DocuSign Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 23, 2021

4.6
Pros
Cons
  • "Growing pains like any company that is literally doubling in size annually with no scope of slowing down(in 90 reviews)

• "Though it’s an easier sell, has better benefits than the majority and has stock plan/401k match that will help you retire(in 52 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of DocuSign and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great, Evolving Culture"

Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, Culture, Management, Opportunity, Work/Life Balance

Cons

Role definition is sometimes unclear and constant change is a double-edged sword

Thanks.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent C suite leadership Great benefits I truly feel cared for

Cons

Limited growth opportunities in some areas Starting to feel big, losing some of that open minded, free thinking culture, getting political at times Work/life balance is difficult but that has a lot to do with remote working

January 4, 2021Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

3. "Great company 👌"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits. Work Life balance. Senior Leadership

Cons

Low 401k match. No path to promotion

January 6, 2021Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

4. "Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for less than a year

Pros

They really care about our well being and having a great work life balance. Management and colleagues are supportive and friendly.

Cons

Base salary could be higher, but commission incentives are good.

January 24, 2021Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for taking time to write a review. It's good to hear you feel supported by your colleagues and management. Thanks for the feedback regarding total compensation.

5. COVID-19

"Great Culture and Career Growth"

Current Employee - Compliance Manager

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture: DocuSign has an extremely supportive culture that is generated from the top down. The executive leadership, like most companies, gives plenty of lip-service to a desire to have happy employees. DocuSign is one of the rare businesses where leadership follows through on that desire. In just the last year, during COVID, we've had a couple of impromptu employee appreciation holidays. We've had multiple rounds of funding for building out WFH infrastructure which has made the COVID experience a bit easier. During the summer, our leadership stood firmly with BLM. One example was giving employees Juneteenth off as a company holiday. This was an impressive acknowledgement of the duality of American history by celebrating the emancipation of slaves in the same way that we celebrate our independence from Britain. This, along with a number of different workshops and guest speakers centered around understanding bias and diversity demonstrate a firm commitment to creating an inclusive culture. It seems like every company-wide discussion has a section committed to our various diversity and inclusion initiatives. Career Growth: DocuSign is growing quickly. Whether it is through new products / acquisitions or entering new markets, there are a lot of opportunities to develop new processes and learn new skills and compliance frameworks. Compensation: Above average as is typical of the tech industry. Other benefits, such as the fitness equipment stipend, have made the COVID experience much more manageable. The key is that work-life balance is attainable in DocuSign. Leadership is committed to employee welfare, of which work-life balance is a key component.

Cons

There aren't many downsides specific to DocuSign. The rapid growth of products, acquisitions, and markets has certainly been challenging to keep up with. Despite the challenges, as stated above in the pros section, the rapid growth has created plenty of opportunities for professional growth.

January 6, 2021Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for writing such a detailed review. This really helps candidates decide if DocuSign is a place where they would like to work.

6. COVID-19

"DocuSign"

Current Employee - Associate Corporate Counsel in Seattle, WA

I have been working at DocuSign full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company culture is great- really pay attention to the employees during COVID and work from home.

Cons

Hard to advance in career and difficult work/life balance

January 24, 2021Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for writing a review. And thanks for all your work. I have been working closely with different teams in legal and am so appreciative of their thoughtful guidance. It's good to hear you feel supported during COVID-19. As the annual performance reviews are around the corner, we would encourage you to have a conversation with your manager about your career path and work/life balance. Hopefully the new ticketing system for Legal will help pace the projects.

7. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at DocuSign full-time

Pros

Work life balance is great

Cons

Working from home long term at the moment

January 24, 2021Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am tired of working from home as well. Charlotte and Amoy are working with leaders across the company on how to increase the diversity on our teams and inclusion. If you have any ideas, please reach out to them.

"Baffling"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer

I worked at DocuSign full-time

Pros

DocuSign is very empathetic and provides employees with work life balance emphasis. Releases are also very slow, so there isn't much stress in trying to deliver in a timely manner. DocuSign engineering is also very political - so it is also very easy to dodge work by playing politics. It's a great place if you are looking for a 10-5 job, don't care about technical growth, and make a career out of politicking with other B-player engineers and managers. The stock is also doing well, so you can expect something cushy if you do end up working there.

Cons

As I read through the 5 star reviews from engineering, I can't think of how DocuSign can seriously be a 5-star place from an engineering perspective. The tech stack is severely outdated and everything is monolithic. All the main services have different release cadences which makes it a nightmare to release new features and bug patches in a timely manner. There is also a very silly "change request" form and a "release form" that need to be filled out and ironically are done through the DocuSign product that gate the release process. I found this to be very ineffective, as these forms usually took a long time to be approved, and didn't stop the number of fires and rollbacks on a frequent basis. As another reviewer also has mentioned - DocuSign believes in reinventing the wheel when it comes to tooling. Everything from deployment tools, monitoring, test automation, feature flagging, and other infrastructure was done through poorly written home grown tools. It's a joke how any engineer can grow their technical skills here - personally speaking, I spent more time politicking in meetings than coding, which is why I regret having been at DocuSign for so long. DocuSign engineering also has a culture of blame. Instead of solving problems together, people have this bunker mentality to blame other teams or individuals for fires rather than actually work together to prevent these things from happening. It goes to show how silly this place is. I recommend only coming here if you are looking for work life balance above everything else, if you want to do your engineering career a favor, look elsewhere.

January 25, 2021Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Though yours was a more difficult review to read, we appreciate you sharing your experience. Thank you for also sharing that you find our culture empathetic and that you had a good work/life balance. And yes, we are grateful for our stock performance. We have shared your review with the SVP of Engineering, Tom Casey. One of our priorities is to continually improve our own business processes. So thank you for sharing your detailed perspective on the change request process. We wish you the best in your next adventure.

"Couldn't be happier"

Current Employee - Market Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at DocuSign full-time

Pros

I joined DocuSign earlier this year, as the company transitioned to a remote environment. Since then, I have been blown away by the level of support and accommodation that everyone -- leadership to management to colleagues -- have shown. The onboarding was well-communicated and organized. I can't recall ever contacting a colleague about meeting to learn something new, and they weren't totally willing to help. One thing I love here is the transparency -- Dan and Joan answer every question in real time during all-company calls. We published our diversity numbers on our website a couple of months ago. We were recently given a personal day off to avoid burnout. The product itself is great and continues to evolve. The work can be fast-paced (probably a result of the growing demand of digital solutions), but work-life balance is phenomenal. Nothing but positive things to say.

Cons

None - keep supporting new hires and add to an already amazing product.

November 12, 2020Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing

What I love about this review is that you share how you can reach out to anybody and they are willing to help. And you are right: this company is very transparent. Dan and Joan are completely open to answering any question. And you like I am very happy to take advantage of the "office closures" for 3 days over the holidays in December. I need to unplug.

10. "..."

I worked at DocuSign full-time

Pros

great work-life balance and benefits

Cons

a lot of change in a growing company

November 5, 2020Snr. Director, Employment Brand Marketing