Donlen Reviews | Glassdoor

Tom Callahan

1. "good"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Acton, MA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Acton, MA

I worked at Donlen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay good hours good life work balance

Cons

not too many cons at all

Advice to Management

the management is good

"Company Culture"

I worked at Donlen full-time

Pros

Good employee benefits - work from home, p.t.o, flexibility etc

Cons

Some directors and managers do not deserve to be in such positions - they lack management skills, leadership skills, insight and foresight! A lot of favoritism at Donlen! The environment is quite negative for anyone who desires to thrive in a corporate environment unless you are friends with certain people.

3. "FMS Advisor"

Former Employee - FMS Advisor
    Former Employee - FMS Advisor

I worked at Donlen (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and nice bonuses.

Cons

Micromanaged till the end of your shifts, lots of favoritism towards pet employees.
    No management accountability, just lip service and backstabbing.
    Poor annual reviews by management even if your call numbers are great and you hit bonuses consistently every month.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they are the front line of your business. Mid level management has a lot to learn about getting the best out of employees. The constant churning of FMS advisors is not good for anyone especially the clients and vendors.

"Great People"

Current Employee - Senior Data Strategist in Bensenville, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Data Strategist in Bensenville, IL

I have been working at Donlen (More than a year)

Pros

Donlen has a great team of people who work together to build up the company, each other, and provide great service to their customers.

Cons

Change can be slow, even if most employees agree that it needs to happen.

"Fleet Maintenance Adviser,driver support,customer serivce"

Former Employee - FMS Adviser in Darien, IL
    Former Employee - FMS Adviser in Darien, IL

I worked at Donlen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

weekly pay and monthly Bonus (when honored)

Cons

This job may work out for you –this review is based on my personal experience working for Donlen for 4 years. I say AVOID!!! Because after 4 years of loyal service they legally came after me to get tuition reimbursement back after I put in my termination notice. Extremely unhealthy work environment, next to toxic.ie forced 30 min lunch breaks, forced OT either come in early prior to your start shift or work late after hours or mandatory work holidays when you cannot because you have a family. Even after a year or two likely you will still work either a Saturday or Sunday, because your shift keeps getting knocked back down due to many turn overs. Micromanaged like you wouldn’t believe, they watch you like a hawk..ie cannot even get up to use the restroom without being IM asked where you were. The supervisors have their fav's and if you are not one of them you are already fighting an uphill battle meaning no projects for you off the phones. Yearly reviews are a joke hard to survive with such small percent merit increase. Hi stress dealing with multi accounts because you are just suppose to know what each client wants. Training on the fly you need to learn everything on the go. They have no problem showing you messed up and putting you to shame. No work life balance, because you cannot get a day off when requested even if it's 3 months in advance for a doctor’s visit the answer is mainly "no", I was told "no" and reschedule my daughter's surgery because the business needed me to be there. Places like this have made me realize how good my other jobs were that I took for granted. If it works for you Great, but I say look around elsewhere.

Advice to Management

I have no words you can't fix this....

"Driver support"

I worked at Donlen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job. Fun coworkers. Golf simulator

Cons

Low pay, terrible drive from the city

"Avoid like the plague"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Donlen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is very good, people more than willing to help, great place to start a career IF you can survive

Cons

Training is on the fly. Once you ask question and get answers it is mandatory to remember . Fellow co-workers will throw you under the bus for whatever reason. " to get along you have to go along ". Management act like they care but are actually working against you . I'm not kidding .

Team work depends on your definition of team. They say that they are tolerant but that's a huge lie . On your break your told you can do whatever you need , heaven forbid you want to smoke a cigar because that's a big no no. Too many hypocrites at this place . Not an environment to grow . Management greet staff like the gestapo and no pun intended . Only decent person was Rob Scaffidi , . If you make a mistake it's the end of the world . Mistakes happen but come on . Poor work life balance . Deception is rampant . Be warned !!!!

Advice to Management

Treat workers with respect. Deflate your ego. Learn that we are human too and mistakes happen. Don't push too much work onto us and expect clean results every time . That's how people quit . Know that good employees are YOUR asset and are worth retaining . Listen to us constructively instead of listening to weather or not you need a 3rd vacation home at our expense

"Good employer"

Current Employee - Driver Support in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Driver Support in Buffalo Grove, IL

I have been working at Donlen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Donlen is a close knit group to work with. The job can be stressful sometimes, but the work-life balance is excellent.

Cons

Not much room for advancement within the company unless you have a large skillset - which is hard to accomplish with workload.

10. "Three years here"

I have been working at Donlen (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bright people who like what they are doing. Rock star offices opening in August that will be state of the art. Growing rapidly so there are opportunities.

Cons

As long a Hertz stays out of our business, all will be good. Historically, Donlen has been performing universe and beyond. Hertz, the parent company on the other has been struggling.

Advice to Management

Encourage more work life balance if you want to keep good people (more) work from home, summer hours, flex time.

"Team Member"

I worked at Donlen full-time

Pros

Wants to be a good company. Tries to provide positive working environment most of the time. Free sodas, coffee, and tea for employees.

Cons

Top-level management very disconnected to working level employees. A lot of lip service given to the value of employees, but they only seem to scratch the surface.

Advice to Management

get out there and interact with the people that work a few levels down from you. be approachable. Don't yell at your team during company-wide meetings.