Domino's Reviews | Glassdoor

Domino's President, CEO, and Director J. Patrick Doyle
J. Patrick Doyle

2,625 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Puts alot of wear and tear on my personal vehicle (in 94 reviews)

• Long hours and lack of proper superior leadership (in 116 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Development Leader"

Current Employee - Development Leader in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Development Leader in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Domino's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are 5 Stars- Health Benefits with many extras, Life, Long Term, Short Term, cost is low with an optional Healthy Program to follow for discounts on benefits. It doesn't get any better than this in any industry. Great Vacation Benefits and additional days off "Dominos Days" are added above the normal Holiday Calendar. It really doesn't get any better than this! Employee Purchase Stock Options, matching 401K, the list of benefits is tremendous.

Culture- A fantastic place to work, I have never been a part of such a tremendous group of people who work together. You have to be a part of it to fully understand, it is truly special.

People Development- Several programs internally that will help you move forward in your career. This company believes in people and you will get the opportunity to advance.

Cons

I have None at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Domino's Pizza, Slave Labor In The 21st Century"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tempe, AZ

Pros

about once every quarter you are able to have "flexible" hours

Cons

horrible hours, low pay, lack of respect from management, I was a college student and was forced to work 60hours a week over finals week because upper management kept pulling people from our stores to help in others but refused to give me the help I needed

Advice to Management

Look at improving in store moral and look at ways to make the jobs more "fun" as you claim they are. Look for ways to accommodate the personal lives of your employees and more importantly when you advertise a "flexible" schedule you should not force people into working 20 hours of overtime.

"Customers are bad, pay is low."

Former Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Socorro, NM
    Former Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Socorro, NM

Pros

Free pizza. Other than that there is very little reason to want to work here. Some managers will try to stiff you for deliveries to improve their profit for the day.

Cons

Bad customers. Management is primarily made up of those who could never drive, no drivers license etc. They don't appreciate the difficulty of delivering pizza in poor weather to houses without addresses and people who won't answer the phone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Corporate management is raking in the dough, so they must be doing something right. Try working in a real store sometime.

"Working for domiNO!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Pros

Tips, if you are a driver and you are working friday nights and weekends especially holidays, you can easily make upto 15-20 an hour.

Cons

If you are working during the morning shift, you can go two-three hours without a delivery.
    You get paid around 5.75 an hour + .90 cents per delivery + tips. So if you don't have any orders you're making 5.75 and during that time you're not on a delivery you're doing tons of bending and scrubbing and cleaning for less than minimum wage.
    Lastly, if you ARE a driver, you have to use your own car, is the cost of gas, car insurance (may increase due to your job), tires, oil changes, etc worth the pay?

Advice to Management

Setup an in house car fleet so that workers will stick with the company for a much longer time and less people will quit.

"Top Ten Most Dangerous Jobs"

Current Employee - Delivery Expert in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Delivery Expert in Memphis, TN

Pros

Meeting new people and trying make customers happy, even when no matter how hard you try you never can. The friendships among fellow workers, not managment, but those on the "line" making pizzas, answering the phones and delivering the pizzas. The respect shared by us who are in the trenches doing the real work. If you have no family to go home to, or responsibilities outside of the workplace you can make it in management, but if you have a wife and kids, you'll be lucky to be able to keep the job based on its constant demands on time.

Cons

I've worked for Jason Shifflett, President of Shifflett Enterprises in Olive Branch, local Domino's Pizza franchises for the Mid South and Nashville, TN, for two years. I have been worked to death with nothing to show for my time as an employee. Last May (2009) one saturday i worked for 13 1/2 hours straight without a single break. No lunch break, nothing and was expected to continue working thru the evening after breaking store sales records in the number of deliveries taken, and the amount of money collected for the deliveries. Did I recieve any praise for the hard work and loyalty? No, I was only told to make sure i was at work early the next morning to start over again. Drivers don't even make minimum wage when minimum wage was rised, the job was reclassified to be nothing more than a waitress earning tips at the same time the economy went to hell and no one was tipping. The job as pizza delivery is number seven in the top ten most dangerous jobs and no one cares.

Advice to Management

Either start caring about the welfare of the core employees, the blood of the pizza delivey business or the day will come that no one will be willing to risk their lives to just get ungreatful customers their food. Being is a car wreak, being robbed or being killed isn't worth less than minimum wage.

"aviod at all costs!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Granada Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Granada Hills, CA

Pros

sometimes you can get free food.

Cons

was let go after only one week. I was only late for one delivery and even though i followed all the proper procedure and the customer still tipped me they gave me the boot. They secretly encourage their employees to speed and the pressure is just too much.. i refused to break the law for a minimum wage job that only gives you 2-3 hour shifts and almost always only on weekends..the they only pay $1 per delivery which doesn't cover the cost of gas and the tips dont help much either because half the people you deliver for wont tip you.

Advice to Management

go screw yourselves collectively!

"Bad Place To Work"

Former Employee - Programmer in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Programmer in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

Building Dominos in is nice and Dominos Farms is beautiful.

Cons

No raises. Micro management. Long hours on salary. Management in IT dept is terrible. Long hours -- no recognition. Male dominated - women have hard time moving up ladder. IT section I was in was a sweat shop and you work long hours under unreasonable deadlines. Management heavy. There were 5 managers for only 4 employees. Watch everything you do - you can't even make a personal phone call. No raises but have bonus program called TAD based EBIDTA. However, you don't get this very often and the people at the top benefit the most because it is based on your salary. Make you sign an arbitration agreement that you must use their arbitrator and can't sue them in order to work there. Overall bad place to work and I am glad I am out of there!

Advice to Management

Need to look at the IT Dept. and what they are doing to their employees. Interview some of the employees to find out what is going on. Surveys should have told you this because when I was their the employee surveys always came back negative. Management in this department needs to be scrutinized because of the way they treat their employees.

"My experience was not a good experience."

Former Employee - Delivery Specialist/Insider in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Delivery Specialist/Insider in Gainesville, FL

Pros

They provided plenty of opportunities to move up to Manager.
    Good quick way to make a little money.
    Many opportunities to get free food.

Cons

Not flexible at all with work hours.
    Very low pay.
    Very high job turn-over ratio.
    Very disorganized at Management Level.
    Poor communication.
    There is no motivation to work harder for the business.

Advice to Management

Increase Pay for all Employees.
    Increase the Training that a General Manager has to under-go.
    Utilize less computer-aided Training and more hands-on Training for all Employees.
    Show all Employees some form of appreciation.

"lame"

Current Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Lubbock, TX
    Current Employee - Dominos Delivery Driver in Lubbock, TX

Pros

cash every night
    free pies

Cons

management is terrible. expect way to much from employees making minumum wage. most of the money i make comes from tips,, not wage

Advice to Management

Quit being so uptight!

"Good friends, bad compensation, worse management."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Loveland, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Loveland, OH

Pros

I've worked at Domino's for several years now. I've really enjoyed working with at least a few of my coworkers. Food is free as long as it is counted from the inventory and my immediate manager is always really nice.

Cons

I hate selling that food to people. Calling out sick is frowned upon. No benefits and while *some* advancement is possible, the job only get worse as you move up. Low pay, raises are pretty unheard of. Three people at my store recently got a quarter raise and all have been there for several years with no raise in between. Upper management is very demoralizing, they will regularly stop by the store to speak privately with half the people working.

Advice to Management

Too many coupons gets real confusing, real fast for customers and employees alike. How about just having a reasonably priced menu for that McD's pizza you're doling out? Also maybe some benefits other than free food, maybe personal days or something. Also I would love for upper management to get critiqued a bit, maybe they shouldn't encourage expiration date tampering. Just sayin.

Showing 2,625 of 2,654 reviews