Domo Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Domo CEO Josh James
Josh James

Pros
  • Free Lunch and Dinner, and lots of breakfast items (in 20 reviews)

• It doesn't hurt that they have great benefits and free food also (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • They are experiencing the typical growing pains any startup goes through (in 14 reviews)

• Not necessarily a Con, but more of a general observation/point: Domo is a very dynamic, fast-paced work environment (in 7 reviews)

"Best place to work in Utah, by far"

Current Employee - Manager in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch and dinner catered daily, stocked kitchen, soda fountains and stocked fridge, 401k with 4% match, free tablet PC, great compensation, etc etc. Management very understanding of need for work/life balance. Management tries to be very transparent, and company parties are definitely fun.

Cons

I can't think of many. It's the place to be. If you're not a performer, you may not thrive in the fast-paced environment.

Advice to Management

Your efforts to encourage a fun, exciting culture is noticed and appreciated.

2. "Amazing place to be"

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the most talented people I have worked with in my career are here, amazing benefits free catered lunch & dinner, fully stocked breakroom, unique perks such as fully paid Golds Gym membership, $500 towards a tablet, very good medical benefits

Cons

sometimes can be a very intense and fast paced environment, which is not for everyone

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing

3. "High energy startup, exciting product and talented workforce"

Current Employee - Human Resources Operations in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Human Resources Operations in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing medical/dental/vision, plenty of PTO and paid holidays. Lots of other great benefits as well - fully stocked kitchen, catered lunch and dinner everyday, tablet reimbursement, free gym membership, employer 401k matching - Domo really takes care of their employees.

Really talented and passionate people whose enthusiasm for their work and the product are contagious.

Cons

No company is perfect, but Domo is pretty good about addressing issues quickly.

5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Talent Services
    Current Employee - Talent Services

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, free food & drinks, competitive pay, free gym pass, free iPad when you start, 401k match. Best benefits in the Valley.

Cons

Expect to work hard. That comes with a start-up environment. But it's worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

6. "Domo: Fun & Exciting Environment"

Current Employee - Talent Management in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Talent Management in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The ability to work with and be mentored by some of the brightest minds in business and technology today.
    - An amazing product that will change how we all do business.
    - Phenomenal benefits that go beyond just standard healthcare (they even give us a baby bonus!).
    - Fun and enjoyable people.

Cons

- This is a very hard working culture; if you are not looking to change the world then this is probably not the place for you.

Advice to Management

- Thank you for keeping us in the loop and for sharing your vision with us. We appreciate knowing what our goals are and knowing that there is a lot of thought that goes into everything we do as a company.

7. "An excellent place to work and and excel"

Current Employee - Talent Services in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Talent Services in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company culture is excellent, and the hiring standards ensure that your co-workers are amazing. Excellent health benefits, free lunch, wellness reimbursement, matching 401k, $500 towards iPad/tablet.

Cons

Come prepared to work hard. Domo is growing quickly, and expects the people they hire to understand the work hard, play hard mentality.

8. "Keep your hands and feet in throughout the entire ride."

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is one of those opportunities that only comes along once in a career and you need to make the most of it if you have the opportunity to work at Domo.

Great and innovative product, with motivated and proven leadership. Great funding, several customers and a great industry to be in, very large market cap. This company is solving a definite need/pain that is out there in all companies.

Great benefits, Dental, Vision, and Health. Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as snacks and free drinks. iPad for every employee. Gym Pass.

Cons

None come to mind that I can think of at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep it going!

"Great startup to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Catered lunches every day
    -Great compensation package
    -Good health benefits
    -Awesome coworkers and friendly environment

Cons

-Being cramped for office space is getting old
    -It's hard to get the product built and milestones met because we are "Building the airplane while flying it"

Advice to Management

-Middle management needs to communicate and prioritize better.
    -Decisions need to be made proactively rather than reactively.
    -I feel we have cut corners and ignored formalities on processes over the years to push a product through (which was ok), but it is now time to formalize the processes and procedures. We need to get our processes and development lifecycle matured internally as a company.
    -Make sure all your teams have the tools to get their job done.
    -Get the product and infrastructure ready for Enterprise level customers before going after those customers. I feel we don't have the technical infrastructure, product stability, nor do we fulfill the privacy and security requirements in the current product offering and processes to support Enterprise customers and their expectations from their vended solutions.

10. "Best career move I've made"

Current Employee - Marketing in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for some really cool enterprise tech companies, but Domo tops them all. They hire really smart, driven people, pay them well, and expect a lot out of them. The energy here is pretty awesome, and the company culture is something only Josh James could concoct. My boss has led massive teams at SAP and Oracle, but somehow remains really grounded and approachable (in addition to being wicked smart).

Cons

Like all companies, it experiences growing pains. When you're trying to go this big, this fast, mistakes will get made and toes will get stepped on. Does that ruffle feathers sometimes? Sure. But if you're good enough, and thick skinned enough, you'll thrive.

Advice to Management

Keep holding these killer company meetings. Transparency is so critical for morale.

11. "A Positive Environment that Breads Success"

Current Employee - Senior Product Analyst in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Product Analyst in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Domo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Domo is one of the few companies that executes an amazing culture where hard work is well rewarded, and every employee is given an opportunity to have a significant impact on the product. Holidays, events and personal successes are all celebrated at Domo (i.e. Christmas, Halloween, May the 4th be With You, Tailgates, Sales, etc.). Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are all provided at work, all I have to do is show up and concentrate on work.

Cons

Because Domo's a startup sometimes the work/life balance can become lopsided. I hope this changes in the future as we become more established and reach our company goals.

Advice to Management

Establish boundaries between the time available for work and personal life.