Dominion Transmission Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Intern"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Dominion Transmission as an intern

Pros

Stable, I really just want to meet this twenty word minimum, the people there are pretty cool, feel like I worked on significant projects

Cons

it can get a little boring sometimes if there is nothing to do, the pay is not the best out of all the different oil and gas companies

Advice to Management

Need more projects

2. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Engineer in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Dominion Transmission full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Pay, Good Benefits, Interesting work, and competent management. I have been with the company for more than 10 years and have no plans of going anywhere else before retirement.

Cons

Lots of travel required. No overtime pay for salaried employees even though overtime id required to complete projects with tight deadlines. New hires do not get the complete range of benefits that existing employees get.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and continue to expand the business through acquisitions and expanding the pipeline into new geographic areas.

3. "Not worth the headache"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Clarksburg, WV
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Clarksburg, WV

I worked at Dominion Transmission full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable employment . good benefits. Just like family (literally)

Cons

If you liked the stupid human tricks of high school, You will love it here

Advice to Management

Hey bubba, wake up!

5. "line worker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I worked at Dominion Transmission (More than a year)

Pros

good company with great benefits

Cons

tough conditions during winter and rain

Advice to Management

give special perk during winter

6. "work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, PA

I worked at Dominion Transmission (More than a year)

Pros

Moderate pay scale, benefits in the middle upper range, exists in mostly rural areas which allows a lower cost of living, paid holidays.....

Cons

As with all corporations safety and environmental have taken over the way that labor and industry function. Here safety is to be labeled number one and a supposed open talking piece but dont you dare bring safety concerns to the forefront that is management status talk. Room for growth as a career is non existent and the dumbing down of america truthfully exists here. If all your after is a paycheck this is the place to be....

Advice to Management

Take heed of the potential of people to become something great within your organization, give employees who want to perform their trade or job tasks the forward mobility to do so without fear of failure or demeaning them. Provide training and trade associated skills for those who want to better themselves and by all means do so for the sake that you can afford to do so here you may realize as peoples careers evolve so may their moral!!

"Sr. Land Agent"

Former Employee - Senior Land Agent in Murrysville, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Land Agent in Murrysville, PA

I worked at Dominion Transmission full-time

Pros

Reliable employment, for the most part - good people, steady work, well positioned with underground natural gas storage and transmission pipeline facilities.

Cons

Flat organizational structure, not enough truly experienced qualified people in some sectors of "middle" management. Lack of adequate staffing - some Manager can't keep with with e-mail activity and therefore can't function as effective managers!

Advice to Management

Develop a program that monitors employees action time on receipt of emails. I personally fell victim to a backlog of over 200 unread email by my boss because of his lack of direction and it ultimately lead to a $2.5M fiasco and my decision to retire early! To this date he fails to recognize how his in-actions contributed to situation. This situation turned my retirement which should have been a joyous occasion into the worst day of my almost 36 year career (interrupted twice by downsizing of Dominion's predecessor) into the worst day of my career! By the way I plan on returning the plaque they sent men in recognition of my 12 years of service. To me it should read "Thirty-five Years of Interrupted Service", especially since the first 23 years were with CNG (their predecessor) and involved the same assets and facilities they now own!
    Sour grapes? Maybe but it's not like the first 23 years didn't happen!
    Don't look for their CEO on undercover bosses, those people usually wind up doing acts of kindness for valued employees no to them!