KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

DocuSign Reviews

Updated May 17, 2021

4.6
Pros
  • "Focus on employee work/life balance(in 150 reviews)

• "great product, excellent work life balance(in 79 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Growing pains like any company that is literally doubling in size annually with no scope of slowing down(in 90 reviews)

• "Though it’s an easier sell, has better benefits than the majority and has stock plan/401k match that will help you retire(in 52 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DocuSign and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Truly getting to do the work of my life

Apr 16, 2021 - Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

DocuSign is fast, innovative and making an impact and I feel that each and every day I get to build something new that will outlast me and add value not just to tech but to the future workforce. I have worked in many industries and functional areas and have never had such a positive overall career experience. I joined DocuSign a mere six months prior to Covid and for another organization, this could have spelled disaster, however, at DocuSign...the need to partner, to build, to run fast, well that only led to deeper connections (friendships) and my awe at how a tech company could be at once humane and on point for product delivery and customer success. I know I work here so it may feel cliche, but I am also a fan.

Cons

Growing pains can create bumps, but also opportunities if you are so inclined. YOU need to decide who YOU are and what YOU want. DocuSign is pretty clear on who we are endeavoring to be.

Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

What a great review and love the points about building something that will outlast you and is of value to the future workforce. Yes there are growing pains but for me it's better than the alternative and it leads to opportunities for sure. What tools do you think we should invest in? Please make sure you are serving up those ideas.

2. 5.0

A Company That Cares

May 17, 2021 - Senior Market Development Representative in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amzing work-life balance and team

Cons

The work can be very monotonous

3. 5.0

Work of Your Life at DocuSign

May 13, 2021 - Compliance Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- I have been given the opportunity to make many different relationships across the business and work cross-functionally. - My team has grown to support our org and it has also given me the opportunity to try new things. - My responsibilities grew exponentially from hire to now and my hard work and effort was recognized accordingly through our year end review process. - I feel very supported by my immediate manager and team. - Benefits package is tremendous (some items that could be reconsidered/added but overall, amazing). - I've appreciated the diversity and inclusion efforts and opportunity to attend events hosted by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). The ERGs put on amazing events, panels, and workshops that I believe are so beneficial.

Cons

As a Company, I do think we need to be more timely/aggressive in the hiring and recruiting process. My process of getting hired was relatively quick and painless but lately, in order to continue growing, we need more resources to assist with recruiting the large amount of jobs we've opened.

4. 5.0

Dream Company for Designers

May 14, 2021 - Product Designer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

DocuSign has a huge product team that constantly strives to providing a space that is safe, inclusive, and fun. Design is strongly valued and fought for at the big seat of the table and everyone is incredibly talented. My onboarding experience was extremely welcoming (even remotely) and there are so many opportunities for me to join collaborative groups to meet more people. Their benefits are also amazing - I have never felt so taken care of by a company. I can finally be at ease knowing that being at DocuSign will not only help me advance in my career and meet more talented people, but also take care of me on the long run.

Cons

There really isn't any downsides. If I really needed to mention one, it would be that there are too many amazing people here and it is so hard to meet everyone of them remotely!

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Used to be great

May 10, 2021 - Market Development Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Was an incredible place to work a couple years ago. Still working alongside a lot of great people and appreciate the benefits

Cons

Sales org is solely numbers based yet getting promoted requires you meet your number and bend over backwards for the greater team. Too much pressure on a “team” environment when my paycheck depends so heavily on how well I perform individually. Because of certain skills I possess, I’m constantly pulled into side projects to help the wider team but these projects heavily take away from me being able do what I need to do to hit my numbers. I notice this doesn’t apply to everyone, however. There are a few of us who take on these leadership roles while the rest of the team sits back and waits for the work to be done- plenty of time to focus on their quota attainment and get promoted to the next level. My distaste for the company began when Covid hit last year. Felt like our managers added in extra team zoom meetings because they didn’t trust we were doing what we should be. Over the months we’ve given feedback around zoom fatigue and wanting less meetings but this feedback was never put into action forcing me and others to fall into deeper burnout.

Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you. We will share your feedback with the Chief Revenue Officer.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

The kind of culture where I could stay for the long-term

Apr 16, 2021 - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

DocuSign is at a great phase of growth, where there are tons of opportunities just waiting for someone to raise their hand and lead on the topic. If you do this, you will do well. I've been really happy with how I've been able to build relationships even having started remotely a year ago. At the same time, DocuSign is big enough that your basic support needs are covered, and there is capital available to be invested if you make a strong enough business case for your initiative. Other pros: RSU packages are good (get them while you still can), many opportunities to get involved in social impact projects (3 days a year granted to Volunteer Time Off), generally good work-life balance

Cons

The only cons I can say are 1) there are some people just coasting, so if you're a go-getter you may need to follow-up with people frequently to stay on project timelines, and 2) Diversity in our leadership team is poor and inclusion/equity initiatives are nascent. Leaders are well-intentioned and stepping into uncomfortable spaces, but we are behind compared to some other tech companies.

Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you very much for writing such a detailed review. Appreciate the thoughts regarding diversity and stepping into difficult conversations. I will share this review with some of our executives.

7. 5.0

I'm Doing the Work of My Life

May 13, 2021 - Human Resources Director in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing manager, leaders and support system for me as I was hired during the pandemic. The onboarding process, the first few months and now this first year with DocuSign have felt natural, filled me with purpose and I genuinely feel a part of an amazing team changing the world.

Cons

I wish we could be back in the office, but I'm not holding that against DocuSign. Their plan to return to office, Back to Better, is thoughtful and focuses on me, the employee, and my safety. I appreciate that.

8. 5.0

High growth, high demands

Apr 13, 2021 - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

DocuSign has huge growth potential and has invested heavily in a path $5B in revenue. Our customers rely upon us to support core components of their business in Sales and HR. Our customers also look to us to adapt and grow into the future by improving their systems of agreement. If you like to sell solutions, this is a good spot for you. DocuSign's leadership suite is led by an empathetic and approachable CEO in Dan Springer, who is thoughtful, articulate, optimistic, and kind. DocuSign is a progressive company that values its employees, it's customers, and it ability to make an impact in the world by eliminating paper processes.

Cons

DocuSign is process heavy, and many of those processes are manual. As an AE, everything from data mining to customer support falls upon your shoulders, in addition to a monster quota and the burdens associated with inflated SaaS contracts. You'll spend a lot of time deflecting minuta in this role.

2 people found this review helpful

Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks. We have shared your review with the CRO.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

A great company to work for

Apr 13, 2021 - Senior Manager-Product Information and Content in Boynton Beach, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent at hiring - staff is uniformly smart, competent, kind, supportive, cooperative, understanding. Company is very committed to both the personal well-being and professional growth of the staff. Lots and lots of training available, both internal and externally - up to $5,000 per calendar year for degree/certification programs, other funds for conferences and other trainings. Clear values, clear expectations of managers that results in staff being well-supported and empowered to advance and grow. Excellent benefits - the range of benefits is extensive - for example, legal assistance, mental health benefits, wellness benefits, etc.

Cons

The company is a mix of startup and well-established. This has pros and cons - while they are willing to throw enough people at a problem, process issues can fester before being solved. Everyone wants to improve processes, and they do improve, but more slowly than anyone wants.

2 people found this review helpful

Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your detailed thoughts.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great but exhausting

Apr 26, 2021 - Product Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great people - competitive pay - useful product that people actually want to use - benefits are some of the best out there

Cons

- Due to COVID and wfh burnout is real. I’m working more hours than ever and feel like I’m glued to my desk. Management will encourage you to take time off but there is simply too much work to be done with tight deadlines. Zoom meetings are nonstop so the only time to do any real work is after 5. - Lots of bureaucracy. It takes forever to get a decision made or approved. - Since everyone is overworked these days it’s really difficult to work across teams. No one wants to take on more work which results in lots of finger pointing and deflecting. - Morale has decreased significantly since wfh. The workload leaves no time to connect with your coworkers on anything but work.

Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am sorry to hear you are exhausted. I have shared your review with Tom Casey so he is aware of the sentiments you mention. While I can’t tell where you work, I am assuming like me you have at least 4 weeks Paid Time Off (or annual leave as they refer to it in non-US countries), and I would really encourage you to take it even for a staycation. Even just taking a 3 or 4-day weekend every now and then has really helped many of us carry on. Also, hopefully the occasional extra days off for the whole company have helped you out as nobody was working anywhere in the world and we all stepped away from our computers.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,464 Reviews