Dollar Tree Reviews in Orlando, FL | Glassdoor

Orlando, FL Area

Dollar Tree President, CEO, and Director Bob Sasser
Bob Sasser

Pros
Cons
  • Minimum wage, not many hours 13-18 if lucky (in 123 reviews)

• If you are part time u don't get alot of hours but if u are a hard worker and awesome with customers in time u could possibly get more (in 109 reviews)

"Not all stores are the same"

Current Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Dollar Tree Cashier in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Dollar Tree part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ive had experience working at 3 different stores, All Store Managers have been friendly to me. Stores are run very differently.

Cons

but you have Store Managers that even though she smiles, she only cares about making money without much staff. She doesnt train the staff in iLearn. I never got trained, I was just put in a register, been working part time for a few months and Im just getting trained at a new store. I feel like I dont know much when people ask me where is this, where is that. Im a great cashier but some assistant managers or store managers wont let you count your register. They use an old device that weights the money.

Stores are understaffed and some assistant managers dont even know how to do partial payments. There is an assistant manager at one store that doesnt even know how to process checks and gossips about everyone.
    The new store is organized and clean while older or bigger stores are filthy an unorganized.

Advice to Management

Train properly your employees by the book.
    Allow non management employees to work full time, specially good employees.
    Its ridiculous that only management gets to work full time.
    Walk your employees through every aisle of the store so they learn where stuff is.
    Get good vacuums to clean the front rug, Dollar tree makes enough money.
    Hire plenty of people so the store is organized and clean at least one day out of the week.
    Organize the office.
    Dont expect to have only one cashier available and also give a cart full of go backs to do.
    Have a break room for employees with microwave at least.
    Have someone as security watching people specially in big stores, you cant expect to only have two people working the whole store specially if its the biggest store out of all of them.
    Invest more in working than gossiping.
    Dont bring your personal problems to work.
    Listen and act on employees suggestions specially if they are good.

2. "A lot of work for little pay"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at Dollar Tree full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty to do to keep you busy throughout the day.

Cons

It's a lot of work. Even though you are an operations manager, you are spending most of your time stocking shelves and unloading freight from trucks. Most of the time you are understaffed and it is just you and 1 other employee in the store.

Advice to Management

Change your price points and focus more on training and customer service.

Showing 2 of 1,987 reviews