing things on the fly and another setting it back, just to have it changed again the next day by another department. There is no direction and departments are constantly passing blame on each others job duties.

Advice to Management

Organization and compartmentalization of duties and tasks for all departments.

"What else can I say, Its a job."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kenilworth, NJ

Pros

Flexablity. They are flexiable with work hours and working from home. As long as the job gets done in a timely fashion

Cons

Knowledge is not passed around. Things easy slip through the cracks and fingers are pointed in every other direction other then there own. Pay does not adiquitly represent what is expected from you also job titles are given but never held to. A person might be doing one job one week then asked to go into something completly different because they know how to do it not cause it is there responsibility.

Advice to Management

Stick to what you promise people and there job titles. Also look at what people actually do. Just because someone screams the loudest they are the best doesn't mean they are.