Doble Engineering Company Reviews | Glassdoor

Bryan Sayler

"CS Technical Support"

Current Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Tech Support Engineer in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Doble Engineering Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at Doble for 7 months now and it's a great company to work for. There is much information sharing between departments and we all work together as a team to ensure our customers have the best possible experience with our products. The pay is very good as well as the benefits.

Cons

Some business production tools are antiquated, but Doble is in the process of updating those, so there is not much to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the direction we are heading.

2. "Unfavorable Experience"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Watertown, MA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Watertown, MA

I worked at Doble Engineering Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and everyone is very friendly and motivated

Cons

I started working in the oil lab at the same time that someone more experienced than me did with the same position and they were very standoffish. Things began to get worse when they were given more opportunities to learn and be trained, while I had to tend to the shipping department to make boxes constantly. I worked extremely hard to prove myself even at the simplest tasks and it became discouraging to me how unappreciated and overlooked I was.

I had no desk or phone the duration of me being there even though I was promised it. I would stay in the admin office and the manager would come in sometimes, completely ignore my existence, and make the people in the office give me work to do. I enjoyed all the kind people who worked with me as a team but began to resent my job situation after a while since there was no learning or growth in my position.

Advice to Management

Don't hire people then pretend that they don't exist and make them feel small and inconvenient. It's very unprofessional.

3. "Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Doble Engineering Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This company has been incredible to work for, I am proud to be part of such a talented group of individuals! Definitely a leader in it's industry. Pay and benefits are very competitive. The benefits are constantly being reviewed and modified to meet employee needs. In addition The fairly new President, understands the company and has made improvements, specifically with communication and integration of internal systems. He has a great approach with the business and the people that are the "energy" of the company. He gets it!

Cons

Honestly, the areas that required a improvement have already been addressed and methods and strategies are in place. For example, cross functional communication and new ERP. This is a motivated group that thrives to keep moving forward!

Advice to Management

Thank you for listening.

4. "Nice profit sharing after 10 years, 401K"

Former Employee - Software QA Engineering Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Software QA Engineering Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Doble Engineering Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

moderately good work / life balance, profit sharing after about 10 years of service can account for plus 10% to annual salary.

Cons

the salary non-exempt category tends to catch it the neck, they rarely met the obligation to compensate for un-paid hours worked.

Advice to Management

newer, (cheaper) employees without the proper background may save money, but they won't get the job done

"Lab Technician"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Watertown, MA
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Watertown, MA

I worked at Doble Engineering Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The food is great with a variety of food to chose from everyday and great people to work with. Overtime is encouraged.

Cons

Very old way of running a company. No room for growth. There is no structure in the Lab. Management lies about what your assignment will be. The administration roles are slaved with very low pay. Would not recommend working in the lab whatsoever.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your employees.

"Great place to work and is a well respected company"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Doble Engineering Company full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very interesting job with co-workers who are willing to assist when needed. Doble has earned the respect of their clients who depend on the technical expertise of Doble personnel.

Cons

Training and communications could be better. People leave and notice is not provided to coworkers.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the "old Doble" people as they are the ones who help make this a great and well respected company. Review travel policy personnel who spend a lot of time away from home. The new president has not been in the position long enough to evaluate.

"Engineering"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, MA

I worked at Doble Engineering Company full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Doble has been a good employer, until recent economic and personnel changes have diminished that.

Cons

Recent reorganization and the recent economic climate have resulted in small downsizing and noticeable "belt tightening". More emphasis has recently been placed on overseas resources, justified by it being an "international" company.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well, for in them is your future.

Doble Engineering Company Response

Dec 12, 2016 – President

Thank you for your feedback. Doble is continuously working on adapting to the changes in the global marketplace. We are sensitive to the effect of these changes in our workforce and make every ... More

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Watertown, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Watertown, MA

I have been working at Doble Engineering Company full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and amazing colleagues. Relaxed and dynamic atmosphere, lots of opportunity to grow and advance your skill, fun and exciting projects.

Cons

Health insurance benefit is below average compare to other company in this State, probably its because parent company is in St Louis.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and if possible do something about health insurance.

Doble Engineering Company Response

Dec 8, 2016 – President

Thank-you for the positive feedback. You’re right, Doble is a great place to work with exciting projects which make a difference that benefits everyone. Doble and our parent company ESCO ... More

9. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Doble Engineering Company (More than 5 years)

Pros

Surrounded by really smart people and the company has a strong, respected name in the industry.

Cons

Typical working for a company kind problems.

"Former Full-Time employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Winchester, MA

I worked at Doble Engineering Company full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice company and good benefits

Cons

Nice co-workers but the company on the whole is very close minded.

Advice to Management

Be nice to one another,especially those who have worked for many years.