DocuSign Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
DocuSign CEO Daniel Springer
Daniel Springer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Also work/life balance is good since we account for development/testing/incident-handling on a biweekly planning meeting (in 55 reviews)

• Great product and customer base (in 46 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Another year, another review!"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Let's see, it's been a bit over two years for me. A lot has changed in that time, and I'd easily say most of it for the better.

The company continues to grow, but the neck-breaking pace of my first 1-2 years has slowed. It feels more sustainable (we're definitely still growing) and that the focus is on maturity.

We have a new CEO that seems to know what he's doing, or at least what he wants to do. He's been very consistent, very open, and prioritizes communication and answers the hard questions.

The goals for the company are well outlined and the future is in sight. There are still more changes to be made for all the orgs within the company to align, but those changes are well on their way and so far they seem well thought out and appropriate.

There continues to be an abundance of opportunity to serve in our local communities through IMPACT events. And while the internal socializing (happy hour) has been cut back, when we do have them, they seem to be higher quality and worth while.

Personally, I've been given a lot of opportunity to grow and succeed here. I am proud of what we do as a company, and blessed to be apart of it with. I look forward to many more years of learning, being challenged, and ultimately, growing.

Cons

With our IPO around the corner, you feel the belt tightening. More scrutiny for travel and money expenditure in general, but I'd say it's both a good thing and to be expected.

Our benefits are slowly, but surely, expanding with the most recent being 6 months of leave for a new child, which is incredible. But, this is the con section, so I'll say that I hope our benefits in the area of 401k matching materialize after our IPO.

There's still some inter-org struggles in terms of communication and usage of resources, but the silver lining is that our leadership is aware and directly working on it now. I feel it will be addressed by the end of this year and we'll be able to move forward better united.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the hard conversations and the hard decisions as we move into the next phase of the company.

The consistent CEO/executive communication has been awesome, so please keep doing that as well.

Don't be afraid to share bad news - I would hope and expect us to rally together regardless and overcome.

Sep 27, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

You win hands down for most detailed, thoughtful review. THANK YOU. Drop the mic.

2. "Tremendous Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Rapid Adoption Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Rapid Adoption Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team first. The roles are constantly evolving for the better. Leadership is top notch.

Cons

Lack of explination behind new initiatives. It would be nice to get the buy-in from everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Feb 13, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for your review.

3. "Account Management."

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing growth, constantly challenged, very rewarding, great product and the team is like extended family!

Cons

You need to be adaptable to change; highly demanding and requires constant prioritization.

Feb 6, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for weighing in.

4. "The real thing"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great product and customer base
    Mostly stellar senior management
    solid leader position in space and gaining share
    docusign culture is solid; work hard, take care of customers, win

Cons

hiring fast and introducing many previous company cultures
    re-treads form old HW, Oracle don't fit in

Advice to Management

Stay the course, look for exit strategies discussed
    Make the necessary changes to reach next level while still focusing on customer

Feb 6, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

5. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great culture/people
    -Healthy competitive environment
    -Outstanding management

Cons

There are no cons to this environment. There is a reason it was ranked one of the best places to work in the world!

Advice to Management

None

Jan 30, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks

6. "Alot of potential"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Strong new executive team
    - Market leader with product innovation pipeline
    - Rapid growth
    - In the process of maturing as a business (establishing processes, breaking down silos, etc)
    - Pre-IPO

Cons

- History of no clear prioritization on a companywide scale, which can lead to different teams having different priorities
    - Silos in the company still exist, which makes moving forward cross-functional initiatives challenging at times
     - Cliques exist in parts of the company

Advice to Management

You have made incredible progress in the past year, keep it up! Establish and stick to clear companywide priorities. Do your best to break down functional silos and don't reward individuals that maintain the status quo and refuse to change.

Feb 13, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for your review.

"Avoid Working in Support Department"

Former Employee - TCSM in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - TCSM in Seattle, WA

I worked at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast paced environment. Good career opportunities if you are not in the support department. Some good people are there, carrying the load for everyone else that is just counting the days until the IPO so they can leave. You can learn a lot from others if you know how to spot the good ones.

Cons

Awful culture - no respect for work/life balance at all. People will be emailing you any time, including when you are on PTO, expecting a response.

Bureaucracy and office politics are key here. If you are into that stuff, you will thrive. For every mentor helping you on your path there are five colleagues with a knife, plotting your demise.

No one takes ownership of anything there. You can talk to ten different people before you get help if you need something from another department/team.

The support department are treated like children by their managers and leadership, leading them to act the part. Pizza and ice cream are given out like training treats for dogs, when really everyone just wants an opportunity to do more than crunch tickets and be a call center robot. Good boy!

For every competent colleague interaction you will have ten with checked-out employees.

They internally promote primarily based on tenure, leading to a lot of people in roles they should not have. This also leads to talent walking out the door if they have any kind of sense of urgency for their career prospects.

DTM will be a commodity within a few years. Not sure long term this company will survive after going public.

Their customers are enterprise dinosaurs and ignorant realtors.

Advice to Management

Treat your team like adults - they just might surprise you and act like adults.

Feb 7, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. Good luck at your next gig.

8. "Solid company, good people"

Pros

Solid people, improving culture, sound leadership now.

Cons

Tick tock.. waiting for IPO.

Advice to Management

None.

Jan 17, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for the review. Remember the IPO is just a financing event. Keep shipping.

"DocuSign is awesome."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At DocuSign, you won't be micromanaged. assigned busywork, or get tangled in a bunch of red tape when you want to get something done - we're too busy growing and accommodating that growth. Management trusts that the employees it hires hit the bar - and that bar is a very high one - so you deal with a high amount of responsibility and you are truly responsible for taking ownership of your results.

We have awesome benefits, plentiful PTO days, an amazing new mat/pat leave policy, work\life balance is good.

For the department/role I'm in, no complaints on compensation at all... Management has an eye for talent + work ethic and will make sure to recognize that by taking an active interest in developing your career.

We are located in the middle of downtown Seattle so no matter where you're coming from, public transportation is generally an option and not that bad. We also get a small transportation stipend (it won't cover all monthly commute costs, but hey, it's still money).

As an employee of DocuSign, I can really see how the company lives by the phrase "happy workers are productive workers." We have nice perks; snacks, company happy hours, private zen rooms, catered lunches, swag, etc...But the most valuable perk here is the culture. Dan Springer sets a very honest and down to earth tone within the company and you can tell he really cares about the quality of his employees' lives in and outside of work. People are friendly but if you're not super extroverted you won't feel obligated to be social. We have an entire day dedicated to volunteering and people really get into it. There is a place for every type of person at DocuSign.

I truly feel valued as an employee here and am proud of the tangible impact I've made within my department and the company during my employment at DocuSign. I've been able to develop my career and learn a lot, and learn it quickly, so I can learn more.

Cons

401k matching still hasn't been introduced, but I can imagine there might be changes down the road in terms of that policy.

You know what I said about growth in the pros section? Growing pains here are also real, but that is to be expected within a fast growing company (duh?). Sometimes processes are not defined and I've heard people complain of reorgs, but I honestly don't mind the minor frustrations that come with a fast growing company like DocuSign. I'd rather work at a company where you have to problem solve a lot to get a satisfying and tangible result, than work somewhere where everything is defined for you and you just feel like a "cog in the machine."

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Give more opportunities for employees to give more feedback on all scales (company wide and within their own departments). I think communication can always be improved on every level.

Jan 16, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you so much for sharing so many details. Pulse surveys are absolutely possible. Your group VP should be able to arrange via Nancy Treolo-Lewis. Lots of teams conduct those.

10. "Great company to work for !"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time

Pros

Very fast pace, constant learning of new things. Very smart people.

Cons

Long hours, benefits not yet on par with big tech companies.

Advice to Management

Keep building the right culture

Jan 16, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing