DocuSign Employee Reviews about "401k match"

Updated Dec 23, 2020

4.6
Pros
Cons
  • "Growing pains like any company that is literally doubling in size annually with no scope of slowing down(in 90 reviews)

• "Though it’s an easier sell, has better benefits than the majority and has stock plan/401k match that will help you retire(in 52 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DocuSign and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "401k match"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company 👌"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits. Work Life balance. Senior Leadership

Cons

Low 401k match. No path to promotion

January 6, 2021Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

2. COVID-19

"6 months review"

Current Employee - People Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture and people support across the board. I feel safe making mistakes here as I am learning so much about my role and our company. There is a conscious awareness and desire to take care of employees as people first. Benefits are very competitive, good PTO, good healthcare options, and several other great benefits easily forgotten like health and well being, commuting, and donation matching. I also really appreciate the commitment to community and providing us opportunities to learn and volunteer.

Cons

Work load with covid and remote is higher than it was in office, work life balance is more of a struggle, If I had a wish list I would love to see 401K match growth in future and separate phone for business use instead of stipend on my personal phone so I could better separate my work and home life.

July 6, 2020Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts especially as regards feeling safe making mistakes here. That is actually a huge point. The COVID-19 crisis has been challenging -- on one hand, we've seen leadership really taking care of employees with the DocuSign cares package etc. and we are blessed to have a strong business during this time. On the other hand, the workload has increased. Taking PTO is really important I find even if it's a COVID-19 staycation.

"Grow, compete and collaborate!"

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at DocuSign full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) The people: Throughout the organization it is clear that DocuSign excels at hiring quality people. From Exec’s to my fellow SDR’s everyone treats each other with respect and empathy. 2) The SDR role: As a young sales person learning the cycle effectively can be tedious and energy draining. At DocuSign, they don’t fire you if you’re underperforming or in a rut. They encourage you to make little improvements! Lead distribution, the Sandler method and potentially collaborating (see cons) with AE’s & fellow XDR’s are all huge benefits of being an SDR at DocuSign! 3) Benefits: Coming straight out of college a big fear of many young people today are the hidden cost of being an adult. Insurance, DocuSign has you covered! Commuting to work, DocuSign mitigates the cost! Wanting to make a healthy habit, DocuSign will pay for your gym membership! Overall, get on LinkedIn and ask SDR’s currently at DocuSign there thoughts on these Pros. They’ll all agree!

Cons

27 month minimum to be an AE Moving to an AM or making a lateral move in the company is very competitive DocuSign under pays in the sales role compared to other Tech companies. Though it’s an easier sell, has better benefits than the majority and has stock plan/401k match that will help you retire. So take this point with a grain of salt!

January 10, 2020Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing such detailed thoughts. Great to hear you are enjoying your work as an SDR.

4. "Fantastic Place To Work - Culture is everything here"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for more than a year

Pros

Customer Focus is key. People are collaborative, supportive, very little politics. Product is outstanding and results in very few customer sat issues. Strong compensation package.

Cons

Very few, benefits are getting better. 401k matching happened in last 12 months, medical benefits could improve some, especially for non-HQ employees

December 18, 2019Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

5. "Couldn't be happier"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture. Pay. Leadership (top to bottom). The product(s). Our Customers. My peers. Growth opportunities. I honestly can't say enough about how amazing this company is to work for. Nothing is perfect, but if you're lucky enough to land here, you've found a home.

Cons

Not much downside... with growth comes change, sometimes adjusting to that change can be daunting, but dust settles and things aren't done here just to do something, there is a method. 100% 401K match would be nice!

July 19, 2019Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Great comment re: there is a method. True. Even better that leadership throughout the company meets your muster. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

6. "Proud to work here"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-Competitive salary -Benefits are great -Pregnancy leave is extremely generous (6 months for primary caregiver, 8 weeks for secondary) -The company is a rocket ship with a very bright future and lot of opportunities to still take advantage of -It never gets old telling people where I work and hearing "I love DocuSign!" -The people are great -Dan Springer (CEO) really knows what he's doing and inspires confidence throughout the organization.

Cons

- No 401k match yet - Engineering change request process can be painful

August 30, 2018Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks and oh my re change request. Please bubble that up to Tom Casey and KOW as we are looking at ways to improve processes always. Trust you saw the 401(k) matching announcement.

7. "Blown Away!"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing work environment, great benefits, company is growing like crazy, top notch talent... I really enjoy coming into work every day!

Cons

Not much, but if I have to be picky, there is no 401k match yet...

August 30, 2018Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Trust you saw announcement re 401(k) matching.

8. "By far the best place I've worked!"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company culture, co-workers, Executive Leadership, Opportunities for advancement

Cons

No 401k match... yet. There are a handful of sub-par leaders who seemed to have been promoted for being in the right place at the right time. The good news is the company is investing heavily in management training.

August 13, 2018Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks. 401K match on the way per Dan. As for sub-par leaders, not sure what to say except yes it will be good when we define what a good manager is and train and measure against that.

9. "Customer Support Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for less than a year

Pros

Almost at my year finally. I finally feel like I can contribute here. I can say with certainty that the feeling I came away with after coming here to Glassdoor and reading everything I could before I interviewed, is spectacularly accurate. The sense that this is an amazing company, that people still enjoyed coming to work here, that feeling that you are supported in your role, that there is growth, and opportunity. Great benefits to boot. This is all consistent with my understanding today. This is the first time, as someone in their mid-30's, that I can say I've felt support, felt heard, and felt like I'm able to grow and stay with a company happily. Of all my jobs this has not been my easiest, but definitely my most rewarding. This is the first company I've felt genuinely happy to be with. I will be staying as long as I can. Looking forward to the future here. Thank you for making this an enjoyable and rewarding place to begin my career, as I see it now. Dan I know you read each of these, you, as our CEO, I feel have made a large impact on DocuSign. Thank you for showing passion, caring, concern, and so much more. You inspired this one little runt in the workforce. Please keep it up!

Cons

As seen in other reviews that stated we were moving towards IPO. Those statements were well written and accurate. You did and do feel the belt tightening, but as was stated, that is expected at this stage. It's hard to feel any negativity about that and I hesitate to even mention it here. It's been stated that the 401k matching will be brought in post-IPO, as long as that is made into reality as was promised, and we have no reason to believe that won't happen, it's really just being patient until the when comes to pass. The only legitimate complaint I could speak to is: The training I received at this job was the worst I've ever received. That being said, the colleagues I immediately found myself surround by thereafter, made it so that did not matter so much. They, as well as my manager, were a large part of the reasons I succeeded. The people at this company are, by and large, heads above the average employee at my previous companies. This failure also presented an opportunity and I have worked endlessly to provide quality & actionable feedback to our training team. My managers have assisted in getting that feedback heard within our Training department as well. I believe we can continue to make strides towards improvements there as we move towards scalability, etc.

June 18, 2018Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you very much for sharing so many details -- both about the good and less good aspects of DocuSign in your experience.Love that you dig the people, appreciate the benefits and feel you are making an impact. And yes, Dan, is pretty awesome. Now let's talk about training. I've forwarded your review to Anna Schocket, Lambert Walsh, Ella Dillon, John Hsieh and Joan Burke. They assure me they are making strides and have committed to improving enablement. So consider yourself heard. And if you have any ideas --- bubble them up to John Hsieh. Thanks again.

10. "Strongly Recommend - Great decision to join DocuSign"

Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company culture that far surpasses just "bagel fridays". Down to earth and hardworking community from the top down (starting with our awesome CEO Dan Springer). A ton of fun Huge opportunity and clear pathways to promotion and career development. Well trained and supportive management. Pretty good benefits - transportation/cell phone help, plus can't beat 4 weeks of PTO. Genuinely responsive to feedback - you can bring up an idea and within weeks or months it has been acknowledged and a solution is being worked toward.

Cons

No 401K match but it is confirmed to be in place by 2019. Not as much product knowledge for MDRs/SDRs but just implemented an admin training that has helped alot. Not as much collaboration between departments, but I feel like thats common for collaboration.

June 1, 2018Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Great to hear we pass the "Bagel Fridays" bar. I love the 4 weeks PTO as well. Interesting comment about product knowledge for XDRs. Can you please share your thoughts with Tanya Casey? And Eve Alexander or Steve Krause? That would be something that is solvable.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 52 English Reviews