DocuSign Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 16, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.6

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The culture is terrific at creating work life balance while keeping a positive competitive environment" (in 87 reviews)

• "Company is growing so lots of opportunity" (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not much, but if I have to be picky, there is no 401k match yet" (in 36 reviews)

• "Still some growing pains evident as growing so fast" (in 34 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Enterprise Corporate Sales - Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive - Enterprise Corporate Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

THE PEOPLE - Since the company went public 5 months ago, people are legitimately lit up. It's kind of like something in the air has everybody a bit more chipper than usual. Weird.

THE LEADERSHIP TEAM - Dan and his team are doing a killer job. How do we know that? They give themselves "grades" every quarter at our All-Hands meetings. They follow up on the things they said that they would do and didn't do and keep everybody up-to-date on progress. Obviously, the company has been performing at a high level and when that happens, sometimes a leadership team loses sight of the "small stuff". Not this team. They care. They have increased benefits, they've been proactive about relevant topics i.e. equal pay, diversity, leadership pathways etc. If Dan's approval rating tells you anything, the company as a whole has a lot of confidence in what Dan and his C-Suite team are doing on a day-to-day basis as they lead our company post-IPO.

COMPENSATION - From my understanding DocuSign comp is competitive across the board. For salespeople you have an OTE number and the Sales Ops team is generally pretty fair with territories/quotas, etc. Name of the game is: work hard, hit your number and help everybody else hit theirs and we all get paid.

INNOVATION - Our CTO, Ron Hirson and CMO/CSO Scott Olrich have been hyper-focused on building out the DocuSign suite and building out DocuSign's "System of Agreement". From a sales perspective this is great. We have a product with a team that is constantly making improvements, making strategic acquisitions, building new technologies which all leads to a final product that's easier to sell to our prospects and customers.

GROWTH - We're on a good path with no signs of slowing down and a lot of untapped market potential. This is great news. Because the company is growing fast, there's a lot of opportunity to grow your career and step up into new roles.

BENEFITS - DocuSign has a pretty extensive benefits package. And anything that is missing, the Benefits team is usually already thinking about or is in the process of rolling out. Some that may be interesting:

- Generous stock purchase plan.
    - employee is offered RSU's when they're hired
    - Bike lockers
    - Full Health/Vision/Dental insurance
    - 401k (match coming soon)
    - Paternity/Maternity leave
    - Commuter stipend
    - DocuSign IMPACT: Donation match for any contributions made to organizations of your choice
    - 3 business days VTO
    - 20 business days PTO
    - Several company holidays
    - Referral bonus
    - Outside Education stipend
    - All kinds of snacks/beverages in the kitchens

Cons

Benefits missing:
    - Gym membership reimbursement/stipend
    - Commuter stipend could be higher

Advice to Management

As our company grows, keep paying attention to our hiring processes and developing our managers and leaders. Let's ensure that we keep hiring top talent and that we're investing in our talent internally. It's always a bummer when we lose a good colleague when we could have just paid a bit more attention.

Aug 31, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Wow. THANK YOU for sharing such detailed thoughts. Reviews like this are very helpful to potential job candidates. Trust you saw the 401(k) matching announcement.

2. "Love it Here"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing Benefits
    - Great Team Environment
    - 20 Days PTO
    - Free snacks/food
    - Growth Potential/Promotion Opportunities

Cons

Wish there was a better commuter benefit and that there was a gym/fitness benefit

3. "Product Manager"

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get to work with lots of smart people who care about what we're doing
    Company has grown fast and is clear market leader, but just scratching surface of huge opportunity
    Good emphasis on work/life balance
    Good pay/benefits. Benefits have been improving fast
    Emphasis on building diverse workplace

Cons

Some internal processes can be a little slow

Advice to Management

Keep working to make DocuSign faster and more efficient

Oct 12, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please serve up which processes you think can be improved with your manager and/or Kirsten Wolberg.

4. "Proud to Work for DocuSign!"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined the team early this year and had high expectations based on Glassdoor reviews and other research I did on the company. I'm surprised to report that my expectations have been exceeded. DocuSign truly cares about its employees and provides an environment that encourages intellectual creativity, teamwork and innovation.

Cons

I'm sure I could find a few cons if I was forced to, but why do that? Nobody or company is perfect, and the pros far outweigh any con I could think of.

Advice to Management

Maintain your trust in employees and continue focusing on finding people who match the current company culture!

Oct 12, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Your expectations have been exceeded? Well, that is great to hear. You just made my Friday. Take care and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

5. "Fantastic company, with a great product and a strong plan for the future"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Product, great leadership, great people around you that are focused on the right thing - serving our customers in the best way we can.
    The market we're playing in is large and there's plenty of growth ahead. We're the market leader in the eSignature space which is mostly a good thing, and we're looking to grow into new areas and that is a wonderful challenge to try and crack.

Cons

This is a company that is still growing quickly, and we're not HP or Cisco, but we're certainly not a 200 employee startup. This means you can expect some bureaucracy, some silos, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Your transparency is fantastic and we believe in the vision. It will come down to execution and the ability to out-innovate our competition.

Oct 12, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your detailed thoughts. I agree that transparency is critical and one of the best things about our culture.

6. "Best place I've worked at!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time

Pros

I cannot say enough good things about DocuSign. From the on-boarding process to departmental training, it has been a positive and professional experience through-and-through. At DocuSign, not only do I feel valued as an employee-- I also feel like the company trusts its employees.

The company culture at DocuSign is positive and collaborative. Both peers and management are helpful and friendly. There is still a start-up feel to the company culture, and employees are encouraged to bring fresh ideas to the table in a safe and supportive environment. There is a great balance between a relaxed atmosphere and professional drive (and results!), which encourages work-life balance and true talent development.

The company is also focused on diversity and inclusiveness for LGBTQ, immigrants, women, and people of color, and they take efforts to make sure the employee population reflects that and feels comfortable to be themselves. As someone who fits several of those categories, it's been great to know that my company cares about what struggles I might face as a minority--and that they walk the walk.

Lastly, the benefits are spectacular. The company's benefits are truly indicative of company that is investing in its employees and truly cares about their well-being. I feel lucky to be part of the DocuSign family, and look forward to growing with this great company!

Cons

I honestly cannot think of a single thing!

Oct 12, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

It is wonderful to hear that you were pleased with the onboarding process, find the culture collaborative, like the benefits and feel a sense of belonging and appreciation of employees from all... More

7. "Best Employer I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Adoption Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Adoption Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic Team Culture, Great Benefits, Seattle Office is in the Heart of Seattle, Work-Life Balance

Cons

Large Work Volume, Processes/ Best Practices often are constructed and identified on the fly

Advice to Management

When suggestions/ changes show a high upside to improvement of current processes show more effort in implementing said idea.

Oct 12, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Glassdoor. Would love to hear more about which processes you think can be improved. If you are open, please share your ideas with Kirsten Wolberg.

8. "A good place to be"

Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leader in category
    Growing fast
    Positive culture
    Strong vision
    Very high customer satisfaction
    Experienced leadership

Cons

Fast growth = strained systems and processes for keeping up
    Can serve literally any business globally = challenging to focus

Advice to Management

Whatever you've been doing, keep doing it. 2018 has been a huge year for DocuSign, not just in the financial results but also in aligning the company around a bigger vision for what we all can be.

Oct 12, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

It is very good to read that you are inspired by our company vision and see everybody align behind it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

9. "Going on 8 years and still loving it!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Promotions
    -Work from home options
    -Competitive pay
    -Communicative management
    -Clear direction

Cons

Territory alignment can weigh very heavy on performance. West coast always crushes it. Midwest does ok. Texas does pretty well and East coast is struggling. Your year can sometimes be an outcome of your territory. Would like to see territory's have different quotas, instead of having the same across the board from east to west.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Oct 9, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

8 years and still happy. That's a great endorsement. Thank you for sharing your insights about the territories. Hoping you are sharing this up the chain as well.

10. "MDR"

Current Employee - MDR in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - MDR in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture here is by far the best of any company I've worked for. Everyone is so helpful and genuinely wants to see you succeed. Along with this, the work life balance makes coming into work everyday an absolutely pleasure.

Cons

Only been here for 1 month, and have not seen any noticeable cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work creating such an amazing culture.

Oct 9, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you and welcome aboard!