Donlen Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Tom Callahan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good employee benefits - work from home, p (in 5 reviews)

• Good people, always work to be done (in 4 reviews)

"good"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Acton, MA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Acton, MA

I worked at Donlen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

good pay good hours good life work balance

Cons

not too many cons at all

Advice to Management

the management is good

"Maint. Advisor"

I have been working at Donlen full-time

Pros

good pay ,nice clean office

Cons

micro managed , more than most call centers

Advice to Management

managers with very little actual experience, Lincoln Tech and Jiffy Lube make them experts, this company gives auto industry a bad name

"Going Downhill Fast"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bannockburn, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bannockburn, IL

I have been working at Donlen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New facility is somewhat employee friendly, although very sterile and makes employees look like drones surrounding the elite management.

Cons

Came to this company because of the number of loyal employees with longevity and feeling that management took a real interest in its employees but that has changed in the last year, and is getting worse with every last minute change to existing policies - specifically the so -called Merit/Performance Reviews, bonuses, unfair treatment of some employees in relation to other "equals". Customer treatment is waning also. Signs of a company falling into trouble.

Advice to Management

Stop all the BS excuses to employees and customers and own up to your failings, take some of the responsibility on yourselves, instead of only taking the glory.

"Call Center regret"

Current Employee - Advisor Call Center in Bannockburn, IL
    Current Employee - Advisor Call Center in Bannockburn, IL

I have been working at Donlen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It pays pretty well. Allows for work at home several times a week. Lunch room looks nice. I'm told that outside of the call center, it's a pretty good place to work.

Cons

Micro management on steroids. Even top performers are constantly criticized and badgered. Zero work/life balance. Management is bonus-ed on how many calls you take and penalized for any millisecond you're not on the phone, so the job takes a physical and emotional toll. Be prepared to take back to back calls with little to zero breaths in-between. Demoralizing atmosphere full of negativity by management. I would definitely steer clear. Tons of turn over in the call center.

Advice to Management

Management by intimidation works in the short run, but not the long run.

"Company Culture"

I worked at Donlen full-time

Pros

Good employee benefits - work from home, p.t.o, flexibility etc

Cons

Some directors and managers do not deserve to be in such positions - they lack management skills, leadership skills, insight and foresight! A lot of favoritism at Donlen! The environment is quite negative for anyone who desires to thrive in a corporate environment unless you are friends with certain people.

6. "FMS Advisor"

Former Employee - FMS Advisor
    Former Employee - FMS Advisor

I worked at Donlen (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay and nice bonuses.

Cons

Micromanaged till the end of your shifts, lots of favoritism towards pet employees.
    No management accountability, just lip service and backstabbing.
    Poor annual reviews by management even if your call numbers are great and you hit bonuses consistently every month.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they are the front line of your business. Mid level management has a lot to learn about getting the best out of employees. The constant churning of FMS advisors is not good for anyone especially the clients and vendors.

"Great People"

Current Employee - Senior Data Strategist in Bensenville, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Data Strategist in Bensenville, IL

I have been working at Donlen (More than a year)

Pros

Donlen has a great team of people who work together to build up the company, each other, and provide great service to their customers.

Cons

Change can be slow, even if most employees agree that it needs to happen.

"Fleet Maintenance Adviser,driver support,customer serivce"

Former Employee - FMS Adviser in Darien, IL
    Former Employee - FMS Adviser in Darien, IL

I worked at Donlen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

weekly pay and monthly Bonus (when honored)

Cons

This job may work out for you –this review is based on my personal experience working for Donlen for 4 years. I say AVOID!!! Because after 4 years of loyal service they legally came after me to get tuition reimbursement back after I put in my termination notice. Extremely unhealthy work environment, next to toxic.ie forced 30 min lunch breaks, forced OT either come in early prior to your start shift or work late after hours or mandatory work holidays when you cannot because you have a family. Even after a year or two likely you will still work either a Saturday or Sunday, because your shift keeps getting knocked back down due to many turn overs. Micromanaged like you wouldn’t believe, they watch you like a hawk..ie cannot even get up to use the restroom without being IM asked where you were. The supervisors have their fav's and if you are not one of them you are already fighting an uphill battle meaning no projects for you off the phones. Yearly reviews are a joke hard to survive with such small percent merit increase. Hi stress dealing with multi accounts because you are just suppose to know what each client wants. Training on the fly you need to learn everything on the go. They have no problem showing you messed up and putting you to shame. No work life balance, because you cannot get a day off when requested even if it's 3 months in advance for a doctor’s visit the answer is mainly "no", I was told "no" and reschedule my daughter's surgery because the business needed me to be there. Places like this have made me realize how good my other jobs were that I took for granted. If it works for you Great, but I say look around elsewhere.

Advice to Management

I have no words you can't fix this....

"Driver support"

I worked at Donlen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy job. Fun coworkers. Golf simulator

Cons

Low pay, terrible drive from the city

"Avoid like the plague"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

I worked at Donlen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is very good, people more than willing to help, great place to start a career IF you can survive

Cons

Training is on the fly. Once you ask question and get answers it is mandatory to remember . Fellow co-workers will throw you under the bus for whatever reason. " to get along you have to go along ". Management act like they care but are actually working against you . I'm not kidding .

Team work depends on your definition of team. They say that they are tolerant but that's a huge lie . On your break your told you can do whatever you need , heaven forbid you want to smoke a cigar because that's a big no no. Too many hypocrites at this place . Not an environment to grow . Management greet staff like the gestapo and no pun intended . Only decent person was Rob Scaffidi , . If you make a mistake it's the end of the world . Mistakes happen but come on . Poor work life balance . Deception is rampant . Be warned !!!!

Advice to Management

Treat workers with respect. Deflate your ego. Learn that we are human too and mistakes happen. Don't push too much work onto us and expect clean results every time . That's how people quit . Know that good employees are YOUR asset and are worth retaining . Listen to us constructively instead of listening to weather or not you need a 3rd vacation home at our expense