DocuSign Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 17, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great work life balance and industry salaries" (in 70 reviews)

• "Great product and customer base" (in 49 reviews)

Cons
  • "One of the downsides to date is there is no 401k match which is a benefit that I've come to expect" (in 35 reviews)

• "This company is growing pretty fast so need to be flexible" (in 32 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I would give more stars if I could!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time

Pros

DocuSign defines work life balance - work from home options & flexible work hours.
    Excellent product - we truly make our customer's life easy.
    Great pay package (base pay, bonus, RSU ) and benefits (free insurance, employee events, free food & beverages!)
    Upper management have a very clear goal and are driven to achieve it.
    Really smart and easy to work with colleagues.
    DocuSign IMPACT is in everyone's DNA. They are always looking for ways to give back.
    Amazing Parental leave - 6 months paid leave for the primary caregiver & 2 months paid leave for the non-primary caregiver.
    They really listen! This is the only company where the CEO reads every single survey feedback, and takes action based on inputs given directly by employees.
    They take fixing the diversity and gender gap very seriously, and are actively working towards improving it across the industry and not just the company.

Cons

Needs more established leveling of roles within organizations.
    Improve commuter benefits.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all that you are doing and for listening!

The town halls, the open conversations, sharing the vision via 'The Hub' are great ways to get insight into the company's future.

Keep investing in your employees and promoting Impact events.

Appreciate all the effort , time, honesty, and DocuLove.

May 23, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

You win the award for most detailed. I don't know where to begin ... but I agree with everything you mention. Commuter benefits -- please bubble up your ideas to Michael Erisman and Melissa Clark.... More

2. "Market Development Team"

Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I came in taking a step back from Account Executive at a toxic company to one that offered promise and career development. Management and leadership has not disappointing. My story isn't flawless, but as long as you show that you care, your leadership will set you up for success and give you every opportunity to grow and move towards the next step in your career, even if its a non traditional move. Hands down, this is the best job, culture, team, and leadership that I've ever been a part of. I haven't regretted a single moment. Those who complain about this role haven't experience what's out there and are spoiled because this place cares!

Cons

Only complaint is pay, coming from a six figure salary to something a little less... but you have every opportunity to make money in your quota as well as your next step. It's worth the one year in seat as an MDR.

Advice to Management

I know some team's don't have the same culture as mine... but I have the best manager and best team on the floor hands down.

Aug 13, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your wisdom. Great to hear this is the best place you have worked in your career -- it's one of Dan's key goals.

"This is *that* place"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You almost never hear of a place where nearly everyone is happy -- where all three items are perfect: pay, job itself, and management.

It is notoriously difficult to get hired here, but once in, you see why: Teams that get along incredibly well, management that acknowledges their own struggles and works towards commonly set goals, and pay/benefits that truly lead the industry. And we work at a verb.

Pros:
    -Benefits are top notch like Aetna health plans at 100% paid, time off starting at 4 weeks, paid parental leave (SIX MONTHS!), flexible scheduling, and more
    -Managers who genuinely care. Almost no one leaves due to a DocuSign issue.
    -Advancement is likely if desired.
    -Flexibility in scheduling.
    -Our CEO is seriously inspirational. He is direct, honest, and passionate.
    -Regular town hall meetings with both CEO and departmental SVP's, whom you can ask very blunt/direct questions and get thoughtful responses. I've been at places where these meetings were mostly for show - not here. They care and it shows.

Cons

-Work from home is common in most departments except for Account Management, where it is limited to one day a week after one year. This needs to be expanded to 3-5 days/week to keep in line with other companies.
    -Interdepartmental communication is tough, however this is par for the course for rapidly growing companies. Also, this has been directly acknowledged by our CEO, and this is being worked on.

Advice to Management

-Keep working on the manager/employee ratios as you have been to ensure growth continues to be smooth.

Aug 9, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Wow. We are the "that" place. Very true about real deal company and Town Hall meetings. That is oxygen to me compared to other places I've worked. And yes, managers care. Please speak to Olga and... More

4. "By far the best place I've worked!"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture, co-workers, Executive Leadership, Opportunities for advancement

Cons

No 401k match... yet. There are a handful of sub-par leaders who seemed to have been promoted for being in the right place at the right time. The good news is the company is investing heavily in management training.

Aug 13, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks. 401K match on the way per Dan. As for sub-par leaders, not sure what to say except yes it will be good when we define what a good manager is and train and measure against that.

5. "Great company, great culture"

Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- There's great benefits that are getting better - 4 weeks of vacation, 3 days of volunteer time, 401k matching coming, 6mo maternity/paternity leave, $50 transit subsidy per mo, money to cover medical deductibles, etc.
    - Work/life balance is great - in SF, people leave the office around 5 and almost no one is there after 6
    - Smart people - Everyone is really sharp from great schools/backgrounds, but still really down to earth and excited to help even across functions when you email out of the blue
    - Awesome product (40%+ share) that sells itself and is getting better with internal development, acquisition and fine tuning
    - Budget to run great programs and do what needs to be done
    - Stock is doing great at the moment

Cons

- Salary is competitive but not super high (stock helps that though)
    - No catered lunches but very well stocked kitchens
    - Org is still getting settled and there are some curiosities, but this should work itself out soon

Advice to Management

Keep it rolling and don't lose focus on the culture now that we have to hit quarterly numbers

Aug 9, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your detailed thoughts. Would love to know what the "curiosities" are? ;-)

6. "PROGRAM MANAGER"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time

Pros

Good work life balance. Good projects to works on

Cons

Delay in introducing ESPP, 401K match , HRA is being removed

Advice to Management

Improve Salary and benefits to retain best talents

Aug 9, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks. I don't believe there is delay in introducing the ESPP and 401K match. They are moving a long as planned. But point taken that we don't have them yet.

7. "Great culture and working environment"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time

Pros

The engineering org has an open and collaborative culture and there's great focus on the customer.

Cons

Some growing pains with release planning and execution. If done right this can also be seen as a pro as an area for employee growth.

Aug 9, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Good to hear that org is open and collaborative and focused on the customer. Interesting comment re growing pains being a pro ... would love to understand more.

8. "Best Time to be here at DocuSign!"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great product everyone know and better yet everyone LOVES
    great training and onboarding
    tenured leadership in sales
    expanding platform for the AE to sell including Spring CM
    no email on the weekends
    great benefits especially for women
    Impact program that is the foundation of the culture
    leadership in sales is very approachable and open to suggestions

Cons

not a lot of upward growth for people in the field
    in office mentality
    still some growing pains and politics

Aug 9, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Great to hear you are enjoying working here. Love the no emails on the weekend. (I am not as lucky) If you mean the parental leave as being a great benefit for women, remember men who are primary... More

9. "Going to work Everyday is Fun!"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great Work Life Balance with Flexible hours and Work from Home options
    - People here at DocuSign are the best part about working here, there's a sense of warmth and passion for the work we do.
    - Excellent Product.
    - Free drinks and snacks. Lunch on Mondays and Wednesday (for engineers), and a happy hour once per month!

Cons

- No 401(k) match. Nothing else!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Employees are treated as resource and that is best part about working here.

Aug 9, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Fun is huge. Thanks for weighing in.

10. "Start up feel with Big Company resources."

Current Employee - RVP in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - RVP in Renton, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company Culture, Sales training vastly improved, Smart dedicated employees, fun work environment while remaining competitve.

Cons

401k matching not yet available nor Employee stock purchase but told both on the horizon.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the education and enablement of your staff. We hire the best people we need to make sure we give them the tools to be successful.

Aug 9, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

It is nice to hear you have noticed a difference in the Sales training -- the team that runs that have been really digging in. 401K and ESPP on its way if you believe our CEO. (I do.)