Doe-Anderson Reviews | Glassdoor

Doe-Anderson Reviews

5.0
Todd Spencer

1. "There is tremendous opportunity to contribute at all levels with an open door no matter your position."

Former Employee - Account Management in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Account Management in Louisville, KY

I worked at Doe-Anderson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Respect as a valued team member with encouragement to excel and shine.

Cons

Executives give you the reign to run business. You are responsible to keep your superiors involved and up to date. Really a great thing. Take the opportunity to get superior's advice and make them look good always.

Advice to Management

Mentor your teams cross functionally to flourish amazing growth!

2. "the epitome of class and professionalism"

Current Employee - KY Kentucky in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - KY Kentucky in Louisville, KY

Pros

true devotion to quality in all aspects -- work, client relationships, interagency dynamics

Cons

The same that plague every ad agency on the planet

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

3. "Loved my experience at Doe-Anderson - the perfect place to start a career!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at Doe-Anderson full-time

Pros

*Smart, talented, capable, and hard-working co-workers and leaders
    *Good diversity of clients, unlike other agencies in town who "hang their hats" on one or two big clients
    *Excellent opportunities to grow and learn as a young professional
    *Positive work environment
    *Excellent internship program
    *Top agency in Kentucky and one of the top agencies in the region (in my opinion)

I absolutely loved my time at the agency and the people I worked. I started my career at DA and learned so much while I was there - it really set me up well for success. My supervisor was fantastic - one of the most impressive people I've ever met. The people really make Doe-Anderson special.

Cons

*Like many agencies, the pay is low for entry-level or junior employees.
    *Little opportunity for advancement/promotions - quite simply, Doe-Anderson just isn't big enough to move up the ladder as fast as most professionals would like to.

The main reasons I left were that I wanted to work for a bigger company that had more opportunities for advancement and the pay. The pay, which is in line with agency standards as far as I know, was low. I had to move on to another (better-paying) opportunity/industry because I just couldn't afford to keep working at the rate I was - especially not if I hoped to have a good standard of living at some point. But that being said, Doe is an excellent place to get some great experience and I wouldn't change a thing about my own experience.

Advice to Management

You've made great strides in the past few years - keep doing what you're doing. Nurture your junior-level employees and consider paying them more so they won't be tempted to look elsewhere.

5. "Great people, great clients, great environment"

Former Employee - Vice President, Director of Intereactive in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Vice President, Director of Intereactive in Louisville, KY

I worked at Doe-Anderson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved the people and the environment at Doe. Very supportive of new ideas and encouraged me to grow into a larger role. The opportunity reshaped my career. And the creatives there inspire everyone. Smart folks.

Cons

Agencies are agencies. Lose a big client, a few folks will get laid off. But that's not specific to Doe, that's every agency. And some people aren't fond of the juggling a lot of balls at the same time approach. But at Doe, you do a lot with a little. It works.

Advice to Management

Develop a better work-life balance policy to enable staff to recharge and not be overburdened with work as much?