Dole Food Reviews | Glassdoor

Johan Lindén
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Director"

Former Employee - Director in Davao (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Director in Davao (Philippines)

I worked at Dole Food full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company care for people, environment, community and ptoducing consistent quality products. Gives excellent benefits especially for management staff.

Cons

The company deals with agricultural products and therefore its operations are affected by extreme weather conditions.

Advice to Management

Look for more areas to cultivate and manage agricultural production to attain a year round of consistent volume and quality of raw materials. There are still opportunities in the agricultural and industrial operations.

2. "Family Oriented, Traditional in some areas; (Polomolok, Philippines)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Polomolok (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Polomolok (Philippines)

I worked at Dole Food full-time

Pros

Sense of Family; Events and Employee Relations Programs; Polomolok; Shopfloor Experience or Exposure; Very sweet people; Diversity; Humble and great managers, Opportunity to learn

Cons

Some people are complacent and others feel entitled; Others are resistant to change; Working Hours (7am-6pm), It sounds okay at first but if you have been in the company for years, you wouldn't notice how much you have missed with your time for your children and self. There are several employees particularly mgt staff who would be single till they retire because of this work time set up too.

Advice to Management

Management Staff should be allowed to tour the company or have an event where they are forced to know others and experience interviewing others from different divisions or different ranks to encourage camaraderie and foster unity. Onboarding Process should be strengthened, skipping rules on employment will only cause chaos (this is the reason why even in sales, people should rush. rules are rules). Speed up processes rather than cheating on them - this would hurt other divisions. All employees should know the basic process of Dole's General Operations (who would receive what, etc.). Perhaps, not all would understand that. They know the dos and donts in the floor but they may take things for granted if they don't understand them. HR should make sure all trainings are monitored and feedback should be made useful. If talent loss can't be prevented, at least the HR has the tool to convert the training investment to ROI, an output, a commitment or knowledge retention program rather than a training bond.

3. "IT Professional"

I worked at Dole Food full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Healthy Products for Consumers

Cons

Technology utilized by the company is dated

4. "Labor"

Pros

You get money, not a lot but what do you expect for a summer job of labor.

Cons

Very hard and biased, supervisors give the easy jobs to their friends while we pick up the scraps.

Advice to Management

Make the work easier

"Line"

I worked at Dole Food part-time

Pros

Very hard work.
    HR people Very nice, with an exception of one guy there. Very rude, however the ladies there liked him...

Cons

If you have connections you will advance, if not, you are done.
    I don't want to work for Dole ever again..

"Summer Intern Dole"

Pros

The staff at Dole was incredibly friendly, and everyone was more than willing to get me involved on projects throughout my internship.

Cons

Hours were long, and the work could sometimes be demanding. Depending on the department, some would work much longer than others.

Advice to Management

Large discrepancies in treatment of workers depending on their level. Needs to be more equality i work quality, especially among those performing manual labor versus those in the office.

7. "good brand"

Pros

support strong brand and healthy producs

Cons

location is in san fernando valley

Advice to Management

focus on longer term initiatives

8. "IT Operations"

I worked at Dole Food full-time

Pros

Great group of professionals. Healthy cafeteria and daily had fresh fruit/vegetables juiced. Absolutely stunning Corporate office that is fenced in with the most beautiful red roses

Cons

Under paid and overly slammed with work

Advice to Management

Provide bonuses or added incentives for working a job meant for two people inside of one.

9. "Base wage, hard work"

Former Employee - Summer Support in Wahiawä, HI
    Former Employee - Summer Support in Wahiawä, HI

I worked at Dole Food full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gain experience in food service and retail at the same time, a lot of exposure in the tourism industry. You'll become an expert at making a perfect ice cream cone. The company is fairly well run.

Cons

Work is very physical. A lot of restocking and dishwashing. Constantly moving and standing, which can be difficult if not used to it. Very little opportunity for promotion. There is a large stagger between management and workers.

10. "for me dole company is good,all that we have now is from with it.so im very much thankful of that."

Current Employee - General Utility in Polomolok (Philippines)
    Current Employee - General Utility in Polomolok (Philippines)

I have been working at Dole Food full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

dole is for me all benifits we gather,costs and salary on time,employee sides first.healthy and hospitalization is free if you are an employee.

Cons

dole is good comparing in other company..we love dole.we grab all our opportunities,lifestyle,benifits,insurances..

Advice to Management

more business more quality for d good of costumer..it is d good provider.