Diversified Systems Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John H Bond

1. "Good Starter job"

Pros

This is a good company to use as a spring board for future job opportunities. The CEO, John Bond , is a good man with great moral standards. If you show up to work and do your job all will go well. It is a very relaxed environment. DSR is a good place to get your foot in the door for future prospects with other companies that have room to move up.

Cons

It is difficult to get out of the "contractor" role. Raises are difficult to come by.

2. "Management smanagement"

I worked at Diversified Systems Resources full-time

Pros

Great place to get a feel if the IT world. Flexible schedule. The employees are generally cool. Great view of downtown. When you first start your on fire for success. Training is lighthearted and easily comprehended.

Cons

No lateral movement. No job postings. Unfair and biased treatment. Escalation support that barely documents their name let alone how they resolved an issue. An over paid knowledge team that plays video games all day and expects the already over extended employees on the floor to contribute to the knowledge base so they can copy/paste the information. No one in any department can actually listen and answer a question (besides 2nd level which consists of 3 people that must answer every question for the entire technical department) Moody and unstable supervisors on the day shift. Consistent broken promises. Your position is not based on experience, or the actual work you do, it is who you rub elbows with. There is not any kind of employee incintives. Raises are very few and far between. If you do excel and go over and beyond you are a fool because you will become a mandated work horse and be given responsibilities you are not paid to complete because the ones who are supposed to be responsible for said tasks are incompetent. You will never be told you are valued. Everyday you will come to work and watch as the company grows and makes more money, yet your pay will stay the same. This company does not want forward thinking employees. They do not want to hear your suggestions on how to make things better. Just sit down shut uo do your job and be happy aboit it. This is a great temporary job but there is absolutely no reason to stay.

Advice to Management

Ask to see a person's resume. I was there for many years, not one time did anyone ask to see my resume. You had no idea what I was capable of. Do not reward bad behavior. There is a handbook, enforce it. If you do not care, your employees will eventually not care either. Especially when rules only effect a select few. Know your projects before you try to hatefuly criticize an employee that actually knows what they are doing. Do not pay an entire team of people time and a half to work holidays that their projects are closed for! Never make an employee feel as though they are unintellegent. Employees are assets, supervisors are expenses. Stop putting out the fire of the new employee. Some of us will only be stifled until we are able to move on to a company that allows our passion to thrive. FYI. IT people absolutely love their job, they love fixing things, they love the puzzle proccess. You would greatly benifit by nurturing that quality within the company. Rather than kill it with constant chaos and negativity.

"Senior technical analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Bartlesville, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Analyst in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at Diversified Systems Resources (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can set own 40 schedule with approval from management.

Cons

Micro managed, processes are not enforced and change without notification. Contracts are not honored with customers that the company supports. Project managers have little or no IT experience and there are many managerial positions within the company that are filled with people that have no managerial skills or HR training. Nepotisim runs unchecked here which makes the actual work flow very difficult for aforementioned reasons. No path for advancement and no metric for full time hire.

Advice to Management

Instead of punishing the enitre floor for mistakes, maybe stop hiring stupid people and offering a clear advancement path to those that wish to learn more and work hader. Offer incentives and bonuses to good employees in order to set a standard.

"Great "last resort" employer"

Current Employee - Broadband Provisioning in Bartlesville, OK
    Current Employee - Broadband Provisioning in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at Diversified Systems Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The initial training program is amazing. The trainer is the best teacher I have ever had in my life. I was extremely excited to start my career with DSR only to be completely let down by the company after I passed training.

Cons

DSR does not believe in positive reinforcement. Managers almost never say good job and only talk to you when you did something wrong. DSR gets almost all of their employees from staffing agencies and then strings them along without a clear path to full time status. There is not a set criteria for getting hired full time.

There is no clear path for advancement, one day you just may get a letter saying you are hired full time. I got my letter before 3 people in my class. One of those people was better than me and had better attendance. I still have no idea how that happened.

There are no annual reviews or raises. There are no retirement options. No 401k even offered. Full time employees do not even have a direct deposit option.

Managers do not coach or give feedback. There is not a single manager at DSR that, to my knowledge, has any former managerial experience or qualifications.

The president of the company told the entire company during meetings that monkeys could do their jobs. I saw a manager in tears one day because they had to talk to him.

They have this 80 hour policy that they enforce when they feel like it. One year you can go over 150 hours and be fine, the next year you are canned as soon as you hit 80. I have observed people fired for attendance only to come back in six months after asking the CEO. They rarely take into consideration any other factors. You could be the top performing person on your team in terms of work and productivity but if you have a "attendance problem" you are canned when people that make mistakes and barely work are kept just because they show up.

There are "protected people" that get away with anything they want. This was even told to me by a manager.

They recently fired like 20 people over a couple of weeks. They are now touring 15 people classes through the floor. I can't wait until they try to replace experienced people with brand new hires. The owner and president have no idea what all this job entails.

Overall this is not a good place to work at all. I am only here at this point because it pays the bills until I can find something else.

Advice to Management

This company has potential. You need to get rid of your president, vice president, HR person, and most managers on the floor and hire people with actual experience in those roles. You need to completely scrap the 80 hour policy- it is worthless. You need to focus on building a work environment where people actually want to show up. Hire managers familiar with modern corporate culture or train those that you have to step up.

6. "Technical support ananlyst"

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Bartlesville, OK
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Bartlesville, OK

I worked at Diversified Systems Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are generally allowed to work as much over time as you want. They work really well with you on changing or working around your schedule if something comes up.

Cons

You could stay on as a temp worker up to a year or longer. Its very hard to get a raise.

Advice to Management

Provide more incentive for employees who are good at their job to stay at DSR. Seems like the turn over is not considered a problem.

7. "good place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Bartlesville, OK
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Bartlesville, OK

Pros

Good place to work. and good benefits

Cons

i cant think of any cons

8. "I'm still here :)"

Pros

Generally Good Atmosphere to work in. Owner cares about his employees.

Cons

Your work experience is what you make of it... Keep positive and the cons are significantly lower.

"Great place to work."

Current Employee - Technician in Bartlesville, OK
    Current Employee - Technician in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at Diversified Systems Resources full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company. Pick your hours.

Cons

No room for advancement unless you know someone or are friends with the boss. No job bidding or notice of open positions No reward system. You must ask for raises. No one really knows the answer to anything, for the most part your on your own to figure it out. No wireless phone so you are glued to your desk. No stand up monitors so you must sit to type. There is no retirement plan at all. Insurance is rather expensive.

Advice to Management

Pay for work done. Admonish those that do not follow procedure. Give leadership to those that actually capable of doing the job, or care to do the job correctly. Reward beyond an occasional piece of paper for outstanding work.

"Loved working here..."

Former Employee - Broadband Provisioning Specialist in Bartlesville, OK
    Former Employee - Broadband Provisioning Specialist in Bartlesville, OK

I worked at Diversified Systems Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, fun environment and I moved up rapidly better than my other places of employment.

Cons

Only con was when I moved back I could not continue my employment with them.

Advice to Management

None

"Grown from a small family company to a large company with Family management, doesn't work."

Former Employee - Senior Technician in Bartlesville, OK
    Former Employee - Senior Technician in Bartlesville, OK

I worked at Diversified Systems Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy workflow. Pick your own hours. Nice view if you have a window seat.

Cons

Management believes in Promoting friends of the family with no experience over others with full backgrounds in the required position. No benefits outside of healthcare that employee has to pay more into yearly than most other companies in the area. Supervision would rather tell you that your wrong and punish you, than assist with guiding you to the correct path.

No defined company parking spots, must park in either a church parking lot or a community center parking lot.

Overlooking bad employees and allowing complete freedom to those that are friends of the family.

If you get a job here, make sure you are best friends with someone in management for a free ride.

Advice to Management

Hire management people with real major business management skills. A former lawyer is not enough to manage 350+ employees.