DocuSign Reviews | Glassdoor

DocuSign Reviews

Updated December 5, 2018

4.7

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The culture is terrific at creating work life balance while keeping a positive competitive environment" (in 92 reviews)

• "Company is growing so lots of opportunity" (in 34 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not much, but if I have to be picky, there is no 401k match yet" (in 36 reviews)

• "Still some growing pains evident as growing so fast" (in 35 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Enterprise Corporate Sales - Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive - Enterprise Corporate Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than a year)

Pros

THE PEOPLE - Since the company went public 5 months ago, people are legitimately lit up. It's kind of like something in the air has everybody a bit more chipper than usual. Weird.

THE LEADERSHIP TEAM - Dan and his team are doing a killer job. How do we know that? They give themselves "grades" every quarter at our All-Hands meetings. They follow up on the things they said that they would do and didn't do and keep everybody up-to-date on progress. Obviously, the company has been performing at a high level and when that happens, sometimes a leadership team loses sight of the "small stuff". Not this team. They care. They have increased benefits, they've been proactive about relevant topics i.e. equal pay, diversity, leadership pathways etc. If Dan's approval rating tells you anything, the company as a whole has a lot of confidence in what Dan and his C-Suite team are doing on a day-to-day basis as they lead our company post-IPO.

COMPENSATION - From my understanding DocuSign comp is competitive across the board. For salespeople you have an OTE number and the Sales Ops team is generally pretty fair with territories/quotas, etc. Name of the game is: work hard, hit your number and help everybody else hit theirs and we all get paid.

INNOVATION - Our CTO, Ron Hirson and CMO/CSO Scott Olrich have been hyper-focused on building out the DocuSign suite and building out DocuSign's "System of Agreement". From a sales perspective this is great. We have a product with a team that is constantly making improvements, making strategic acquisitions, building new technologies which all leads to a final product that's easier to sell to our prospects and customers.

GROWTH - We're on a good path with no signs of slowing down and a lot of untapped market potential. This is great news. Because the company is growing fast, there's a lot of opportunity to grow your career and step up into new roles.

BENEFITS - DocuSign has a pretty extensive benefits package. And anything that is missing, the Benefits team is usually already thinking about or is in the process of rolling out. Some that may be interesting:

- Generous stock purchase plan.
    - employee is offered RSU's when they're hired
    - Bike lockers
    - Full Health/Vision/Dental insurance
    - 401k (match coming soon)
    - Paternity/Maternity leave
    - Commuter stipend
    - DocuSign IMPACT: Donation match for any contributions made to organizations of your choice
    - 3 business days VTO
    - 20 business days PTO
    - Several company holidays
    - Referral bonus
    - Outside Education stipend
    - All kinds of snacks/beverages in the kitchens

Cons

Benefits missing:
    - Gym membership reimbursement/stipend
    - Commuter stipend could be higher

Advice to Management

As our company grows, keep paying attention to our hiring processes and developing our managers and leaders. Let's ensure that we keep hiring top talent and that we're investing in our talent internally. It's always a bummer when we lose a good colleague when we could have just paid a bit more attention.

Aug 31, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Wow. THANK YOU for sharing such detailed thoughts. Reviews like this are very helpful to potential job candidates. Trust you saw the 401(k) matching announcement.

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, great company, great people

Cons

Nothing significant stands out, it is a great place to work

Thank you.

3. "To conduct sales of new business and install base expansion"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Orlando, FL

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We are treated as business owners, not micromanaged or having our shoulders looked over. Either we’re doing our job or we’re not. Simple. I love it.

Cons

Wish I could spend more time with the team but I work remotely. The people are the best thing about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. Well done.

Dec 9, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Glassdoor. Great to hear you are happy and like the team.

4. "You will be challenged, you can make a huge impact and opportunities are endless."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership - the team of leaders we have are incredible, they are dedicated, passionate and lead with purpose.

IMPACT program - this is such an amazing part of working at DocuSign - we get 3 paid volunteer days per year, have a donation matching program and provide incredible opportunities to give back to our communities.

Our customers love us - its amazing to get so many "I love DocuSign" responses when I tell people where I work.

Flexibility - I know this may differ depending on role, location and leader but for me I have incredible flexibility in my role which is life changing

Exciting time to be here - we are just getting started - the opportunities of our product to truly change how business gets done is stunning.

Cons

Very SF focused - our largest office is in Seattle but our company is VERY SF focused.

PTO is less than I had elsewhere which is a bummer - but still not horrible (4 weeks for most people I believe)

Benefit health plan options are fairly limited - no HSA plan which I hope we get soon.

Parking in our building / in Seattle in general is insanely expensive. I wish we got some sort of stipend for it.

Advice to Management

Remember that we are a global company and ensure we consider offices outside of SF / SEA when scheduling meetings. We are growing and need to lean on virtual options more than we have in the past.

Invest in our people more - if we want this to be the best place people have worked we need to invest in developing them, keeping them and showing them we care.

Communicate with us and be more visible in offices outside of SF - hire more executive leaders in Seattle and elsewhere and give them opportunities to engage with everyone - not just their own teams.

Dec 5, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your detailed thoughts. We have been doing more meetings earlier to include our EMEA colleagues but it can be tricky to find a time that also works APAC -- but I hear you that... More

5. "Senior Director"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Best solution offering in its class.
    Our people care.
    Company delivers on its promises to customers and employees.

Cons

Company is growing fast. Its a high-pressure environment, requires high performance, not for the squeamish.

Nov 16, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for weighing in. I hear you on the high growth -- thankfully we seem to attract and hire high performers that thrive in our environment but hopefully you have seen the human side of the... More

6. "Incredible First Job"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked as an intern last summer and came on full-time this year. Though I have less than a year of experience to go off of, I can say with no doubt in my mind that this was the right place for me to start my career. It's a great place to grow and learn.

Within engineering, I have had the privilege of being mentored and getting to work with some extremely bright people. Every conversation I have furthers my career and my ability to contribute as much as possible. On top of the incredible people the benefits are generous. DocuSign really cares about it's employees.

Cons

The compensation is on the lower end of the current market for engineers, especially in Seattle, but DoucSign is still growing and I think this is getting better from what I've heard. Other than that, no cons.

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your employees and we will continue to build and maintain an amazing product.

Nov 12, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It's great to hear that you joined us full-time after an internship in Software Engineering. It's really important to continue to grow and learn always but... More

7. "Best company for work in technology"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall great work life balance and supportive management.

Cons

There is no path to promotion . No HSA or gym reimbursement. No incentive for parents or daycare discounts.

Advice to Management

Promote people who actually do work rather than hiring mid management like Directors.

Nov 12, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please speak to your management and HRBP about career paths. The HR Business Partners have been working on developing these across the company. You can also take... More

8. "It really is one of the "best places to work""

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Warrenville, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at DocuSign full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is by far one of the best work environments I have been a part of. The developers here are the most non-judgmental, helpful people I have ever met. Everyone is willing to explain and teach when needed. Work/life balance is amazing, as well as compensation. Benefits are comparable to other companies. There are plenty of opportunities for growth and moving up.

Cons

It is difficult to find a con honestly. I have worked at many places and this is the most enjoyable environment I have seen. I really enjoy coming to work everyday.

Nov 9, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing what it is like to work with our developers. It's so nice to hear that you find them non-judgmental and helpful. Good to know that you see opportunities for growth and moving... More

"Worst boss I have ever had! a complete sham"

I worked at DocuSign full-time

Pros

product is bar none the very best!
    impact program is incredible and so fun to be a part of ...
    always changing which keeps it fun

Cons

very unethical people especially in certain departments
    immature leadership
    say one thing do another
    kiss a$@#! and manage up versus hard work is the norm
    CEO has no backbone to stand up for employees uses the excuse they don't want to second guess people decisions
    there is no culture other than copying other companies ideas

Advice to Management

look in the mirror and change before it is too late!

Dec 5, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

We are sorry you did not have a good experience at DocuSign. If you are open to discussing further, please reach out to Olga Kibler, our VP of HR Business Partners.

"Marketing"

I have been working at DocuSign full-time

Pros

great CEO, great benefits, great snacks

Cons

bad pay, bad communication, bad team alignment

Nov 12, 2018 – Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.