DocuSign Employee Reviews about "great product"

Updated Jan 22, 2021

4.6
Pros
Cons
  • "Growing pains like any company that is literally doubling in size annually with no scope of slowing down(in 90 reviews)

• "Though it’s an easier sell, has better benefits than the majority and has stock plan/401k match that will help you retire(in 52 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DocuSign and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great product"

Return to all Reviews

"Future is bright"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Enablement Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great product with huge market True sense of family and teamwork Smart leaders who listen

Cons

Growing pains of becoming a big company but with old processes and systems

September 20, 2020Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks. Glad to hear you find our leaders smart and willing to listen.

2. "Great product, solid culture"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at DocuSign full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working for a well run, recognized, and respected company. Great product.

Cons

Comp plan was/ is below market, and if you are in the wrong territory, it can be a struggle. Account alignment is not equitable.

October 13, 2020Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks.

"Great company, slightly antiquated in some ways for a tech company"

4.0
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great product, awesome selling it. As a sales person you are definitely set up for success and have the potential to smash your targets. It feels great being part of a company that is already solid but still has a ton of market to go after. The stock is great though, and ESPP worth setting up. Great benefits. SUPER switched on company culture when it comes to social issues. The CEO puts his money where his mouth is as well. Great speaker series on inclusivity and diversity, great to also see more women being promoted to key leadership positions.

Cons

The comp isn't as good as most other tech companies I've worked for, although the goals are more achievable. When on ramp, you don't get paid your OTE during training. I started in mid-July and won't see my first commission check until the end of September, and they don't pay equivalent OTE for the interim - that was a bit of a shock and disappointing, especially as the comp package is lower than the industry average in my experience. Also - decelerators after hitting quota on ramp makes it less motivating to push to overachieve.

September 26, 2020Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for writing a review. We have shared your feedback with the head of Talent Development/Onboarding, head of compensation, head of HR Business Partners and head of recruiting.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great people to work with, great product and mission

Cons

- Company is growing very quickly and some processes are not so well established (so it can be frustrating for those that prefer a more structured work environment)

July 9, 2020Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you. Yes, there are some processes that need to be worked on. Hopefully we will get there.

5. "Great company to work"

Current Employee - Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

great product, excellent work life balance

Cons

comp should be improved to match top tech companies

July 13, 2020Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for writing a review. Appreciate the feedback. Our Total Rewards team consider the full suite of salary, bonus, benefits (401K matching, ESPP, minimal fees for medical if any) and equity. We consider industry benchmarks for companies at our stage. Net net: keep shipping and growing and our Total Rewards team will keep evolving our total package based on benchmarks.

"Top place to work for a reason"

Current Employee - Product Designer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for more than a year

Pros

DocuSign scores highly on the fundamental elements that constitute an ideal work environment: → Culture: There is a friendship first, open culture that emphasizes learning, promotes socializing, provides support, recognizes effort, celebrates accomplishments, compliments quality and induces inspiration. → Flexibility: The company and managers are very accommodating of schedules and worktime which shows their trust in employees. No need to clock-in and you can always leave the office to make your doctor's or vet's appointment. Not to mention you are more than welcome to work-from-home any day. → People: Co-workers at DocuSign are a pleasure to learn, work and grow with. Here, people accept you for who you are, value relationships, and genuinely care about each other. → Transparency: Even though DocuSign is growing rapidly, the leadership is very approachable and provides opportunities to ask questions. They collect constant feedback, acknowledge problems and opportunities to improve and actively work to get better. → Reasonable and Focused: The company is prudent in spending it’s resources. It does not squander money on unnecessary lavish parties. Although there are many events, offsites and team-bonding hangouts which add to the culture, the spending is always balanced and kept in check → Business: The business, mission, and values of the company is something to be proud of. They are working to eliminate paper, which is great for the environment and transforming businesses, small and large, by helping them automate their contracting processes through the Agreement Cloud which is a great product the digital future. → Fun: Besides your day job, there are opportunities to volunteer for causes, join informal and formal clubs, and contribute to Employee Resource Groups.

Cons

Not many but there are some that the company can improve on: → Workplace amenities: The offices don't have great amenities and can definitely modernize the interiors. More, better co-working spaces, lounges, healthcare assistance on site, and areas to play would be a great addition. → Pay and Perks: Although benefits are great, the perks program doesn't offer much and has limited usable local options. Base pay is good but not great, it falls around the 80-85 percentile mark of the market but considering it's a top place to work, seeing it above the 90th percentile would be great. → Product and Resourcing: Resourcing is a concern sometimes as with any growing company and priorities are often assigned to product areas that add features which means that refining and modernizing the fundamentals has to take the back seat sometimes.

July 1, 2020Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you!

7. "Amazing Role and Company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Enterprise Market Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for more than a year

Pros

Strong leadership, great product, positive sales culture, realistic quota and established resources.

Cons

SDR-AE type path can be a bit longer than other companies.

July 1, 2020Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you!

8. "Overall, great place to work."

Current Employee - Commercial Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great product line, work environment, and executive leadership.

Cons

The pay is not particularly competitive compared to similar sales organizations.

June 22, 2020Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

"Love working at DS"

Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at DocuSign full-time

Pros

People first culture Executive leadership is caring and thoughtful Great product Feels like a small company

Cons

The same people seem to get all the praise Inconsistent increases in compensation

June 3, 2020Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate it. It's great to hear that you find the leadership thoughtful. Great feedback about the same people getting the praise. I will share that with the head of HR (since that is your department.)

"Great company culture, still small enough to make impact"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Culture, culture, culture - estaff leadership is outstanding and not only focused on building a great product and achieving its TAM potential but also cares about employee base (Dan Springer is the real deal, genuinely great and authentic CEO) * One of the reasons why I decided to join DocuSign was that it still felt small enough that you can make an impact despite being more than 4k employee base. Thus far, really enjoying the partnership with the business partners and even within my department, I feel I have the opportunity share my ideas and a platform to showcase my talents * Product still has tons of runway. Our biggest competitor is paper and as companies accelerate the digital transformation, our product delivers solutions to drive productivity gains with a positive impact on the eco footprint

Cons

None that you can't break through. If you are a person that is passionate and have drive, I think anything is possible (assuming you are collaborative, solution oriented and willing to part hard work). You can also coast by here....

April 27, 2020Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for writing a review. Dan is the real deal. We are lucky. It's great to hear you can see your impact and share your ideas. We will be sure to pass on your kudos about the L&D program. It's top tops.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 78 English Reviews