Dojo Reviews

Updated May 11, 2022

Found 329 of over 416 reviews

4.2
Dojo CEO and Co-founder George Karibian and Jan Farrarons (no image)
George Karibian and Jan Farrarons

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Used to be a great people company that looked after its staff.(in 35 reviews)
  • "Great culture and work balance.(in 30 reviews)
  • "The training is excellent and you are made to feel that you are an integral part of the company's journey.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Great team and good banter within team to keep motivated.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Pay is good, and OTE is uncapped so the harder you work the more commision you make(in 9 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great place to work

Mar 7, 2022 - Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teamwork, pay, hours, work load, management

Cons

The company is still new and growing

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great environment to work in

Oct 9, 2019 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative and challenging place to work.

Cons

Has the rush of a growing organization.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Felt lied to from the beginning

Aug 15, 2016 - Businesses Development Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest pro for me was the friends I made. There were some stand-up people that I met and became friends with. Potential to make lots of money.

Cons

From the very beginning, they tell you that there is a small base plus commission. This is a blatant lie, because it is all commission. They pay you your base if you are barely hitting target. They give you three tiers. Bronze that's where you get your basic salary, silver, and then Gold. So if you're bronze or don't hit your target then you are given your basic, keep in mind that this is considered an offense even if you are in probation, hitting your target wasn't enough, they wanted you to blow it out of the water even with little to no experience, if you don't you are eventually let go. If you hit silver or gold your basic is calculated on to your commission. You definitely can make a whole lot of money here, but you almost have to be shady to get to gold status. This was one of the worse experiences in my sales career that I have ever experienced.

8 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0

A

Mar 28, 2018 - Partnership Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The business culture here is one of a kind. Management is supportive and provides team and individual incentives which keeps moral high during the quieter months, creating healthy competition amongst teams. The company strives to push boundaries within its industry, working in an agile environment allows the business to truly listens to its clients and end customers, shaping the way they do business through genuine feedback.

Cons

Kitchen is too small, other than that, no complaints

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Jun 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment and plenty of opportunities to change positions within the company.

Cons

Long hours and lower pay than competitors.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

One year in and a great place to contribute

May 6, 2022 - Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Teams (or squads at Dojo) have a high level of autonomy and so day-to-day is defined within the team. It's great to see the product used in real life and I see many of our card machines at shops and restaurants. Each time I tap my phone or card on one of our terminals I get a real sense of pride that I helped that happen. With the growth of the firm there are plenty of opportunities to move and advance career goals. In general people are great at listening to requests for help and will help affect change where it is needed.

Cons

With the autonomy also comes the need to consider the wider group (tribe) and firm and work out that your decisions are really helping the direction. Sometimes this can be hard and keeping squad context doesn't come for free.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

100% a great place to work!

Apr 11, 2022 - Communications Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I feel very lucky to work for Dojo. I could list out the many benefits - such as the amazing offices, free coffee, fitness classes, market-leading pay, flexible work, the many engagement initiatives in the office, the list goes on. But the main thing for me is that I have never worked for a company that genuinely cares about and listens to its people, and acts upon their feedback. And not just those in senior roles - but everyone is given the opportunity to have a voice. I have also never worked with such a smart, hard working, inspirational, supportive and just genuinely nice bunch of people! The Talent Acquisition team must be pretty great at their jobs!!

Cons

Dojo prides itself on having a high performance culture and a workforce who are “comfortable with ambiguity” - and this does mean always going above and beyond, working long hours, being thrown in the deep end, and at times feeling out of your depth. But despite this I have not once felt unsupported - everyone is always happy to offer support whether it’s in their remit or not. This hard work is also recognised and rewarded.

Dojo Response

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts - it’s awesome to hear how much you’re enjoying your role at Dojo. We’re continually striving for diverse teams at all levels, and recognise the value this brings to our company at a senior leadership level. We know there is more for us to do, and it’s a big priority for us as a business. One of our People Team KPIs is to increase diversity within leadership positions, and we’re working on a number of initiatives to help drive this. If you’d like to be involved or have any ideas, please reach out to a member of the People team.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Brilliance, arrogance, youthful inexperience, hypocrisy.

Apr 27, 2022 - Product Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

In the main the culture is outstanding. Talented people - unashamedly hiring some really top notch talent with great attitudes and behaviours. And mostly extremely welcoming. When things are going well, life at Dojo is unbeatable.

Cons

They preach 'radical candour' but do not practice it. So when the going is good, life at Dojo is good. But management are poor at receiving or giving criticism, and leadership have narrow views. Expect problems to be handled badly or squashed without discussion, and do not expect to be treated respectfully or with moral integrity if something is not right.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 1.0
    Former Employee

Bad to Good to Bad

Mar 30, 2022 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Money - the pay is amazing (or should it be compensation for having to deal with so many toxic people). Office - probably the nicest working space in London. Again money talks. .Free coffee bar - barista coffee at the free coffee bar in the office

Cons

The good product thinking people get bullied and pushed out by 'executives' who think they are the only smart people in the business and have to make all the decisions but are so far away from what's really happening its a joke. A very 1990s mindset where the highest paid person in the room must know best and if you have a different view you don't last long. But this will never change as the business is a licence to print money due to the sales team being amazing at selling. Super successful business pretending to be something its not, and that's OK just stop pretending and be honest about how you want to run the business and make decisions. It used to be bad, then got better with protection and input from the previous product lead and has gone from bad to good to worse than ever with the recent changes.

Dojo Response

Chief People Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased that you loved our workspace, and indeed our sales team have been achieving incredible results. That said, I am really disappointed to hear about your experience. Modern product thinking and empowering our product teams to solve problems for our customers has been, and will continue to be, a critical part of our success as a business. However, there have been some big changes in the business recently, particularly in the product team, and accept there is still a lot of work to be done. We really do value all of our people so we take your comments incredibly seriously and will be working with our people team to look into it in detail. If you would like to get in touch with me or a People Partner to confidentially share further details of your experience please feel free to do so. We will also continue to support our product teams as we go through the next stage of growth and the challenges that rapid scaling brings. Thank you once again for leaving the review; we all wish you the best of success in your next role.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Self-employed without the benefits!!

May 11, 2022 - Business Development Manager in Glasgow, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unable to think of any

Cons

Why work here as a self-employed BDM? So you can pay everyone else sitting in the office in London's salary.......seems fair You go out, graft and generate sales - to literally give away. Then you are 'managed' in much the same way as an employee "Worst of both" Then there's the product- it isn't a Dojo - it was created in 2019 (over a year before 'dojo' existed) - it's a PAXA920 produced by a company called Optomany. If you want to be a self employed broker - be one - this job is not that

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 329 Reviews
</>Embed

Dojo Reviews FAQs

Dojo has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 416 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at Dojo to a friend and 81% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Dojo employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Dojo. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

84% of Dojo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Dojo 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Dojo to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Dojo Job Seekers