Domo Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Domo CEO Josh James
Josh James

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits, even after IPO, lots of future opportunities" (in 30 reviews)

• "Amazing free food, great pay, great experience" (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "Because Domo is a new company, there are growing pains as they figure out how many employees are needed for each position" (in 17 reviews)

• "Work life balance could improve for a company this size" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great company culture, fantastic product"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I’ve worked at Domo for 4+ years and this point and held a couple of different positions. The company is amazing and does a good job of recognizing talent, even if the current position isn’t the best fit (they aren’t thriving in their current role but another role makes sense).

The benefits are fantastic from health and 401k, to free meals/snacks and everything in between. I feel empowered to do my job and enjoy great work life balance and a flexible schedule.

Cons

The cons are pretty minimal, but any of them are centered around some people that are firmly entrenched in the company despite it seeming like the company has outgrown them. A few people seem “over their skis” and this can result in some politics are annoying.

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate and provide great culture.

"Amazing Benefits"

Current Employee - Technical Support in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Technical Support in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, HSA plans, Technology benefits include $500 for you to buy tablets or smart watches etc. Gym Memberships. Lots of PTO and other great benefits that are very family focused

Cons

Not sure this is a con. But with Breakfast and lunch each day along with snacks then the GYM membership might be a requirement of daily life.

Advice to Management

Thank you for bringing me into your Progressive team.

"Amazing product with great culture and people"

Current Employee - Account Executive in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The mission and vision of the company is very bold. DOMO is changing the way people connect with and make decisions around their data. I believe in the product and the value it can bring to companies who are looking to leverage data within their organization.
    Benefits are fantastic! People are very friendly and fun.

Cons

None that I have seen so far.

Advice to Management

Continue leveraging your own product within the organization to drive results!

"Appstore Solutions Strategist"

Former Employee - Appstore Solutions Strategist in American Fork, UT
    Former Employee - Appstore Solutions Strategist in American Fork, UT

I worked at Domo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Culture of innovation, friendliness, open mindedness
    - Competitive pay & excellent benefits
    - Driven and transparent leadership. Josh would frequently email the company as a whole, open up Q&A at every company meeting, hold special events like a food truck rally or the tailgate party, etc. I never spoke with him directly, but I felt that I knew him pretty well. Goes a long way for employees I think.
    - Communicative culture; easy to find and chat with the right person once you know who's who.

In addition to the above info, I personally felt a strong connection with my team, forming friendships and not just work acquaintances. Loved working here, just left because I was moving to live closer to family.

Cons

Sometimes leadership can be overly ambitious in time frames. We'd often have to rush to get something done by a specific date, then go back and fix the inevitable errors that came from cutting corners to get the project done in time.

Advice to Management

This was my first job out of college I interned for a year before being hired full time and working 3 more years. I love this company, thank you for providing a culture where I could grow in my career and have an impact on the ever evolving world of tech.

5. "Great company to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, free healthy lunch, lots of future opportunities, great co-workers, welcoming environment

Cons

Free lunch and full snack bar requires daily work out.

"Ok company"

I have been working at Domo full-time

Pros

The benefits are really nice.

Cons

They work you into the ground.

7. "Excellent Vision on the Move"

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, even after IPO, lots of future opportunities. The sky is really the limit? Maybe Mars is the limit?

Cons

Middle management lacks management skills, can be frustrating trying to translate daily work into company vision.

Advice to Management

Train the managers to be managers. Don't expect managers to be hands-on and manage 20+ employees.

"Pains me to see a promising company going completely off track due to bad executive management!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good product. Great potential. Excellent engineering talent. (Not the leaders; just the engineers)

Cons

Great founders of startups are not always great CEOs of mature companies. Josh James is an unfortunate example. With Josh’s incorrect guidance, Catherine Wong the Chief Product Officer, has allowed the engineering org to fester some bad habits and culture for too long. For example, teams tend to be closed and not open to collaboration with other teams. There is quite a bit of in fighting, a sense of “inner circle” amongst a select few. With regards product feature and effort prioritization, Catherine is often guided but her and Josh’s “Vision” for the what the customer needs/wants. Rather than actually listening to the customer. This has resulted in a product that appears, at the same time, both bloated and not solving enterprise customer needs. As a result, we seem to need extensive custom consulting and Engineering Services work for each enterprise customer we bring on. This model is simply not scalable.

I have heard some negative things about the sales and marketing orgs but cannot speak for them as I am not directly involved in them.

Advice to Management

Reduce Josh James’s responsibilities to just being a founder and board member. Hire a great professional CEO. Please encourage Catherine Wong to pursue her passions elsewhere. I am sure another company would find her great people skills valuable and tolerate her not-so-good product skills.

9. "Consulting"

I have been working at Domo full-time

Pros

Competitive Pay
    Good Benefits
    Good Perks
    Flexible Schedule
    Good Work Environment

Cons

Not Profitable yet
    Limit Upward mobility

10. "Nice people"

Current Employee - Director in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Director in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are kind and respectful

Cons

Lots of process and a large learning curve..