Divisions Maintenance Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Gary Mitchell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Strong Corporate Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, KY

I worked at Divisions Maintenance Group full-time

Pros

Divisions has a great corporate culture and takes care of their employees. They're very engaging and are always requesting feedback from employees

Cons

Feedback is not always taken into account. There is high turnover on their sales floor, so it isn't very stable. Being a small company there is not much room for growth if you're not a sales rep. Even sales rep growth is 100% based on sales volume

"Burnout is inevitable."

Former Employee - National Account Executive in Newport, KY

I worked at Divisions Maintenance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company does a great job with generating a fun and enthusiastic corporate culture. The marketing team is awesome. That's the only positive aspect.

Cons

Poor management. Some of the managers are crude, make harassing comments, or even racial/sexual slurs. One manager made a tasteless racial joke about African Americans right in front of a black employee that I am friends with! However, they have been there long enough and are friends with the right people to ever face realistic consequences. I once reported sexual harassment to HR, was told they'd pass it on to the correct person, and it was never addressed. They never even processed paperwork or acted like it was a serious report. The name calling continued daily until the employee I reported about switched to a new team to avoid daily harassment from their manager. As a female, be prepared to be asked out by numerous recent college grad frat guys, or eyed in a very sexual way daily. It's pretty much a free for all when it comes to dating or sleeping with people within the company. There is constant drama daily about boyfriends/girlfriends, and weekend escapades. Be prepared for male managers to make comments if you wear a dress or heels. I was told "there was always a spot for me on his team" by a male manager when I wore a dress to work. You joke along with it to prevent being 'that person', but cringe inside. You are promised the potential for growth and higher salary. But be prepared to work 50+ hours, a week, be on call 24/7, never spend holidays with your family, and deal with very high turn over rate of new hires. You inevitably drink the Koolaid at first because of the 'hip' culture, but burnout is inevitable when you invest so much, and then receive so little back. They are trying to hire 100+ new employees a year and have turned to college campuses. They are hiring a mass of new graduates with no professional experience and it negatively affects the atmosphere in the office. All sense of professionalism is gone. There is no longer a sense of loyalty and commitment and long term career growth. Long term employees are either comfortable and lazy, or new hires are unprofessional and burn out very quickly. The very few employees that have held on through years of change and transitions are burnt out and under appreciated. They only stay because of limited education to go elsewhere, or they have families and mortgages to pay. The executive team has their heads somewhere other than reality if they cannot see what's going on in the day-to-day operations. Half of the time 'team leads' cannot be found in the office and are rarely available when needed. The click of bro's at the operations and team management level are a joke. Everyone talks daily about how much they hate their job as an account exec or coordinator, how they are unfairly compensated, and how they cannot wait to find a new job. A company should really start to pay attention when people are leaving at this rate, only new college grads will bite at your job postings, and seasoned employees are unhappy and leaving. There is essentially no work life balance, the CEO does not believe in remote working, unless it's you putting in time after hours once you've committed 50+ hours in the office.

3. "Growing!"

I have been working at Divisions Maintenance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for with a really untapped market for the sales. You are going to get what you put into it.

Cons

running out of space for parking

Advice to Management

keep being open!

"Beware of the scripted reviews. Stay away from this company."

I worked at Divisions Maintenance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great business model with tremendous growth potential. Progressive in their thinking and forecasting as it relates to the industry. Plenty of parking.

Cons

Poor leadership, no employee development plans, and very little coaching and training. Limited customer base. Operational auditing outweighs selling, so bonus potential is limited.

Advice to Management

See aforementioned reviews. Plenty of feedback here that you regularly request, but rarely act upon. Treating your employees and vendors well will translate into good customer service.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, KY

I have been working at Divisions Maintenance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture! The growth is offering a lot of opportunity for entry level sales executives. I feel like I am making my own career path at this company.

Cons

Not enough parking and so many new hires that it is feels like I don't know the people around me.

"Opportunities for go-getters"

Pros

great company if willing to work hard and learn. Many promoted from within. Strong culture of success. Atmosphere is fun.

Cons

new trainees will have a short window to really prove themselves; not necessarily a con.

"National Account Executive Trainee"

Former Employee - National Account Executive in Newport, KY

Pros

Great work environment. very youthful and fun place to work

Cons

Dishonest hiring practices and unreasonable workload. Pray that you are not put on the REIT team as they are severely understaffed and the team leader is clearly making huge bonuses off of working account executive trainees to death for less than minimum wage.

Advice to Management

Tell your recruiters to stop lying to applicants and hire more people to scale to the workload. Recent college graduates were essentially being exploited (at least on the REIT team) to a point where they were working for less than minimum wage based on the salary. The recruiters will tell you you will work 45 hours a week on a 35k salary with 15 days PTO. shortly after you accept the position they will tell you you do not actually get PTO, but that you can leave "whenever your work is done"-(work there is never done). After two weeks i started to see red flags. upon clarifying the actual expectations with management i was informed that it would not be uncommon to work 60+ hours in the office and even work from home on top of that. on my last week they even passed out sales training books that we to be read by the following week. They are not hiring account managers they are using college graduates as glorified customer service representatives with promises of huge commissions a year down the road.

"Senior Manager"

I have been working at Divisions Maintenance Group part-time

Pros

Great business model that drive success. The original owners had great wisdom and character that was beyond their collective years.

Cons

The current CEO has made decisions based on greed and rooted in low self esteem and anxiety. He has ruthlessly turned over the Executive Team more than once in 4 years and with the help of his self described CSO, shrewdly bought out the other 4 partners. Since these developments, the CEO has ZERO checks and balances in place and will continue to make decisions that may have very negative and long term effects. Overall, this organization is now being led by a person whose skill set that can no longer manage the complexities of the company let alone the demands and sophistication of the industry.

Advice to Management

Step aside and hire an executive that has the demeanor, intellect and positive energy to lead people, maintain client relationships and provide the required return to stakeholders.

"I love this company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, KY

I have been working at Divisions Maintenance Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love that even though Divisions has grown we still feel like family. I enjoy the people I work with and am respected by my peers. The quarterly themes are fun and keep us all working on a common goal! There have been a lot of new faces but our core values have remained the same. It's exciting to work for a company that grows and changes so frequently. So far the changes have been for the better!

Cons

It's hard to think of cons. I do wish I got to see our field team more often with them being spread across the U.S. it's often hard to connect with them.

Advice to Management

Thanks for making my ideas and feedback important. It is nice to know that I can bring any issues or questions to your attention and get a response. I love working for a company that has an executive team with an open door policy. It's rare to work somewhere that the CEO frequently joins his employees for lunch and it means something.

"A company full of energy and opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newport, KY

I have been working at Divisions Maintenance Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Autonomy, high caliber coworkers, integrity, ability to blaze your own trail. Divisions does not fear change and is always trying to improve.

Cons

Divisions does not fear change. So if you are a person who is uncomfortable with that, it's not the place for you.