DocuSign Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
DocuSign CEO Daniel Springer
Daniel Springer

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Also work/life balance is good since we account for development/testing/incident-handling on a biweekly planning meeting (in 54 reviews)

• Great Product that is easily supported (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing very fast which leads to rapid changes in policy at times (in 31 reviews)

• Since the company is growing so fast sometimes there are growing pains (in 30 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Another year, another review!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Let's see, it's been a bit over two years for me. A lot has changed in that time, and I'd easily say most of it for the better.

The company continues to grow, but the neck-breaking pace of my first 1-2 years has slowed. It feels more sustainable (we're definitely still growing) and that the focus is on maturity.

We have a new CEO that seems to know what he's doing, or at least what he wants to do. He's been very consistent, very open, and prioritizes communication and answers the hard questions.

The goals for the company are well outlined and the future is in sight. There are still more changes to be made for all the orgs within the company to align, but those changes are well on their way and so far they seem well thought out and appropriate.

There continues to be an abundance of opportunity to serve in our local communities through IMPACT events. And while the internal socializing (happy hour) has been cut back, when we do have them, they seem to be higher quality and worth while.

Personally, I've been given a lot of opportunity to grow and succeed here. I am proud of what we do as a company, and blessed to be apart of it with. I look forward to many more years of learning, being challenged, and ultimately, growing.

Cons

With our IPO around the corner, you feel the belt tightening. More scrutiny for travel and money expenditure in general, but I'd say it's both a good thing and to be expected.

Our benefits are slowly, but surely, expanding with the most recent being 6 months of leave for a new child, which is incredible. But, this is the con section, so I'll say that I hope our benefits in the area of 401k matching materialize after our IPO.

There's still some inter-org struggles in terms of communication and usage of resources, but the silver lining is that our leadership is aware and directly working on it now. I feel it will be addressed by the end of this year and we'll be able to move forward better united.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the hard conversations and the hard decisions as we move into the next phase of the company.

The consistent CEO/executive communication has been awesome, so please keep doing that as well.

Don't be afraid to share bad news - I would hope and expect us to rally together regardless and overcome.

Sep 27, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

You win hands down for most detailed, thoughtful review. THANK YOU. Drop the mic.

2. "AE"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time

Pros

Great product
    Great team
    Great pay

Cons

No 401k matching
    No gym membership

Nov 6, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Your brevity is impressive. Did you study haiku? Seriously, thank you for weighing in. Points taken. Our CEO (Dan) has said that he hopes to institute a matching 401K post-IPO with would be more in... More

3. "Jr Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Junior Business Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Junior Business Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work culture, Interesting product, Employees have a voice

Cons

workload expectation, work life balance, chances for advancement

4. "Fantastic company with a great team, on its journey to become a multi $B company"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic product that people LOVE.
    Great people, great leadership with an exciting vision for the future of the company. Smart, talented people you can learn from and would enjoy working with.

Cons

If you're looking for that "start up" feel, you may be disappointed. at 2,400+ employees and multiple offices around the world, it's closer to a mature company. BUT, there's still plenty of opportunity to make an impact.

Nov 6, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for weighing in. Glad to hear that you like the people, leadership and vision. You are probably right in that we aren't a start up but we still have that high growth/ lots going on vibe.

5. "Longest I've stayed at one company"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work on products that people love, and that actually help them in their day to day lives
    Big enough that the company is stable, but small enough to still be very flexible
    Constantly expanding opportunities and interesting problems
    Great culture overall

Cons

Growing pains are a constant
    Comp/benefits feel below-average
    Culture clashes between the "Old Guard" and the "New Guard" (and increasingly the "New New Guard"

Advice to Management

As we continue to grow, never forget why we do what we do.

Nov 6, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Good to hear that you believe there are expanding opportunities and interesting problems and that the culture is good. Yes, growing pains can be felt and there are... More

6. "Market Development Representative- overall good experience"

Current Employee - Market Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Market Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Couldn’t be happier beginning at a company with such demonstrated success. Product speaks for itself in sales and ensures that we are truly helping our customers. Managers are always looking for ways to improve job experience. Work life balance is great. PTO is better than most. Full health, dental, and vision benefits. Everyone works hard and has a passion for the benefit that DocuSign can offer.

Cons

Managers look to improve job experience but don’t take a lot of initiative into actually implementing. There are improvements that can be made with the distribution of territories. No 401k matching.

Nov 14, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

7. "Great place to start sales career"

Current Employee - SDR in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - SDR in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge investments in training reps, gives experience in warm, cold, and upselling customers, opportunity to work with virtually any company US and Canada wide to sell product. Managers make promotion path abundantly clear and actively care about your progression. Culture doesn't punish reps who struggle initially/at some point in their career.

Cons

Compensation structure subject to change in growing company, compensation focuses on quantity over quality/depth of sales. Not everyone is part of same role on team so pay varies.

Advice to Management

Nothing, management is very strong and genuinely cares about promoting reps in their sales careers.

Nov 6, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Great to hear you appreciate the investment in training. Awesome to hear that you see a clear path -- abundantly clear -- for promotion.

8. "Market Development Representative"

I worked at DocuSign full-time

Pros

Great product, some great people and management.

Cons

Some awful management. No clear strategy. Need to work out a lot of kinks. Should have more processes in place for an organization of their size/maturity.

Nov 6, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I hope you share more color re the cons with your HRBP Olga Kibler.

"A vision that yields happy customers and employees"

Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my role, I interview a lot of people who often ask the question, "What makes DocuSign culture special?" Short answer: the product and the people.

Long story: The problem that DocuSign resolves is one that everyone from a grandparent to the CEO of a large company understands, so whether you're talking to a customer who recently implemented the product or a person you've just met explaining what you do for a living, the response to DocuSign is a responding, "Wow! I love your company and the product!" Working for an organization that yields that emotional response is very validating. Our mission and our product change business culture, improve efficiencies, and truly make people's lives simpler and easier. Everyone can appreciate that, and I think that feeling extends into the second thing that makes DocuSign's culture special, the people.

The people who work at DocuSign are smart, driven, and well-rounded. If you're looking for a place where you feel like a small fish in a big pond, surrounded by talent that will elevate your game, this is the spot. There are very few gaps in organizational effectiveness, and it's fun to interact with departments and orgs within the company, knowing that you're working with a truly best-in-class group. But, the company is in no way done growing and evolving, so there are certainly problems that can be resolved and areas where smart people can make a meaningful impact.

Cons

With so many interdependent departments and processes, evolving some of the areas of inefficiency can be arduous. Mature markets, such as NA, may consider engaging with consultancies to solve some of the bigger organizational challenges.

Oct 9, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

It is fun to work at a company whose product touches everybody. And I agree the people do make you up your game which is good. I asked Dan the same question re processes in his Town Hall with our... More

"Not worth the hype"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

DocuSign has still good market share for eSignature services and established, secure platform.
    Product vision is strong to avoid the risk of becoming a commodity.

Cons

Constant management changes impacted Company culture in a negative way and people live in uncertainty. Reorgs are happening frequently with no clear long term strategy, and HR is unable to establish any kind of leadership.
    Allowing hiring people in senior positions with no interview process (all with same background as CEO/CMO) is unethical and frustrates other employees.
    Competition is getting better and better on core eSignature business, while internally there's a lot of doubts about ability to execute on product roadmap.
    Pay/benefits package not competitive with Bay Area market.

Advice to Management

Communicate better (not only more) and more transparently about decisions affecting your team members.
    Invest in people development and stop hiring senior positions only from external sources (or alumni of same Company).
    Upgrade pay/benefits package to get up to par with other Companies in same sector/area.

Oct 24, 2017 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts . You bring up a lot of points. Let's address a couple. Our CEO, Dan, has brought in a couple of executives who he has worked with in the past. This is fairly... More