Cover image for DocuSign
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

DocuSign Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Nov 11, 2021

Found 284 of over 3K reviews

3.9
DocuSign CEO Allan Thygesen
Allan Thygesen

What people are saying about DocuSign

Join the conversation on

Tech

637.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=DocuSign~307604
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about DocuSign? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with DocuSign employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits and reasonably good remote work options.(in 289 reviews)
  • "great people that although they come from different disciplines and geographies share the same goals(in 272 reviews)
  • "Great culture and continuing to evolve way beyond what people know us for(in 245 reviews)
  • "Also work/life balance is good since we account for development/testing/incident(in 144 reviews)
  • "Great leadership, and (mostly) positive advancements with D&I, like broadened recruiting pools.(in 96 reviews)
Cons
  • "Pay is low.(in 56 reviews)
  • "There will be no diversity if you only ever hire people who all pledged the same PWI organizations(in 18 reviews)
  • "no 401k matching and health/wellness programming isn't a focus i.e.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Favoritism is high and not a lot of strategic direction.(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DocuSign and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Middling company and value proposition boosted by pandemic

Dec 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Product works as advertised. Benefits are very good to great.

Cons

Product is completely commoditized. Vision of Agreement Cloud is and always has been a marketing pitch. There is no reason to buy the full suite of products...CLM and contract analytics really have nothing to do with whichever esignature product a company is using.

5 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0

Unstable & Toxic

Jan 30, 2020 - Engineering
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and reasonably good remote work options. Learned a lot, and met some really great people, who unfortunately just ended up leaving because the techops/devops culture is so toxic. If you're highly-political, then this might be the place for you.

Cons

In the span of just over a year we have been re-org'd FOUR times. Very unstable. They are apparently under the erroneous impression that being good with technical matters is equal to being a good leader. My role was downgraded from salaried to hourly with no notice or recourse. Seems like an attempt to offset budgets through attrition (better to have people just quit on you, right?). Developer culture is exactly what you'd expect it to be--toxic--the same as some other publicly criticized tech companies (like Facebook or Microsoft). They've actually brought in a number of people from Microsoft, so that company's infamously toxic culture is now taking solid root at DocuSign and is widely unchecked (any behavior towards colleagues is permitted as long as you make the company money!). Cronyism is amok; everyone is a "Director" at DocuSign--it's laughable. Diversity in engineering is a joke, apparently only white and Asian people can do the job. Company pretends like it cares about employees but it's just PR-- they are constantly asking people to review them favorably here on Glassdoor, especially if the person has been with the company under a year. Pay is too low as compared to other tech companies to deal with stuff like this.

4 people found this review helpful

Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

This was a difficult review to read but thank you for sharing your experience. We will share this with Tom Casey, our SVP of Engineering. We wish you the best in your next position.

3. Join the DocuSign team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Used to be great

May 10, 2021 - Market Development Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Was an incredible place to work a couple years ago. Still working alongside a lot of great people and appreciate the benefits

Cons

Sales org is solely numbers based yet getting promoted requires you meet your number and bend over backwards for the greater team. Too much pressure on a “team” environment when my paycheck depends so heavily on how well I perform individually. Because of certain skills I possess, I’m constantly pulled into side projects to help the wider team but these projects heavily take away from me being able do what I need to do to hit my numbers. I notice this doesn’t apply to everyone, however. There are a few of us who take on these leadership roles while the rest of the team sits back and waits for the work to be done- plenty of time to focus on their quota attainment and get promoted to the next level. My distaste for the company began when Covid hit last year. Felt like our managers added in extra team zoom meetings because they didn’t trust we were doing what we should be. Over the months we’ve given feedback around zoom fatigue and wanting less meetings but this feedback was never put into action forcing me and others to fall into deeper burnout.

4 people found this review helpful

Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you. We will share your feedback with the Chief Revenue Officer.

5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

tough to make money and a passive aggressive culture

Sep 15, 2022 - Sales in Atlantic, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits for both health and dental.

Cons

tough to make money inferior platform product

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Great company culture

Sep 9, 2021 - Enterprise Market Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They care about you and great benefits

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Be the first to find this review helpful

Thanks.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

All around great place to work

Oct 11, 2021 - Senior Product Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The people are super smart and really collaborative and supportive - There's great work life balance - Benefits are great and always being improved - they just added $15k family forming benefit to help with IVF in addition to 6mo of mat/pat leave. Also have consistent $1000 stipends to spend on a home office and random days off for mental health. - I just transferred internally and that's supported, which helps you continue to grow your career and keep things fresh. - High growth, so things are always changing and opening up. The stock keeps going way up too :) - There's a bunch of growth avenues for the company - international, new product categories, etc. that DocuSign is super well positioned to win and continue to grow.

Cons

- High growth, so things are always changing - that's good but also bad, meaning there's consistent reorgs and changes that make longer term planning a bit hard and sometimes what you've done doesn't get used because there's a big shift right as you come out with a new enablement/asset for example.

2 people found this review helpful

Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for the shout out about IVF and the mental health support.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company!

Apr 19, 2021 - Account Executive in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great employee benefits and even better product!

Cons

Fast growing company, hiring rapidly can come with learning curve

Thanks.

9. 5.0

Great Entry Level Opportunity

Mar 13, 2019 - SDR
    Business Outlook

Pros

-amazing for post-college or transitioning into sales from another company/industry -perks: health benefits, transportation stipend, snacks, food and drinks stocked in the kitchen on each floor (super helpful), lots of happy hours, team events, networking -if you want to grow with the company and see a position you're aiming for, talk to your manager. the company wants to hire from within. -hardworking and metric driven environment, but also very fun and you won't feel micro-managed

Cons

-great perks and benefits=low pay (compared to SDR roles elsewhere) -the SDR team is basically a post UW co-ed frat (not my thing, but it's great if its yours) -i personally love not being micro-managed and having the freedom to do what i need for my own success, but there are times when our managers get super busy and are no where to be found

Senior Talent Marketing Manager

Thank you very much for sharing your honest feedback. We are happy to hear there are many things you enjoy about your role and working at DocuSign. You also share some frustration that is very important to us. I will share your review with Olga Kibler. If you feel comfortable, I highly encourage you to share any additional thoughts with her directly as she will welcome a discussion about your experience here.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fantastic company at rapid growth, great people, great leadership and great products

Jul 19, 2019 - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A fantastic company at rapid growth (37% YoY in FY18 Great people - the culture is great. People have a sense of comradery and shared excitement The leadership is top-notch with a clear vision and ability to execute Great benefits and total comp is very comprehensive Our products are great - I constantly get an 'I LOVE DocuSign' reaction when I tell people where I work, because the product is so loved (how many B2B SW companies can say that?) We're at an exciting time for our company, transitioning to a multi-product company, with all the opportunities, and challenges, that this brings Plenty of room for continued growth - our total addressable market is $50B and this year we'll get to $1B in Revenue (so, being the biggest player out there in this space, this suggests plenty of room to grow) Plenty of career growth opportunities - I have seen many upward, as well as lateral career moves in my 4 years at DocuSign, including my personal upward move from an individual contributor to a manager of a team, which is what I wanted to do

Cons

The company is large and getting things done does require navigating bureaucracy. With the rapid growth and all that we're trying to do, it can feel a bit chaotic at times. We're figuring things out as we go. To me, that's exciting but may not suit everyone. As solid of a company we are, our brand is not as "sexy" as some of the other Silocone Valley darlings (think Slack, Uber, etc.).

Be the first to find this review helpful

Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review. Strong points. Not sure I agree personally with what you say about our brand. The impact we are having, the DocuLove as you mention, DocuSign for Forests, our P&L and balance sheet -- there are so many things to feel good about here and that's all propelling our brand. As for promoting within, agreed and it is something that management tries to do. Hopefully the Work Of Your Life manager training program that was just launched will help increase promotions from within. Cheers.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Market Development Rep

Oct 21, 2018 - Market Development Representative in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The People- I have never been around so many people with such a high level of EQ in my life. It makes for a fun atmosphere on the Market Development/Sales Development floor. The team comes from super diverse types of work experience as well...which makes for interesting and engaging conversations with co-workers. Some people come from sales roles at other companies...but it seems that managers are willing to take a risk on "less traditional" backgrounds (i.e. military, technical program management, service industry, education, etc.) The Product- Should go without saying but it is much easier to sell a product you genuinely beleive can add value for your prospect. A+ on that front. Collaborative Sales Culture- Everyone has their own number to hit for sure-- but people are very willing to share best practices across the team, what has worked/not worked for them, etc. Pay- Pay seems fair, uncapped commission Work/Life Balance- legitimate 40 hour weeks: no expectation to go over that, in fact it is actually discouraged.

Cons

Honestly was tough to come up with a con. I would say the benefits overall are great but a gym stipend/reimbursement would be nice to have.

Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you so much for sharing so many details across a few different aspects. That is really helpful for potential job candidates to read about.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 284 Reviews