Diversified Transportation Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 27, 2017

4.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great company to work for!"

I have been working at Diversified Transportation Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company to work for starting with upper management to the ownership trickling down to its supporting staff. Their success of over 25 years is indicative of how the business is run, how it's grown over the years, and the forecast for its longevity.

Cons

No more about the Carmack Amendment during the monthly Sales meeting.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. "Operates with Honesty and Integrity"

Current Contractor - Independent Sales Contractor in Torrance, CA
    Current Contractor - Independent Sales Contractor in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Diversified Transportation Services as a contractor (More than 10 years)

Pros

In sales you make your own hours and allowed the ability to direct business where it needs to go. I have worked with a number of both carriers and brokers over the years and DTS has been the only company that actually pays me without having to repeatedly request payment.
    DTS also allows me to act as a agent to benefit the customer and they take the attitude that if you do what is fair and just your customer will appreciate that and stand by you.
    The overall staff are really nice people and I appreciate their manners and professionalism.

Cons

The software they utilize is for the most part very user friendly but has limits in it's capabilities that require Operations staff to become more involved than they should have to be for some of what should be less labor intensive operations.
    While low employee attrition is not normally a negative, it does limit the ability to move up in the company as an employee. The opportunities as a sales consultant are limited only by your own work ethic and tenacity to excel.

Advice to Management

Allow the staff to get out and visit customers with sales reps so they have a better understanding of what we do and have sales reps sit with office staff to give sales reps a better understanding of the pressures they encounter.

3. "DTS Innovative Third Party Logistics Company"

I have been working at Diversified Transportation Services (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall solid company to work for, big enough to make an impact but small enough to care. Great industry/job training to provide employees the best opportunity to succeed. Office atmosphere is friendly and business casual. Many employees have been with the company for many years. DTS has its own transportation management software that is cutting edge for the industry.

Cons

Sometimes the communication between management and staff can be delayed.

Advice to Management

Continue to push technology to increase customer loyalty and to stay relevant in a world where technology is always getting better.

4. "Company overhaul needed"

Pros

Good people work for them

Cons

All women leaders that lead with their emotions. No room for advancement or pay raises.

Advice to Management

Management needs an overhaul.

5. "Operations"

Former Employee - Operations in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Operations in Torrance, CA

Pros

good privately owned company and great people to work with

Cons

a e i o u

Advice to Management

none

"Brief Review of my 10 years as an employee"

Former Employee - Dispatcher in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Dispatcher in Torrance, CA

I worked at Diversified Transportation Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small company. Friendly atmosphere. Good benefits. Autonomy. Bonus program for hitting monthly revenue threshold.

Cons

Frozen salary 7 years. No upward mobility. Not busy enough for me

Advice to Management

The company will need to evolve if it to remain ahead of the fierce competition. Or else it may get absorbed by a larger 3PL and become obsolete.

7. "Dump truck driver"

Former Employee - Driver in Cortland, OH
    Former Employee - Driver in Cortland, OH

I worked at Diversified Transportation Services (Less than a year)

Pros

I really enjoyed driving a dump truck and picking up loads and delivering them to different sites

Cons

Their equipment wasn't up to DOT Regulations, and owner took his time fixing the problems.

8. "Excellent opportunity for sales professionals"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Diversified Transportation Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They give you the ability, tools, and freedom to make smart business decisions with regards to bringing on new business. Sales Consultants can do very well, if they are dedicated to taking care of the clients and perform their sales function-----which of course is bringing on new clients. Dispatch coverage from multiple offices allows the sales consultant to work from anywhere. You get to work from your home office, or where ever you want. You do not need to drive to an office.

Cons

If your in sales you must be truly dedicated. This is not the place for people to just sit and wait for the business to come. Lots of hard work will pay off.

9. "Managed daily operation including but not limited to hiring and training employees."

Former Employee - Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Diversified Transportation Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Helping others to get to and from non emergency medical appointments.

Cons

Wasn't ran correctly by owner.

Advice to Management

When you hire someone to do a job that they have been doing for over 20 years and owner has no experience. The owner should allow that person to take the lead.

Diversified Transportation Services Response

Dec 31, 2015 – HR Administrator

It appears that your review was intended for a different company with a similar name. We are involved in the freight industry. We do not transport people.