Docler Holding Reviews

Updated Jun 22, 2020

Docler Holding CEO Károly Papp
Károly Papp
Pros
  • "good salary and nice benefits (health insurance, free breakfasts, gym passes etc)(in 16 reviews)

• "The company supported me a lot with the documentation to move from Brazil to Luxembourg(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you are not Hungarian - you are trash(in 16 reviews)

• "renting an apartment in Luxembourg is really expensive, especially if you what to live in the city(in 9 reviews)

"High expectations and big opportunities"

I have been working at Docler Holding full-time

Pros

Place where you can work on the biggest streaming site in the World with a team of highly skilled experts in this field. Expectations are high but the effort and good work is highly appriciated too.

Cons

For some people might be tough to adopt to the constant changes and high expectation. You are never bored but you can even lay back and pretend you are working. Not enough parking space.

2. "Job"

I worked at Docler Holding full-time

Pros

Good work good creativity good salary

Cons

Bad manage Bad work hours

Docler Holding Response

April 30, 2018HR Manager

Dear Reviewer, Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to read that you liked many aspects of your time with us. It’s all the more important as creativity is one of our core value. As for working hours, all our people can kick off their weekend on Friday at 3.30. Kind Regards Rita Rácz HR Manager

"A money laundering scheme"

I have been working at Docler Holding

Pros

+ Decent benefits package + Lunch every other week + Company happy hours + Sparkling clean office (maybe even suspiciously so)

Cons

- No vision on products. No one really knows the selling point of any of the products, but the company is backed by an outdated adult web site so it won't go out of business until it gets audited. - Nonexistent CEO. He'll come in every now and then to get a car wash. - Atrocious "leaders". You will be told to do a job with no guidance or mentorship. There is no thought process to any project nor any open dialogue. All decisions are made as take it or leave it. You even have to figure out what tools you need in order to do whatever task you have. If you ask the leaders for their opinion, you will literally be given a shrug or simply “just figure it out”. Then later they will laugh at you behind your back or even in front of you in their native language if you’re lucky. It’s sort of like you’re being hazed in some Hungarian frat. If you challenge their correctness in any way, you will be verbally abused no matter if you are right or wrong. - No room to grow. Every employee who is not Hungarian will be considered a Junior level employee. It doesn’t matter how many years of experience you have, you’ll be looked down upon and it’ll be impossible to advance in their backwards hierarchical structure. - Performance reviews are a joke. You’ll be called in for a review saying how great you are without actually going over what you have accomplished. They’ll also give you some tips to improve that are impossible to achieve. - No accountability. Certain employees are given a pass for their horrendous skills simply because management likes them. - No compassion for employees. You’ll most likely be given an entire project to complete by the end of the day before a holiday weekend! There’s also non-flexible working hours, which if you’re still reading this you shouldn’t be surprised about. - Employees continually have paychecks reversed. Finance keeps saying payroll service is at fault, but how can this be a recurring thing? (Owner may be money laundering). - Departments get laid off frequently. One week the office is full of new faces, then the next week it's a graveyard of empty desks. If you see the death squad from Hungary in the building, it’s not a good sign. - You will feel the strange dread and tension in the office.

Continue reading

"Learn to speak Hungarian"

I worked at Docler Holding full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits that this place offers is by far some of the best. Beautiful office space and many colleagues are wonderful people. Lunch every other Wednesday.

Cons

Unless you speak Hungarian or slept with someone who does, you will fear for job security every single day. But if you do speak Hungarian, you are completely set for life. For example, an employee known for causing sexual harassment cases was moved to the US office after his first case, then moved to another European office after causing a huge scandal in the US, then was moved back to the US after setting up a failed studio. Various Hungarians also caused a fight at a holiday party and then made false accusations of other employees to avoid discipline. None of the instigators were reprimanded. Upper management refuses to communicate effectively with anyone, and oftentimes conducts layoffs with no rhyme or reason. The owner has even said that he prefers not to speak to employees as he enjoys growing fear within the company. His assets have been frozen a number of times in the past year and the US side cannot keep a bank account open (they inexplicably are closed without warning, causing chaos during payroll). An executive assistant with no sound business acumen makes all the calls, and treats everyone with utter disrespect.

"Working life at the DH"

Front End Developer in Luxemburg, WI

I have been working at Docler Holding for less than a year

Pros

Here works very friendly people. And I'm really enjoy of work process

Cons

We have 1 weeks of mandatory vacation In Luxembourg because of the national holiday

"Producer"

I have been working at Docler Holding

Pros

Amazing people, lots of creative freedom, and lots of support

Cons

There are few down sides. I have zero complaints at all.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Engineer in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at Docler Holding full-time for less than a year

Pros

Currently employed at the Beverly Hills office. A seriously great company to work for! Great pay, great benefits, great culture. I work very closely with the senior management and they're really great guys. Very smart and very open to ideas. Everyone is super cool and I felt very welcome from day one.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any.

"Great Company!"

Customer Service Representative in Beverly Hills, CA

I worked at Docler Holding

Pros

Great Atmosphere, awesome employees! I was friends with all of them!

Cons

There are absolutely no cons at all.

"Slave Ship"

I have been working at Docler Holding

Pros

LC never showed up. Never had to deal with his dictatorship. All Lower end people great to work with. enjoyable chat support team I had.

Cons

Arrogant selfish Leader. Tries hooking up with me nd other employees. Please don't waist your time unless desperate you are desperate for a job. Stay away from ALL CONTRACTS. CEO makes demands through other employees.

Docler Holding Response

October 12, 2015Hr Business Partner

Thank you for taking the time to voice some of the issues you have as an employee, and we are sorry to hear of them this way. After thoughtful consideration of employee concerns and company values, we’ve put a new management in place back in March 2015. With these positive changes, we continue to grow and pride ourselves in being progressive, open, and a place where people can succeed.

10. "Fun ambiance but lack of strategic management"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Luxembourg

I worked at Docler Holding full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free products, goodies, everyday breakfast, great team, activities/ events.

Cons

Lack of strategic management, overworking hours

Found 134 reviews