DocuSign Reviews

Updated May 14, 2022

Found 2,025 of over 2,243 reviews

4.3

What people are saying about DocuSign

Join the conversation on

Consulting

4m

a

Consultant

Anyone here familiar with company culture at docusign? Concerned about long-term growth given the stock dip.

5 Comments

Tech

203.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=DocuSign~307604
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and reasonably good remote work options.(in 256 reviews)
  • "great people that although they come from different disciplines and geographies share the same goals(in 221 reviews)
  • "Great culture and continuing to evolve way beyond what people know us for(in 219 reviews)
  • "Great work life balance and industry salaries.(in 114 reviews)
  • "Great leadership, and (mostly) positive advancements with D&I, like broadened recruiting pools.(in 93 reviews)
Cons
  • "Pay is low.(in 40 reviews)
  • "no 401k matching and health/wellness programming isn't a focus i.e.(in 18 reviews)
  • "There will be no diversity if you only ever hire people who all pledged the same PWI organizations(in 16 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DocuSign and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee
    Featured Review

Awesome place to work

May 3, 2022 - Partner Solutions Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is "Work life" balance

Cons

pains of any growing organization

DocuSign Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great team, company and work life balance

May 13, 2022 - Product Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great managers and respectful of work life balance.

Cons

Stock performance is not the best right now

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

The golden days are over

Feb 20, 2022 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

DocuSign is a great company. They treat their employees well, offer great benefits, stock options, mental health days, and are undoubtably the best product in the market.

Cons

Now is not the time to work in sales. Quotas are rising, territories are getting split in two year, seemingly year over year, and attainment is at an all-time low. DocuSign performed extremely well in the pandemic. However, continuing that growth at that rate was not realistic. Stock options are worth 40% of what they were due to management's inability to forecast our numbers. The commercial org is really strugglingly across the board. OTEs are already incredibly low for market standards - and no one is hitting quota. 1/26 reps in the commercial FinServ org hit quota in Q4 (across all segments). People are unhappy and are really starting to look elsewhere. I worked at DocuSign for two years. Year one, virtually no turnover. In the past 6 months, there has been a ton (and many more are on the way out.) There is no training program for sales. If this is your first sales job, it's sink or swim. Our CEO told the company all-hands everyone would be getting raises. In the next call, our CRO specified - "everyone but sales". This really set the sales team off. The MDRS got raises, but the AEs and sales managers did not. A relatively high performing MDR is out earning a commerical AE. Because of this, many MDRs don't even want to get promoted to AE - it's virtually a pay-cut if you're not an allstar AE.

47 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of people are leaving

Apr 17, 2022 - Software Engineer II
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved DocuSign as an intern and for some time when I was back full-time. During my first 9-month here, DocuSign was great at least in the beginning and I couldn't imagine a better place for me to be working. Had a blast during my internship and everyone was super friendly, I knew immediately that I wanted to come back. When I returned, I was given interesting projects, had a supportive mentor and manager. My mentor especially was the best part of my time here as I'm very close with him from my internship and learned a lot from him throughout my time here. DocuSign was also at the top of the game then when I joined during the pandemic.

Cons

However, before I hit my 1-year mark, things were turning sour. I lost my amazing manager and was starting to feel clueless on where the direction the team was going. I was close with my mentor and knew that at least with him I thought we could handle this hiccup as we wait for my manager replacement. That wait became 6-month about the same amount of time, I've been here full-time. I wasn't given interesting projects even when I asked for them, most likely because I didn't have a manager. I started preparing for interviews, then soon found out my mentor left and saw many other colleagues I knew since I was an intern leave as well. While my time currently at DocuSign isn't so great, I don't regret coming back.

3 people found this review helpful

DocuSign Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback and we are sorry to hear your poor experience, which is not our standard. We will encourage you to connect with the HR business partner to discuss your experience. We have shared your feedback with the HR and the Product & Engineering leadership team.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Growing pains to the max

Mar 29, 2022 - Market Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, benefits, 401k, flexible schedule. Lower KPIs than other SDR roles. Management and people are nice. Options for promotion don’t have to be sales either.

Cons

It is so luck based. Meaning, if you have a good account team- they will tag you on opps, value it at best case scenario, and help you in right direction. If you have team members who don’t care or are unfilled, good luck. Management is constantly changing books. And people are quitting so you get teams changed often or just don’t have account team at all. Not an equal playing field- install is waaaay easier than newco. Same with smb vs enterprise. They adjusted quotas bc popularity during pandemic but haven’t readjusted now that almost all businesses have e sig. Going to burn through people real fast if they can’t get it together.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Upward movement is unlike anywhere else

Mar 19, 2022 - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly I've never been at a company where you can move up so quickly. I see promotions constantly and love seeing them utilize the talent we have internally. I've been at Docusgin for 16 months and just accepted my promotion to Regional Vice President. About 25 MDRs get promoted PER QUARTER, thats insane. The culture is great, everyone is so helpful and its just not a sleazy aggressive sales culture. We want to win but it's not cut throat where winning is put ahead of employee satisfaction. I just love it. I've worked at a lot of tech companies, some really great ones too but this one by far is the most exciting in terms of career growth and just feeling good.

Cons

Coming off covid we do have some growing pains. We took off and trying to figure out quotas etc afterwards has been hard but we've adjusted if quotas were too high which is great to see. We're remote right now but I will say... when we go back to the office not serving lunch is pretty unheard of nowadays.... also we dont have Docusign backpacks lol seems small but those are my only complaints

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Horrid Culture Shift

Apr 6, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

- If you started a while ago, you might be above water with the stock RSUs - Benefits are decent, especially if you are considered a remote employee

Cons

There has been a massive take over in management from much more corporate companies (namely Cisco). This has lead to a major downturn in the culture most of the old timer DocuSigners were used to. The company is heavily moving in the direction of: Do whatever it takes to make our quarterly numbers look good. This means cutting costs here and increasing them there so that they look better even if the employees have a worse working experience. Most large scale projects the company undertakes have failed or are delayed consistently due to poor planning and understanding of the problems being worked on. This is only going to continue to get worse as all the people with domain knowledge flee for better places.

2 people found this review helpful

DocuSign Response

Thanks for sharing your experience, which is not our standard. We will encourage you to talk to your HR business partner and your manager about your feedback. We have shared your feedback with the HR and the Product & Engineering leadership.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company on the right trajectory. Lots of opportunities!

Apr 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Overall, the company is on the right track and is a leader in its current competitive field. The technology is upwards trending with large untapped market to digitalize and get smarter with the documentation and contract process. - Smooth interview and onboarding experiences - Great benefits from tip to toe - Flexible locations and the culture is supportive of the "anywhere economy" - Work / Life balance is fair - Supports socially impactful initiatives that makes employees proud

Cons

- It took a slight hit after the pandemic halo, so the employee expectation, as well as the business growth prediction and outlook are being calibered to be more precise. - There are departmental collaboration gaps, which, positively speaking, could be growth and career opportunities.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

One trick pony, slow to change

Mar 8, 2022 - Account Executive - SMB in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Higher level leadership is inspiring and professional Amazing professional development for MDRs/SDRs when I was there (Sandler Training) Great company to have on your resume

Cons

Lower Level leadership was the reason I left. There are rules in place where it is almost impossible to change teams. You have to be in seat for at least 1 year in order to be eligible for a team change, role change, department change. If you have a terrible manager that makes you miserable everyday, chances are you won't put up with that for a year+. My manager would mosey in to the office at 10am (after the rest of us got in at 7am) and when I asked him questions he would talk in circles and had no answers. And even when he admitted to not knowing the answer that I / the whole team was asking, he made zero effort to find the answer from other teams / departments... I was not learning and felt like I was not being heard. We all brought good ideas to the table and our manager never followed through on anything. at DocuSign, some people get promoted in to management and are near impossible to fire... so they just coast there in sub-par mediocrity.

3 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Amazing Job, Amazing Company

May 4, 2022 - Market Development Representative (MDR) in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Benefits beat nearly every other company with similar roles! - Role is clearly defined and obtaining the OTE is achievable for most - Culture and company as super supportive - Can go to any college with issues, ideas, etc. Everyone is willing the help out

Cons

- Remote work can be hard at times and most people will remain remote until Feb '23 - Promotion plan is somewhat slow

DocuSign Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,025 Reviews

DocuSign Reviews FAQs

DocuSign has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 2,243 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at DocuSign to a friend and 78% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, DocuSign employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at DocuSign. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

86% of DocuSign employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated DocuSign 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at DocuSign to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with DocuSign Job Seekers