Donna Morgan Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kathleen McFeeters

"Poor management"

I worked at Donna Morgan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok place to get your feet wet in the fashion industry, and lower level management can be helpful at times.

Cons

- No room for growth
    - Upper management has a temper and not willing to support a team
    - Hostile work environment, poor salary

Advice to Management

Please do not take your entry-level and junior-level employees for granted. The turnover rate is extremely high and people tend to leave because of the hostility.

"Horrible. The negative reviews are true."

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Donna Morgan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A paycheck comes of your work, even if it is small.

Cons

Everything else everyone has said is spot on and there is no point for me to repeat it. I will agree that pay is low and Kathleen is psycho. She clearly wrote the positive reviews, look how obvious they are and starkly different they are from the actuality of the negative reviews! Truly insane.

Advice to Management

Instead of spending time trying to claim all the honest people on your company review page are lying and generating your own reviews to counter them, you should consider implementing the kind of work environment you are imagining when you craft these positive reviews.

"Design team member"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Donna Morgan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice interior. A few nice people

Cons

CEO is tricky. Changes mind all the time and rules by company gossip. Toxic CEO and staff. Company violates New York labor laws and expects employees to cooperate or you might get axed.

Advice to Management

Employees are citizens of the US and not citizens of Donna Morgan State. What is not legal in US is not legal at co. Treat people with respect. Problems stem from top.

"RUN"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Donna Morgan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office space is very nice. The team I work with is great but everyone has their resumes updated! Maybe the high turnover is a good way to meet new people?

Cons

CEO IS INSANE. I have never seen a more unstable environment. She screams, belittles people, and pushes her management staff to lead the same. She micromanages every department and seems to not have realized that the business has evolved since 1998.
     This place is a pile oh HR violations and probably basic human rights laws. Spare yourself the worst year of your life and do something you love.

Advice to Management

Hand the keys to the parent brand, Maggy London.

"Horrible experience, stay away from this company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Donna Morgan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only positive thing is that I met some lovely co-workers. The company has the potential to be strong and successful, but everything is ruined by the CEO, Kathleen McFeeters. She doesn't know how to run a business and most of all, how to give her employees a nice, positive environment where people can be productive and work at their best for the good of the company. Do NOT believe any of the (few) positive reviews below, they were written by Kathleen McFeeters herself and she also had some current employees write them for her to try to save the company's image.

Cons

Everything. You work long hours in a terrible environment where everybody is miserable. Kathleen McFeeters treats her employees like idiots. My manager, who was a lovely girl with a lot of experience in the field, was fired after a few months on the job for basically no reasons. The turnover is very high, which tells you a lot about how great is to work for this company. The first day of my new job I realized that I immediately needed to find a new one. Luckily, I was able to get out of there in just a few months, but I saw so many people fired in such a short amount of time. This is not the type of job you should accept if you want to work well, be productive and happy in your workplace. I honestly rather work at McDonald's than for Kathleen McFeeters ever again. Save yourself a horrible experience and do not accept job offers at Donna Morgan & Ali Ro. They will be very nice during the interview process and then you will be miserable and desperate to get out of that toxic environment the moment you start working for them.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees well and give them a nice, friendly and positive environment. The CEO should leave the company and put in charge someone who knows how to run a business and treat the employees well.

"Account Executive"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

Other companies are impressed if you last here more than a year because the CEO has such a bad reputation in the industry.

Cons

The CEO is absolutely miserable to work for. She clearly wrote her own review because no one else had anything nice to say about her. When she's in a good mood your day at work will run smoothly but if shes not (which is most days) you can't do anything right.

There are so many other jobs out there I wouldn't waste your time getting abused by the CEO.

"Worst place to work in the garment business!!"

Former Employee - Assistant Fashion Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Fashion Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Donna Morgan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I learned how to deal with toxic & hassle people.

Cons

Toxic environment, liars, negative energy,non-stop gossip,prejudice slurs, low-pay, watched & followed around like your in jail. Crazy right? Well it's true!! Ask around..

Advice to Management

Cut out the bad apples. You know who they are.

8. "ecommerce"

Former Employee - Ecommerce in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Ecommerce in New York, NY

I worked at Donna Morgan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Progressive thinking great opportunities for learning and growth. Fast paced open to new ideas and encourages your input. Great people very supportive.

Cons

Its a growing dept. so it can be disorganized at times.

"Just awful. Please don't"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

Pros

Nothing, I didn't learn a single thing about the fashion industry interning here. My days were spent rolling fabric on the ground. The other interns and I would take bets on who would be the next person fired, as during my 4 months, 12 people were let go.

Cons

Everything. CEO is awful, and treats the designers like scum. Everyone would run for cover anytime she would appear outside of her office, which luckily wasn't a lot because she spends her day on Pinterest. Don't listen to the nice reviews, they are clearly done by current employees under Kathleen's direction to boost her awful companies rating. If she was actually smart she would of spaced out the good reviews and not have them all on the same day, so it would look less specious, just goes to show how incompetent she is.

Advice to Management

Retire, have someone with personal skills and design knowledge take over.

"CEO tolerates and participates in verbal abuse of employees."

Former Employee - Design in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Design in New York, NY

I worked at Donna Morgan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent salary and benefits

Cons

There is a high rate of employee turnover.