Doherty Enterprises Reviews

Updated Feb 26, 2020

4.3
Doherty Enterprises Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Ed Doherty (no image)
Ed Doherty
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours, managment turnover can be high at times(in 10 reviews)

• "Doherty Enterprises has no cons(in 9 reviews)

1. "The people company"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Garden City, NY

I have been working at Doherty Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

You feel welcomed and valued. They spare no expense in your training and developement. Doherty takes care of their employees.

Cons

No set schedules,cant just take off the same days every week .

Doherty Enterprises2020-02-26

March 13, 2020Director of Recruiting

Hello, We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you value how much we invest in training. Its important for us to set you up for success and provide the tools you need for your role. I would suggest you speak to your supervisor about your days off, we try to be flexible to accommodate scheduling requests based on the needs of the business.

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at Doherty Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being part of a close knit team everyone works together. It’s nice to be part of a company that cares about their employees.

Cons

Have not experienced any yet.

Doherty Enterprises2020-02-26

March 13, 2020Director of Recruiting

Hi There! Such nice comments about teamwork. Thanks for taking time to let us know.

3. "Quality of Life"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Doherty Enterprises full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Professional colleagues - Benefits - Flexible schedule to enable quality of life - Quarterly Bonuses - Paid vacation - Room for advancement

Cons

- High Turnover - Understaffed - Labor is relatively harped on due to drop in sales - Constant price increases which in turn can cause a decline in customers

Doherty Enterprises2020-02-25
  4. "Tough Job"

2.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Doherty Enterprises full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay is decent, benefits are nice.

Cons

Hours are awful. They tell you 50 when you are hired but you get shamed for leaving work after your 10 hour day. Upper management completely disconnected, they set goals with no idea how difficult it is to attain them in the modern restaurant industry. General Managers work the bare minimum of 2 closing shifts a month while expecting Assistant managers to work 3 closing shifts a week. The restaurants do like 60% of the business at night and GM's are nowhere to be seen. Area Directors very rarely pop by the restaurants and (lets just be honest) could not care less what happens to the Assistants. HR doesnt care about how difficult it makes it to punish employees. In general, I feel like Doherty is a job for people with limited opportunities elsewhere, cause the pay and benefits are really good. But everything else is really awful.

Doherty Enterprises2019-12-26

January 2, 2020Director of Recruiting

Hello, It’s nice to hear that you find our pay and benefits are really good, taking care of our team members is always top of list. Our culture is very important to us and we will look into your other comments and will effectively address where needed. We never want our team to feel anything less than wow’d, so it’s unfortunate you feel this way. If you would like to reach out to us directly to discuss further, please call 1-866-364-3789 and select the option for HR to express your concerns, or you can use our Resolve It hotline.

5. "Challenging position, Worth it as a stepping stone"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Doherty Enterprises full-time

Pros

Good benefits, bonuses, flexible schedule, learn a lot

Cons

Pay isn't as competitive as it used to be, managers hours are also counted into associate hours so managing a shift can be challenging in certain ways. Training does not take into account real life situations, upper management lacks "finger on the pulse" mentality.

Doherty Enterprises2019-12-19

December 22, 2019Director of Recruiting

Hello There. Its wonderful to read your pros that include benefits, flexible schedules and that you learn a lot. Training is very important to us and that is why we support it with 8-12 week training programs, so you are set up for success upon taking on your manager role. Please reach out to your Area Director or our HR team to discuss your concerns, we'd love to understand a little better so that we can look into it further. Enjoy the Holidays and thanks for taking time to leave a comment.

6. "The Best!!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Okeechobee, FL

I have been working at Doherty Enterprises full-time for less than a year

Pros

Doherty has made the management experience so easy and enjoyable.

Cons

This is the restaurant company that you want to work for!!!

Doherty Enterprises2019-11-19

November 20, 2019Director of Recruiting

Thanks for this wonderful feedback. Happy to hear of your enjoyable experience.

7. "Amazing company to work for."

Current Employee - Senior Kitchen Manager in Delray Beach, FL

I have been working at Doherty Enterprises full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Doherty truly cares about their employees. Great benefits matching 401k.

Cons

There are none at all.

Doherty Enterprises2019-10-07

Such Wonderful Comments!!!

8. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Manager-In-Training in Manahawkin, NJ

I have been working at Doherty Enterprises full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

l’ve been with the company for 11 years and worked my way up from a host to an MIT. I have my past GM to thank for helping me move up in the company because the amount of support from the management in this company is one of a kind. I just recently completed the MIT training program (yesterday!) and it was a great experience. I felt like I learned a lot and am ready to start my transition into my new store. My favorite thing about this company is the Wow a Friend foundation. During my training, an employee who had really been having a rough time received a check from the foundation and her reaction was priceless . It’s things like that which make a company stand out.

Cons

I can’t really find any.

Doherty Enterprises2019-10-08

January 2, 2020Director of Recruiting

Congrats on completing MIT training! Glad to hear it was a great experience. WAF is pretty special too, it speaks volumes to the people who make Doherty a Great Place to Work! Best of Luck in your new position!!!

9. "If Ed only knew what his hard work has turned into."

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Doherty Enterprises full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay was competitive, at first.

Cons

Bonus plan used to be good. It was tweaked so much, it became difficult to attain goals. Area directors were NEVER present. They avoided cafes when audits were due, to distance themselves from any culpability. Some area directors have inappropriate relationships with some managers and it is too obvious to those that actually have experience and ideas.

Doherty Enterprises2019-11-07

November 8, 2019Social Recruiting & Talent Strategist

Wowing our People is always a number one priority at Doherty. We will look into your comments and appreciate your feedback.

"Great Company Culture!"

5.0

I have been working at Doherty Enterprises part-time for less than a year

Pros

Doherty is an extremely friendly work environment! People are very willing to help with any questions as a new employee and open to new ideas. Although I am a new employee, the group has treated me with a lot of respect and value.

Cons

I do not have any cons for working at Doherty.

Doherty Enterprises2019-07-17

July 18, 2019Director of Recruiting

Thanks for this wonderful feedback!

Found 143 reviews