Dogtopia Reviews

Updated Sep 9, 2020

3.3
Dogtopia CEO Neil Gill
Neil Gill
Pros
  • "You get to work with dogs of all breeds, you can bring your own dog for free and get boarding at a discounted rate(in 24 reviews)

• "Get to play with dogs all day, the staff were very nice, you fall in love with your regulars(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "They don’t take our concerns seriously even though we’re the ones in the playroom all day(in 10 reviews)

• "The person who took my spot didn’t bother to mop up the pee or pick up any poop(in 9 reviews)

1. "Best place ever"

Former Employee - Director in Athens, GA

I worked at Dogtopia full-time for more than a year

Pros

All of them are good

Cons

None of them are bad

2. "Highly recommend Dogtopia"

Current Employee - Franchise Owner

I have been working at Dogtopia full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dogtopia is well managed and provides great support for the Franchise Owners. They are handling growing pains well and understand what is relevant to be successful if you own one or multiple locations.

Cons

As one of the fastest growing franchise businesses available there are growing pains but management does everything they can to support owners and help them be successful. Changes made have a distinct reason and continue to position stores to provide the best product to the market.

Continue reading

3. "You get what you put in"

Current Employee - Shift Leader in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Dogtopia full-time

Pros

Advancement, help, knowledge. The more you work and not slack the more you get out of the job and the management

Cons

Stressful at times, co-workers not coming in or leaving without notice.

4. "SOUTH AUSTIN- Wonderful place to work, but be aware each location has different owner (franchised)"

Current Employee - Front in Austin, TX

I have been working at Dogtopia full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great co-workers, lots of dogs, customers are generally nice, good location, management is AMAZING

Cons

Hours and pay are low, not a lot of opportunity for growth, so far no benefits for hourly employees

"An amazing place to work and grow with the company"

Former Employee - Customer Care in Manassas, VA

I worked at Dogtopia full-time for more than a year

Pros

My experience at Dogtopia of Manassas was absolutely incredible! I worked here for almost two years and wish I could have stayed longer. Management offers a lot of room to grow with the company and all the resources you need to become knowledgeable on not only the company itself but everything about dogs health, safety, etc. The owners are wonderful and truly care about every single dog, staff member, and customer. They consistently go above and beyond to accommodate anyone that they can and always strive to ensure the customer's happiness along with the pup's safety. One of the biggest perk's of working here is being able to bring your own dog with you to play in the playrooms through out the day. My dog absolutely loved this and I never once worried about her safety or health while she was in the playroom. All of the Canine Coaches are very well trained and knowledgeable on dog behavior, and give the pups so much love all through out the day. Working here, I looked forward to coming to work every single day; I would seriously get so excited to come to my JOB!! You don't find that many places, but Dogtopia will surely be one of them. Overall, this is an amazing place to work and I would recommend to anyone! I speak so highly of Dogtopia because I have seen first hand the incredible experiences and opportunities that this company brings you. This will forever be my favorite place I have ever worked!

Cons

The only negative thing I have experienced here is when the facility reaches capacity and we have to turn dogs away (for the dogs safety). But that says enough about the facility itself :) Overall, nothing negative to say about this place - I still bring my dog here because she loves it so much, and I'll continue to do so :)

"Manassas, VA - Overall a great place to work!"

Former Employee - Room Attendant in Manassas, VA

I worked at Dogtopia part-time

Pros

I'm pretty shocked to see these other reviews as I had such a pleasant experience working at Dogtopia of Manassas! I worked here part time while I was studying at a local university, and management was very accommodating of my school schedule. I felt that I got plenty of training on the job as well as support from coworkers in order to provide the best care for the dogs under our supervision. I believe that management always staffed appropriately for the number of dogs in each playroom, and I never once felt that any dog or staff member was put in an unsafe position. We followed a daily schedule for the dogs as far as play time, meal time, and nap time which kept things very consistent for the dogs, as well as a strict cleaning regiment that ensured the dogs were in a clean and safe environment. The owners are great to work for, very knowledgeable about dogs, and I feel as though they take an interest in each dog, customer, and staff member that walked into their establishment! Overall, I believe this is a great place to work and to bring your pet dogs!

Cons

I truly don't have anything negative to say about Dogtopia in Manassas or the people that I worked with. I really enjoyed working here as I finished up my college classes!

7. "Fun & Rewarding Job"

Current Employee - Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Dogtopia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Loved working with animals and their pet parents. Always get to see happy faces when customers come in and there is always something to do.

Cons

Wish there was more time to play with the pups.

8. "great enviournment"

Former Employee - Playroom Attendant in Bethesda, MD

I worked at Dogtopia part-time for less than a year

Pros

Hang out with a lot of dogs

Cons

Will be standing for a long time

9. "Great place for students"

5.0

I have been working at Dogtopia part-time

Pros

flexible hours and fun job

Cons

Pay and no matching 401k plan

10. "Owner"

I have been working at Dogtopia full-time

Pros

Care for staff and customers. Best in industry.

Cons

Working exclusively with dogs all day is a challenge.

Found 158 reviews