Cover image for Dole Food Company

4.2
Dole Food Company Chief Executive Officer Rory Byrne
Rory Byrne

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good Benefits and Great Working Environment(in 13 reviews)
  • "very good chance to stay and people are nice(in 8 reviews)
  • "Flexible Company, Good Pay and Benefits(in 6 reviews)
  • "Competitive salaries(in 6 reviews)
  • "I enjoyed the responsibility and I had a great staff.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Sep 28, 2022 - Sales Associate in Monterey, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was so much fun working with Dole

Cons

Dole has no flaws that Im aware of

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Underpaid workers

Oct 2, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Monterey, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible management, schedule. Employees care about the company

Cons

Work during the weekends, overworked

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Place to Work

Sep 21, 2022 - Category Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Offers Great Management and collaboration!

Cons

Vacation time for seasoned 'new' employees could be better

Dole Food Company Response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you are enjoying your time at Dole. If you’d like to provide further feedback, we would love to hear it. Please feel free to email us at Corporate.Human.Resources@dole.com.

4. 1.0

Package Handler

Sep 11, 2022 - Care Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment was peasent and co employees where very helpful and friendly to me and

Cons

Not SOILD WRIK SCHEDULE AND HOURS ALWAYS,(CANCELED OR NI WROK AVAILABLE company want employees to call and check in to see if they had availability in work hours. Floor Management was very down to earth and was very high in work ethics.

Dole Food Company Response

Thank you for sharing your experience at Dole. We value all our current and former employees' feedback, so we would truly appreciate learning more about your time here and how we might improve. Please feel free to contact HR to discuss anytime at Corporate.Human.Resources@dole.com. We wish you the best.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Company

Aug 1, 2022 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent peers locally and worldwide, work-schedule is fine, payment is decent, is good to be working at one of the largest players in the market.

Cons

Not much opportunity for growth, at least in our country. Most of decisions are made by one person.

6. 3.0

Fun

Jul 23, 2022 - Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

fun to gain work experience

Cons

might be very stressful sometimes

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Health oriented company with growth potential

Jun 21, 2022 - Finance Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health conscious. Fitness gym on site. Growth potential. Good benefits.

Cons

Siloed and divisionalised. No stock benefits.

8. 5.0

Great

Jun 15, 2022 - Security Officer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work everyday

Cons

Great long hours to do

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Outdoors

Jun 13, 2022 - Bus Driver in Salinas, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great active gig outdoors environment

Cons

Time/hours inconsistent Pay could be better

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Run run eun

Jun 19, 2022 - Sanitation Worker in Bessemer, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only half decent thing bout the job is ur pay check which is by weekly

Cons

Cold, organized, management sucks, DNT traun you rean backward

Viewing 1 - 10 of 144 Reviews
</>Embed

Dole Food Company Reviews FAQs

Dole Food Company has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 169 reviews left anonymously by employees. 86% of employees would recommend working at Dole Food Company to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Dole Food Company employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Dole Food Company. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

86% of Dole Food Company employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Dole Food Company 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Dole Food Company to be compensation, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Dole Food Company Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Dole Food Company? Share Your Experiences

Dole Food Company logo

Affiliated Companies

Dole Food Company Careers

Cover image for Dole Food Company

Eating right is an important part of your life. We are dedicated to the highest quality standards, providing people nutritious, farm-fresh...More

• Careers
  • Benefits
  • Diversity
  • Why Work For Us

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

16 days ago

Company News
At Dole, we have been farming organically for over two decades, while executing positive impacts in local communities, biodiversity efforts, soil conservation, and greenhouse gas emission reduction. Learn more about the Dole’s Organic Program and how it supports our mission through agricultural innovation and industry leading research and development: https://lnkd.in/djfVtByQ
Shared image

24 days ago

Company News
Last week, we recognized Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina and Food Lion at the Plaza in Charlotte as our Healthy Hometown Heroes for August! Both organizations provide food and supplies to Charlotte’s most vulnerable, working to end hunger and food insecurity in the community. Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina serves 24 counties in the Carolinas and, in 2021, they distributed over 82 million pounds of food and household items to over 950 hunger feeding agencies including emergency pantries, soup kitchens, senior programs, shelters and low-income daycares. Food Lion at the Plaza in Charlotte has helped to provide more than 970 million meals to individuals and families since 2014 and is committed to donating 1.5 billion meals by 2025; an absolutely incredible commitment. Congratulations to Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina and Food Lion at the Plaza in Charlotte! ​We are honored to work with you to help reduce hunger in our community.
Shared image

Dole Food Company Photos

+ Add Photo
Dole Food Company photo of: SkilledTradesDay as we celebrate the day and #NationalSaladMonth
Dole Food Company photo of: Dole at Big Sur Marathon
Dole Food Company photo of: Dole at Big Sur Marathon
Dole Food Company photo of: Supporting ​those getting more produce into foodservice and restaurants recent graduates from the Community Culinary School of Ch
Dole Food Company photo of: Classroom event honoring Dole 1st grade Healthy Heroes
Dole Food Company photo of: Dole Healthy Heroes Prize Pack

Driscoll’s Logo
Driscoll’s

4.3

Compare

Glassdoor has 169 Dole Food Company reviews submitted anonymously by Dole Food Company employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Dole Food Company is right for you.