Dominion Dealer Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Management fights for you and listens to any concerns
    + Products are top notch
    + Product Management available to contact
    + Service Team is constantly improving
    + Training is always available and refreshers
    + Vacation Time and Holidays to be around family

Cons

- Initial training is a bit long

Jan 12, 2017 – Director of Strategic Marketing

Thank you for this feedback. I am delighted that you are thriving in your sales environment. Good intel about Training. Please feel free to share this with your supervisors as well. If you have... More

2. "Operations"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some benefits except for Medical

Cons

Objectives are lost and senior management make bad decisions most of the time

Advice to Management

Change COO and make sure objectives are clear company wide

Jun 26, 2017 – Director of Strategic Marketing

I am interested in hearing more about your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at jennifer.sanford@drivedominion.com to discuss your ideas. Thank you.

3. "Not a bright future"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people are good people.

Cons

The company is not responding to the changes in the market fast enough. Very competitive marketplace; high of monthly fees built in and software products do not work well. Updates to these software programs are too slow in coming.

Advice to Management

Put more more resources behind software development.

Jun 21, 2017 – Director of Strategic Marketing

It sounds like you have some important feedback regarding the software that you represent. Please share your insight with both your supervisor and your product team. I hope that you will find... More

"Awesome place to be"

Current Employee - Website Administrator in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Website Administrator in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love that the company supports a very balanced work/life environment, There is a lot of room for advancement and a chance to get involved in exciting projects nearly every month

Cons

All companies and roles have their cons, this one is not any different however, the pros far outweigh any cons I could think of. The one that I think would help job seekers would be the "entry level" roles certainly will not make you rich, but there is so much room for advancement that if your goal is to go in and stay a while, it will be worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep pulling from your internal talent pool and giving your employees the chance the learn and grow. Your moving in the right direction!

Nov 28, 2016 – Director of Strategic Marketing

Thank you very much for your comments and feedback. Good insight about internal promotion. Thank you!

"Solid Company Transitioning to a Brighter Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked at DDS for a little over a year. A lot of changes have occurred and things are shifting toward the better. There is tremendous opportunity to deliver great apps into the market and lead the industry. The door to excel in your career is wide open, nobody gets in the way of that. Solid support from leadership, with a real commitment to making positive change is in motion. There is an organizational movement to define and embrace "what good looks like" in all areas (process, products, culture, personnel). Work / Life balance is great.

Cons

Certain product offerings (not all) are heavily reliant on proprietary technology platforms that are inflexible and are tough to work with; as a result, product innovation is somewhat stymied by the proprietary platform constraints.

Advice to Management

Re-Evaluate the proprietary platform solutions.

Jul 8, 2016 – Director of Strategic Marketing

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions regarding our platform. It sounds like you are a positive change agent on your team. Keep presenting your ideas! If you have any other questions or... More

6. "Solid Tech Company with Great Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Dominion Dealer Solutions has been a true blessing for myself and my family. The growth potential and educational opportunities have been tremendous. I have grown in many ways since joining Dominion. On top of that, the work life balance has been great! I find myself working just to help the company succeed and not because I have to or am asked to. Additionally, my direct boss has been one of the best mentors I have had in my career. Whether you are at a senior level or a junior level, Dominion can provide a great amount of opportunities and challenges for you.

Cons

As with any company, staying up on technology, changes in the market, and changes in the economy can be challenging and Dominion is no stranger to these challenges.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and push the culture of continuous improvement across all facets of the company - from development to sales to marketing and leadership. Never stop improving.

Jul 8, 2016 – Director of Strategic Marketing

Thank you for your positive comments! Your attitude about continuous learning and development is tremendous. The only way we can succeed is if you can share this attitude and commitment to learning... More

"Great entry-level job for designers and young professionals to gain experience"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dominion is a great place for recent grads to get experience working in a production-oriented environment. The deadlines are fast, but not as stressful as other design jobs. For the most part, everyone in Marketing Services gets along. Also with the introduction of a few new products, it's possible for employees to switch jobs internally quite easily.

Cons

Depending on the department, and especially true for graphic design, there aren't enough opportunities for advancement in my opinion. Working on some of the newer products like PRIME, you definitely have that, but designers are mostly out of luck. In my experience, the promotions typically come from switching departments/products, or leaving the company entirely.

Advice to Management

Listening to your employees is just as important as listening to your customers, they have a lot of great insights that could help take the company in new directions. Additionally, advancement is very important to a lot of employees, and many leave because the opportunities aren't always there. Be honest with employees up front, and never loosely promise the potential opportunity for leadership.

"Photographer/Field Rep"

Former Employee - Photographer in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Photographer in Akron, OH

I worked at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to enjoy the weather, if you enjoy being outside. And they comp you for your gas. Paid training. Work by yourself.

Cons

Everything is disorganized. From management, to coverage for vacations/illness, to clients. The training process is lackluster -it completely relies on the other competency of other field reps to train the new hires, and no time is spent with management. You are reprimanded for errors you never learned to avoid, or existed. Nothing is clear. The route will take you all over the map, with more time rushing between dealerships than spent actually accomplishing work. Their communication during training is weak, and their training all together is substandard.

Don't even get me started on trying to actually make money without sacrificing every ounce of your personal time. "You don't have to work weekends!" That's right. You don't. Unless you want to bring home any sort of reasonable income -then you do. And over time.

The technology and gear they use for the job is absolutely sub standard and easily broken or damaged. "Fancy" yet fragile, awkward point and shoot camera's and slow, hindering computers. Neither of which are suitable for the environment in which they are being used. Large, cheaply made printers to print ugly, poorly designed stickers. The company phones are from the early 2000's flip phones and they almost never ring because management only wants to email or text you -which takes approximately 20 years because of t9 texting. But oh man, don't miss a phone call or prepare to have your head ripped off. Even though you'll be balancing a camera, computer, dozens of keys and then the bulk/inconvenient cell phone.

Advice to Management

You need to figure out how to streamline your reps and completely reform your training methods. And for the love of God, invest in some professional equipment. It was SO embarrassing that nearly all the dealerships were using DSLR's and we had my grandpas "point n shoot".

Jan 7, 2016 – Director of Strategic Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback to the company. Your comments regarding training and equipment are very insightful and helpful as we manage change in this organization... More

"Good company gone terrible."

Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Technical Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

The benefits package is very reasonable. Three weeks of vacation is obtained at 3 years and while this has been good, many companies in the area are starting to offer 3 weeks up front, which is leaving DDS behind. The insurance costs vs. benefit is one of the better I have had. The last pro is that if you are just starting out in the industry then this is a good place to get your first job and cut your teeth. It is relatively easy to get hired if you have your act together.

Cons

The pay is horrible for what is expected of you. I have never had a job where it was so hard to move the pay scale while putting in so much effort and being on top of the heap of employee quality. Recognition involves a pat on the back if you can get it. Most people who walk in the door as an employee get their initial job experience and bail to better paying pastures.It has become fashionable for management to laud people who have taken on entire second positions in the company for the same pay. There is a massive push to do more with less without any compensation to the employee. Management is this companies own worst enemy. While some improvements have been made it is still very bad. Employees try to maintain a culture that upper management only gives lip service to. There is some potential to move around in the company but it is far more of a lateral move than an upward move. Still, if you want to learn a new skill then it is a good place.

Advice to Management

You train and lose excellent employees to other companies due to low pay and unreasonable expectations. STOP IT! DDS has so much potential and you all continually throw it away. Massive efforts by employees to foster client relations and poof, the employee is gone and the frustration for the client is they have to start all over with a new person.Seriously, if you want to get the company out of the gutter invest in your people. While cash isn't the #1 reason for an employee working for a company it is WAY more important that you think it is!!!

Nov 23, 2015 – Director of Strategic Marketing

Thank you for your candid feedback – both the pro’s and the con’s. Your concerns will be shared and discussed. I am sorry we did not speak with you before you left the company. Best wishes to you... More

"Quality"

Former Employee - Quality in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Quality in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Dominion Dealer Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location of the building.
    dreams deferred!!!

Cons

THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED!!
    it was bad - the management was not fair. The management had favorites. Employees that were the managements favorites were allowed to use profanity all the time. Work was not given out fairly. managers were never on time but expected all employees to be.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the happy happy fake laughing!

Nov 23, 2015 – Director of Strategic Marketing

Thank you for your feedback. Although you are no longer with our company, we will look into these issues and do our best to correct the situation for current employees. I’m sorry we did not learn... More