Doherty Enterprises Reviews
81% would recommend to a friend
(213 total reviews)
91% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Decent benefits." (in 16 reviews)
- "People are great" (in 12 reviews)
- "The home office staff is friendly and helpful." (in 9 reviews)
- "Coworkers are friendly" (in 8 reviews)
- "Great training program for new hire MITs and supervisors,very through they make sure you know what your doing before letting you on field to your own store,fair breaks during training but no breaks after trainings over (I'm personally ok with out break) days could be long based in 9" (in 6 reviews)
- "The pay was awful and mistakes were made frequently, which resulted in getting shorted on money." (in 12 reviews)
- "poor management with applebee's" (in 8 reviews)
- "This is especially concerning after I heard myself another manager say a staff member tested positive but to not say anything to anyone." (in 7 reviews)
- "long hours and late nights" (in 6 reviews)
- "Upper management completely disconnected, they set goals with no idea how difficult it is to attain them in the modern restaurant industry." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Doherty Enterprises and is not affected by filters.
Found 213 of over 233 reviews
Updated Nov 24, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Sep 24, 2023Restaurant ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNorth Port, FL
Feel appreciated. Good training programs. Managers that care. Decent benefits.
Haven't found any yet to note.Doherty Enterprises Response3mo
Awesome to hear! Thanks for sharing!
- 5.0Sep 6, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee
They offer competitive pay. Easy application process. They follow up with your training process.They offer great incentives .
No downside working for this company.Doherty Enterprises Response3mo
Thank you for your positive feedback!
- 5.0Jul 28, 2023AGMCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
A great supportive environment and a training program designed for success. Lots of fun caring people working hard to make the guests experience a wow
In a leadership role it is very difficult to find high caliber people to add to the teamDoherty Enterprises Response5mo
Hello! Nice comments, thank you for taking time to share your feedback. Always appreciated!
- 5.0Apr 28, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Great training program for new hire MITs and supervisors,very through they make sure you know what your doing before letting you on field to your own store,fair breaks during training but no breaks after trainings over (I'm personally ok with out break) days could be long based in 9-10 hours 5 days a week as full time Mngr from co workers to upper management HR everyone is willing friendly respectful which makes long days go by breeze .Good company good benefits ,compensation could be better for most part.
So far none if you like what you do there will be no consDoherty Enterprises Response8mo
Thank you for your feedback we appreciate your time in doing so and will share your feedback with the team.
- 1.0Sep 20, 2023Manager In Training (MIT)Current Employee, less than 1 yearPunta Gorda, FL
Great training team and staff.
Terrible hr and corporate structure. The labor numbers are unrealistic and that's your bonus. Any company that bills themselves as family is a huge red flag. I got covid at the restaurant I worked at and was fired for it. This is especially concerning after I heard myself another manager say a staff member tested positive but to not say anything to anyone.
- 4.0Sep 6, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Very friendly and welcoming management team. Great working environment. Business Support staff in the training department and the HR department are always available for any questions I may have.
Turnaround time for background checks on potential new employees takes too long and we lose the candidates.Doherty Enterprises Response3mo
Nice to hear your positive feedback and that you felt welcomed and supported by our teams. Please feel free to reach out regarding your comments around background checking, we are always here to assist and I would love to look into this for you.
- 4.0Aug 20, 2023ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearGarfield, NJ
Some weekend days off. Above industry pay. Affordable healthcare through company. Great management teams. Great training.
Promos can add extra stress to kitchen but it’s manageable Long hours on feet (10 hour shifts)Doherty Enterprises Response4mo
Hello. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Its great to hear all of the positive comments about scheduing, training and that we offer above industry pay and great healthcare benefits. We will share your feedback on the promos with our leadership teams.
Doherty Enterprises Reviews FAQs
Doherty Enterprises has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 233 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Doherty Enterprises to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
81% of Doherty Enterprises employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Doherty Enterprises 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.