Dominion Enterprises Customer Service Reviews | Glassdoor

2.2
Dominion Enterprises President, Chairman and CEO Frank Batten Jr
Frank Batten Jr

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The executive team creates a great work/life balance, fun and hard working atmosphere (in 26 reviews)

• Able to work from home when available (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • I enjoy my colleagues and senior management (in 46 reviews)

• Management has bad track record for new hires (upper management) (in 40 reviews)

"Take Care of Your Employees & They Will Take Care of You!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Co-workers
    Relaxed Work environment
    Very Flexible
    Charitable
    Free Parking
    Great Location
    Fun atmosphere

Cons

Low wages
    No pay raises
    Health Insurance is not the best
    Management does not take kindly to suggestions when given by employees
    No On-going Training
    Management has bad track record for new hires (upper management)
    Does not look within current staff for open positions

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and they will take care of you!

Apr 1, 2016 – VP/Management Development, Training, Recruiting

I'm glad you posted and I'd like to spend some time visiting with you regarding training opportunities. We have a complete learning platform available to you. Go to DEUniversity.com or access DEU... More

2. "Cust. service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Everett, WA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job offers very good health ins. benefits.

Cons

Erratic management style. Poor tech support.

Sep 18, 2017 – VP/Management Development, Training, Recruiting

Hello and thank you for your post. We're very interested to hear about your experience in your market. I invite you to call our Human Resource department and provide more details referenced in this... More

"Customer Service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Dorado Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Dorado Hills, CA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

big company, other profitable divisions carrying the one I worked for.

Cons

management seems clueless... promotes friends within company, not those best qualified. DMS software is broke, development in Thailand by those who do not know the powersports dealership business they are developing for. Very buggy... does not do accounting, so link to Quickbooks, which provides zero detail, duplicates payables, manual process to posting.

Advice to Management

Focus on your advertising strengths, cut your DX1 losses, get out of the DMS business.

Apr 25, 2017 – VP/Management Development, Training, Recruiting

Thank you for your post. Since your departure, our product offerings have expanded as we continue to deliver an exceptional customer experience and a robust solution within the powersports industry... More

"Customer Service/Support Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Surrounded by talented people
    Team work is encouraged
    Casual dress code
    Fun work Events
    Monday - Friday schedule
    Paid Holidays
    Paid Sick time
    New employees start with 2 weeks paid vacation
    FSA account option
    yearly raises awarded (This is also on my cons list because the increase is typically small.
    Great leadership from upper management
    Occasional bonuses

Cons

Lower than average wages

Health care benefit package is available but not very good. All costs are paid out of pocket until deductible is met. So, unless you've met your deductible, if you go to the Dr for a minor ailment, such as strep throat, it could cost over $100.00 out of pocket. (combined with the lower than average wages this makes it very difficult to afford to see a doctor)

yearly pay raises are small (I included this in both lists, because some companies do not give a yearly pay raise.)

High staff turnover

Advice to Management

A nice work environment, great leadership here, improved wages and health care would make it better.

Mar 6, 2016 – VP/Management Development, Training, Recruiting

Thank you for taking time to post. I invite you to talk to someone in our benefits department. There may be other medical/dental options that fit your needs. You can make any changes during open... More

"Harder you work the more they take raise your quota"

Current Employee - Administrative Sales Customer Service
    Current Employee - Administrative Sales Customer Service

I have been working at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, some flexibility, communication okay with upper management and supervisors. Paid holidays, paid vacation, flex spending accounts and dependent care flex spending.

Cons

Management operates by fear and intimidation
    Zero accountability in their actions.
    You are only appreciated in the moment you do well.
    Management lies to get points across.
    Management makes decisions with no thought process behind them not thinking forward of what outcome could be.

Advice to Management

This is for The Senior Management Team: please take the time to really find out the truth about how some divisions are being run and stop relying on a survey that employees who are managed out of fear and intimidation are too afraid to even fill out! If you want to know what is really going on you aren't going to get the truth emailing a survey.

Feb 2, 2016 – VP/Management Development, Training, Recruiting

I am interested in hearing your perspective. Will you take time to meet with me?

"I am honestly surprised this company is still in existence..."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Norfolk, VA

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best pro about this company is its location, also there was a lot of flexibility given with personal life but I honestly think that was because of my particular manager.

Cons

This company needs to work on their business practices which are so undefined you truly are in a state of confusion at all times. Management needs to be reconsidered in regards of qualifications and consistency. It seemed to be that everyone around me was content on doing things haphazard, wrong, without any kind of communication with other teams in which their job was dependent on a goal getting met...there was never any questions asked, just a team of frustrated and confused workers doing things the way they have been told even if it made no sense. New systems were implemented without in plan in place. The worst factor was the moral of the company. Between the blame game and petty and unnecessary dislikes going on, it made for a very tense environment.

Advice to Management

IF this company doesn't fold with the next couple of years, I would suggest management (QUALIFIED) get in a room and do a total overhaul of their business plans.

"Only focused on sales team."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Dominion Enterprises full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, photography, mileage paid, independence

Cons

Acted as sales assistant, always short end of stick

Advice to Management

Facilitate a better team environment

"A soul crushing experience."

Current Employee - Customer Service in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Everett, WA

Pros

Excellent benefits package. Fairly flexible with time off, unless management wanted to use denial of time off to punish you for anything they could think of...and they did.

Cons

Management and supervisory staff were completely inept, self serving. Three of the local office's top managers had never had any prior work experience. The computer system is so bad it actually created work rather than helping streamline it. Data is frequently lost and in spite of presenting proof of the data being entered and confirmed, the employee would be reprimanded. Management set quotas to be met or dismissal was threatened. When the quota numbers were tallied several employees were told they were not meeting quotas. When the employees were able to prove that they had, in fact, actually met those quotas, management basically said " oops, guess we were wrong". Unfortunately their tallying methods had been used to dismiss 20 to 30 employees who trusted that management was being honest. In the end it was just a way to reduce staff because of declining customer base. The customer base declined because of inconsistent rules, prices, computer functions and very poor contact options.

Advice to Management

This is the real world. You may think that by hiring low wage employees that you can pull some unethical tricks. Be aware, some of those employees just may be a lot more experienced, knowledgable, and savvy than you are or are giving credit. You may be what you consider to be a "big fish". But remember, your piece of "the pond" is a very small piece, and the actual pond has real executive managers who look down at you the same as you looked down on the "little fish" in your section of your little pond. And every pond needs cleaning before it gets emptied.

"KEEP YOUR RESUME POSTED - HOPEFULLY THE NEW OWNERS WILL BE BETTER"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Norfolk, VA

Pros

Working M-F, no weekends, great location. I enjoy my co-workers, the environment is great

Cons

I worked in 1 department and applied for a few positions internally and some wanted me to accept the promotion without a pay increase since I made more than what they were willing to pay. Internal candidates for positions are sometimes based on who you know or if your manager knows the person doing the hiring. Maximum pay increase is 3%, some may try to get you more then the normal 3% but takes a minute and almost like you have to write what the employee did above and beyond. 3% is nothing to a person making 24,000 a year. The medical and dental benefits...payroll deductions are expensive.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and stop thinking that their way is the wrong way. Also when splitting a company figure out the best way to do the split to avoid trying to sell it after purchasing a 56 million dollar building. Than you do not have to worry about why employees are looking elsewhere, its called job security. We do not have it at Dominion especially since you are trying to sell it. No guarantee that the buyer is gonna keep the current divisions. Communicate with us about the status of the company even if it has not sold, don't let us find out in the newspaper. Than when other departments are laid off, those employees had no clue they were being laid off and you cancelled their health insurance not recognizing that they may have small children on the insurance. You do not realize in less than week that you are considering laying off employees and than a few days later after the rumor they are laid off.