DollarDays International Reviews | Glassdoor

DollarDays International CEO Ronald C. Pruett Jr
Ronald C. Pruett Jr
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Drive and Passion not a 9 to 5"

Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DollarDays International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A great work environment, from the great office view of Camelback Mountain to the company events/outings the work environment compliments the culture and mission.

Cons

A new employee must be passionate about themselves and the work they do if your just looking for a calm desk job you may feel overwhelmed at times. Management provides guidance to ensure growth and a smooth transition into the high-speed sales position.

"Who got a bonus for these positive reviews!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

You can get away with a lot. No one really knows what they’re doing so go with the flow.. not a good environment if you’re actually trying to accomplish something though..

Cons

Management all hates each other and is very vocal about it.
    ITs a bad environment and work life culture... you will have anxiety working at this place hearing the constant gossip and failure of projects.. there are also a lot of people let go for no real specific reason or probation period... it’s scary.

Advice to Management

The frequent change is due to you all not collaborating. You all have your own vendetta and will smile in each other’s faces then call meetings with your team to express how horrible the other team is... it’s old and is helping the company NONE.
    -Customer service needs more people. A 3 person team for a world wide company is insane!
    -Accounting, very nice, helpful.
    -Sales bring in the bucks. Great people. Just want to have the company succeed.
    -Account managers, are handheld throughout the day by their manager with a title of director. They expect the marketing and merchandising team to know their accounts and how to grow them... definitely NOT a business Development or account manager position but they have excellent lunches at their desks.
    -Merchandising has the potential to be merchandising but instead are buyers and stuck spending days on spreadsheets and vendor scores.
    -Business Development is actually the marketing team. They have client meetings, bring in new business and pass it along to sales. They create the campaigns and sales calendar while the account managers sit with their hand out for something to do.

Jun 28, 2018

We’re sorry to hear about your negative experience working at DollarDays but thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to build an environment of collaboration at all levels, so we’re addressing your... More

3. "A Great Culture and Awesome People to Work with!"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at DollarDays International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part about DollarDays is the people you get to work with. They are all happy, passionate and excited about what we do. It's great working for a company that supports nonprofits and cares about their employees. They often buy us lunch or host holiday celebrations.

Cons

There's been a lot of changes lately but it seems to be change for the good of the company.

Jun 28, 2018

Thank you very much for the amazing feedback about our company and employees. We couldn't agree more, we believe that we have the most incredible team that has a real passion for helping nonprofits... More

4. "Yikes."

Former Employee - Support in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Support in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at DollarDays International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was thrilled how welcoming the sales and customer service is. Their sales, operations team, and CSAs are truly one of the nicest, knowledgeable, and the most helpful group of people. This is where you would want to stay if at all possible. The manager that oversees this group is approachable, knows how to make the day to day fun and remains professional while doing so. This area of this company is very much “ a family “ and loves what they do. They add so much value to DollarDays and this shows in their work. This group continues to welcome new hires with open arms and will go above and beyond in doing so. Dollardays sales agents specifically, do great work with both local and national non profits.

Cons

Slightly confused about the past few reviews as these are a highly inaccurate perception of what it is actually like to work for DollarDays. This company is about 15+ years in “tech debt” and is barely scratching their way out of it. The only position that truly has “ job security” is the only software dev that works there and works with only old dev stacks..This is like a start up (lots of “change” nothing/barely anything to do with software or work flow processes) with out any of the perks of actually working at a true start up. Massive lack of communication and their new ceo is severely disconnected with the actual work place as this individual is not on site on a regular basis ..... if you are a female 35+ years old with a family, you would fit in great, as this is the primary demographic that works here............. I would never suggest any younger people to work here, nor would I ever recommend any local software devs, freelancers, or digital marketing professionals to work for this company. ..... safe to note, that the cons mentioned are not reflected of their sales/customer service area of the company. Handful of these individuals create a toxic work environment as they regularly speak poorly of current employees and former employees (who have great value to the company , have been with the company for a long time and exceed in their roles) ..... If you do get an offer from this company proceed with caution... do not do more than the job title entails, have them actually include that in your offer letter/have them highlight what you specifically will be responsible for.... Oh if you like to take 1.5 to 2 hour lunches I don’t know if this would fall under the “pro” category.

Advice to Management

Provide your CSAs and Sales agents with more incentives. Would not suggest creating an “open door policy “ if this actually is not implemented. Utilize the skill(s) your employees present to you and if actually utilized, provide the appropriate compensation. When hiring try to create diversity. Provide a work environment that encourages collaboration and listen to employee ideas. Loop everyone in (this company is small company..........) don’t keep people in the dark. People like reassurance and do not like feeling as if the rug can be pulled up from underneath them at anytime..... Emphasize the value your employees bring and the work that they do. Create an employee on-boarding process...

Jun 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We’re thrilled to read such praise for our service team, as it’s truly the cornerstone of who we are and speaks to our passion for our customers. We have realized for... More

"Love it"

Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DollarDays International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was lucky to have this job find me, everyone here including the new CEO is just amazing! They actually care about you as a person, and value you as an employee.

Cons

I don't think I would change anything

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Things are definitely moving in the right direction.

Feb 9, 2018

Thank you for your recommendation!

"Good place to work"

I have been working at DollarDays International full-time

Pros

Company is quickly growing and there are many opportunities for advancement.

Cons

A lot of changes, but that is part of a growing company.

Feb 9, 2018

We're always looking for great new employees. Thanks for sharing that we are growing and hiring awesome new teammates!

7. "Be careful"

I worked at DollarDays International full-time

Pros

It could be a good company

Cons

Management from top down is out of sync. Growth is hard with internal chaos.

Advice to Management

Retire the CEO.

8. "Growing company with opportunities!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at DollarDays International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

DollarDays is a small but growing company - with a new direction, there seems to be a lot of momentum. There's been a lot of work done over the past few years to bring good people who want to see the business grow - after some rough years there's a really strong company culture in place. The new office space is a huge improvement!

The company also supports a lot of non-profit organizations - which can be very satisfying & fulfilling.

Cons

The systems that the company uses are outdated - there's been an effort lately to improve them but they do cause a lot of extra/manual work. There was also a rocky leadership transition earlier this year which wasn't handled very well which caused a lot of distractions...but as of late the company does seem to be doing a better job communicating to employees.

9. "President/CEO"

I have been working at DollarDays International full-time

Pros

Progressive Aggressive Internet Marketing Company

Cons

You get your report card everyday

"Bad Leadership"

Former Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at DollarDays International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interesting platform. Office location is nice.

Cons

Owner and several managers are a joke very bad communication the I know it all mentality ends up burning vendors employees and customers to the point they leave. Stay far away from this place Marc Joseph does not care about you he just wants you making money for his pocket.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Your people are your asset.