Domino's Pizza UK Reviews | Glassdoor

Domino's Pizza UK Reviews

Updated March 28, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Flexible hours with a minimum of 3 shifts per week (in 24 reviews)

• Discounted food, free food, customer service experience, use of integrity (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Forced into doing odd jobs around the store, when it is quiet I get paid 5 or 6 pound an hour to do the work of someone getting paid minimum wage (in 24 reviews)

• Overall unsociable hours, very low pay to start with little opportunity for a pay rise, can be kept long hours (in 23 reviews)

1. "Store Associate"

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*You will learn new things regarding pizza making ofcourse

Cons

*Not that much to earn since you will have varied number of hours to work

2. "alongside my other job i also work at dominos doing in store and delivery work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i enjoy delivering to customers and fulfilling customers needs. it keeps me busy and makes me work hard which is what i enjoy

Cons

unfortunately the hours are quite unsociable as often work late evenings and nightshours

3. "Decent job"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Nelson, Wales (UK)
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Nelson, Wales (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Driving and meeting new people
    Away from store on your own when on delivery
    Fuel allowance
    50% off food

Cons

Meeting new people
    Unsociable hours
    It's a car killer
    Closes

Advice to Management

More money would be nice 😁

5. "Average"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Malling, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Malling, England (UK)

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, good staff overall with colleagues of a similar age, lot of interaction with people, some opportunities for more responsibility

Cons

Advice to Management

Trust employees more, don't overwork during busy times, allow more training opportunities, hire more staff for peak times

6. "It's what you expect"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, England (UK)

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK part-time

Pros

I was a delivery driver part time over the holidays for some extra cash. The job says driver but in reality you're a cleaner who occasionally delivers pizza. It really depends on your mindset, as the only skills you need is the ability to drive a car and wipe a surface. For me, sometimes it's easy money, other times it is frustrating and tedious.

Cons

Again depends on your mindset, which probably are derived from your circumstances. Evening work is better but you will be working late and weekends consistently and probably 4/5 days a week so your social life may take a slight hit

Advice to Management

To the employees as store managers, not much you can really do. My immediate bosses were hands on, fair and approachable.

7. "sales manager"

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Domino's Pizza UK (More than a year)

Pros

best reason to work in dominos pizza was that I interact with corporate sector for our offers

Cons

other think for downsides for according to me that I really enjoyed my work in dominos pizza was fantastic but licence of the company was revoked

Advice to Management

good management and proper work make the company and industry prosper

8. "Shift Manager"

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Feltham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Feltham, England (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (More than a year)

Pros

A Experience for Domino's Pizza in offering the highest level of service to clients.I enjoy the daily challenges while working within a diverse environment.

Cons

Looked after the company policies, and procedures, and ensure high standards of customer service
    Supervised the cooking zone, maintain the hygiene of the store for health and safety regulations. Solved problems or concerns to the satisfaction of all the customers.

Advice to Management

Monitored employee performance by conducting daily evaluations to ensure facility ran efficiently and effectively while providing guidance, feedback, and encouragement
    Ensured operational productivity goals were achieved by prioritizing assignments, problem solving, and directing the workforce in an ever changing warehouse environment.

9. "Dominos pizza"

Pros

Meet some great people, have fun while you work, good progression within the store. Discounts on food.

Cons

Owner and higher management would not employ more staff and even sacked staff just before tacticals then blame store management for poor performance despite every worker in the store putting in 40-60 hours a week. Frequently worked 16+ hours a day.

Advice to Management

Listen to the needs of the team members- if they say more staff are needed its cause they are.

10. "driver - Easy job, easy money. dreadful management"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Lancing, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Lancing, England (UK)

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

£1 per delivery cash in hand at end of night to cover fuel cost.
    Tips
    Very easy job
    Free food given out at times
    50% discount

Cons

No set finishing time - if it's busy you could be there for hours, if it's quiet you can be sent home whenever.
    Management is terrible, can't seem to make rota's properly, putting people on the rota when they've booked the time off and when stated you can't start before a certain time they still put you on the rota for earlier start (though to be fair it's always rectified when you mention it)
    Don't get told how to use discount if you don't ask.
    Don't get breaks
    Also don't get told about rules for receiving food if working certain hours.
    Chaos if it's really busy - being clocked out to deliveries before they're ready etc so it ends up being a free-for-all.
    Rota doesn't get put up until a few days before week starts and you're supposed to give a week's notice if you have to change your hours.

Advice to Management

Have a head-diver who deals with routing screen/clocking deliveries out to drivers and clocking drivers in again if it's really busy so at least 1 person knows what's going on.
    Have set working days to avoid people not being able to work because the rota only comes out 2-3 days before the week starts
    Let people progress up in ranks rather than making them do the job without the title (or pay) only to hire a new manager when you could've used the ready-made experienced staff that has proven themselves

11. "Good employers"

I have been working at Domino's Pizza UK part-time

Pros

Fuel reimbersed, Flexible hours, 50% staff discount

Cons

Unfriendly hours, late nights, rushed service