Dominion Dealer Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Jack Ross

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good people, creative freedom, and laid back (in 5 reviews)

• The people working the trenches that have been there a long time are good people to work with (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No office to work in, forced to work from home (in 3 reviews)

• Senior management comes from a print and window sticker background (in 4 reviews)

"Great Company, Benefits Could Be Better"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Fantastic Culture; very relaxed, everyone is very friendly and willing to help. Great feedback from management and more senior level employees.
    - People actually care about the products that are made and supported here.
    - Tech stack is as modern as possible.
    - Fairly flexible schedule; remote work is an option, office hours are flexible as long as you're available during "core" hours.
    - Good compensation.

Cons

- Vacation policy; 2 weeks Vacation starting out, no option to rollover PTO days year to year.
    - Insurance could be better
    - Office needs updated.

Advice to Management

The culture shift here is happening more slowly, but it's moving in a very positive direction. Keep doing what you're doing. Consider better employee incentives.

Aug 21, 2017 – Director of Strategic Marketing

Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. I appreciate your taking the time to provide this insight and will share this with our senior leadership team.

2. "Overall Good"

Current Employee - Graphic Artist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Graphic Artist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people, creative freedom, and laid back.

Cons

Small spectrum of work, repetitive work.

Oct 30, 2017 – Director of Strategic Marketing

Thank you for your response. I'm glad you enjoy working with your colleagues. If you're interested in expanding your exposure to new projects or have ideas about how to improve our dealers... More

3. "Heading in a poor direction"

I have been working at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time

Pros

People are great, some of the projects are really fun and exciting.

Cons

Company and leadership are taking the company in a horrible direction.

Nov 20, 2017 – Director of Strategic Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Please contact me at any time if you wish to discuss them in more detail in a confidential manner.

"Not Happy"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Westerville, OH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Westerville, OH

I worked at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Insurance is better than expected. Most of the pros of working here were the managers that have been let go or left on their own. Time off is decent.

Cons

They put people in charge of projects and departments that know nothing about the product they are in charge of. Have always taken way to long to bring new products to the market and then half the time they don't work as they should. Want you to let the customers know about the new products coming out and after you do they tell you they are not going forward with it. They don't pay well at all and raises are miniscule. 2% per year is ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Don't micro manage so much. If you have someone doing a good job leave them alone to do it. When they do a great job you should advance them not just pile on more work and say thanks for helping out now show me how much more you can do.

Aug 6, 2017 – Director of Strategic Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I will make sure our management team is aware of your concerns.

5. "Lot of potential but some serious flaws"

Current Employee - Acct Representative
    Current Employee - Acct Representative

I have been working at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and the compensation is competitive

Cons

My training has been pretty bad. Im paired up with a guy who has a million other people to attend to and he has also done this for a long long time and takes a lot of the dealership knowledge for granted. I feel like i have to ask a million questions he just isnt very clear or organized in his approach. Im sure he is great at what he does, but i want to be PREPARED so i can do well and not mess up any of these 50,000 dollar cars.

maybe get a specific person who trains??? I dont know. Im going to stick it out but i have left work frustrated quite a few times and we are just starting.

I also have no idea whrn they are gettinflg another company car, it could be months or a year and driving the co. car was part of why I applied, so i could stop putting miles on my own car. Ive been assigned a route super far from my home and i would like a set timeframe. I will update my score as time goes on if i stay with the company. leaving it at 3 for now

Advice to Management

Training and routr assignement could be better.

Jul 13, 2017 – Director of Strategic Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy to look into your concerns with your training. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at jennifer.sanford@drivedominion.com.

6. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

DDS is a great place to work as a developer. The development management chain is full of great and inspirational leaders who do a great job of empowering and developing the employees in the department. The benefits at Dominion are very good. The office environment is excellent.

Cons

Compensation could be more competitive in general.

Advice to Management

Investigate ways to invest more in the employees.

Jun 26, 2017 – Director of Strategic Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. Please make sure you to share your ideas with your supervisor. And, you can always reach out to me if you have any questions. Thank you again for your review!

7. "Operations"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some benefits except for Medical

Cons

Objectives are lost and senior management make bad decisions most of the time

Advice to Management

Change COO and make sure objectives are clear company wide

Jun 26, 2017 – Director of Strategic Marketing

I am interested in hearing more about your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at jennifer.sanford@drivedominion.com to discuss your ideas. Thank you.

8. "Not a bright future"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are good people.

Cons

The company is not responding to the changes in the market fast enough. Very competitive marketplace; high of monthly fees built in and software products do not work well. Updates to these software programs are too slow in coming.

Advice to Management

Put more more resources behind software development.

Jun 21, 2017 – Director of Strategic Marketing

It sounds like you have some important feedback regarding the software that you represent. Please share your insight with both your supervisor and your product team. I hope that you will find... More

9. "Account Representative"

I have been working at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time

Pros

Company provides great number of Benefits

Cons

None that I know of yet

10. "Great Company, Low Salary"

Former Employee - Web Developer
    Former Employee - Web Developer

I worked at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time

Pros

-Great technical exposure
    -Family-like development team
    - Worked with a lot of cool technologies

Cons

-No office to work in, forced to work from home
    - Salary was well below industry average

Apr 23, 2017 – Director of Strategic Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at Dominion. We are pleased that you were able to advance your technical skills while working with us. I hope it enhances your career... More