Donnelly Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Donnelly Communications President Dennis E. McMaster
Dennis E. McMaster

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • It is not your every day run of the mill call center (in 5 reviews)

• Every time I come to work I can count on having a great day because I'm surrounded by nothing but positive energy (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management isn't informed of important matters on the floor (in 4 reviews)

• You can take 20 clients vs someone who takes 1 and make the same amount (in 3 reviews)

"Get in and Get Out!!!!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Donnelly Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are in dire need of a job and have no other skills, education or experience.

Cons

The hours are not flexible whatsoever,the schedule changes everyweek,the pay is poor compared to the stress and abuse you are forced to deal with,management is very unprofessional,they hate their jobs and they only seem to hire employees that are extremely ignorant and loud.

Advice to Management

Hire better managers and employees,have set schedules,increase the pay

Apr 11, 2017 – Human Resources Administrator

Thank you for this feedback. Please contact me at kmitchell@donnellycommunications.com so that I can get more information to address these issues.

"Sad"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

No such thing with this company

Cons

Why bother everyone knows this place is a damn joke ran by crooked butt humpers. Unprofessional glad its sinking & I'll be glad when it hits rock bottom.
    Enough said

FYI this Company has NO Good reviews anything with 1star or more Is a whole lie and you could probably thank the HR team. Nobody likes working there the experience is not a good one at all.

Advice to Management

Value your agents, think about their needs first then the think about the company needs. Poor pay & environment don't mix it is not the agents fault your miserable. Get up, lead your agents in way they can manage their calls. Motivate them and inspire them to wanna work for that Lil bitty money with all them clients.

Jul 20, 2017 – Human Resources Administrator

Thank you for this feedback. As a current employee, you know we have an open door policy. Please feel free to come meet with me or contact me at kmitchell@donnellycommunications.com so that I can get... More

"DONNELLY'S COMMUTING (TBA)"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Donnelly Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Immediate opportunity for employment needs, efficiently ran. Commits their finances to stockpiling operations resources but can not keep any competent staff to operate them. "Too many Chiefs and no Indians"

Cons

very rapid and fast pace revolving door. company policy is to maintain budget by constantly cutting employees to maintain a salary margin. seasonal employment significantly swells during holiday periods and significantly downsizes thereafter. If you can manage to survive a steep financial fall, then, by all means, take your risk with this employer but eventually "they will" find their way around to putting your head on the block.

Advice to Management

The one untypical characteristic about this company is that not even management, and by this I mean upper mgt too, is impervious to the chop chop square. This company is truly an optimal and lean running machine. Spearheaded with strong christian values, Donnelly Communications has no ethical grievances about sacrificing its most hard wkg & dedicated contributors. No matter who you may be or contributed to this company, before the bottom of their boat drops out, you can get going overboard. and then they'll throw you a lifesaver that isn't tied to anything either. for example, you may find yourself in a struggle to claim any benefits, if need be, till you get yourself reestablished.

Feb 13, 2017 – Human Resources Administrator

Thank you for your feedback! I would love to get further details from you so that we can try to get them addressed. Please contact me at kmitchell@donnellycommunications.com.

"Review of Donnelly Communication Atlanta"

Former Employee - Georgia in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great hours and lots of overtime

Cons

Seemed like a high school with the actions of some employees

Advice to Management

Coworkers

Jan 17, 2017 – Human Resources Administrator

We appreciate all constructive feedback! I'd like to discuss ways we can improve with you. Please email me a kmitchell@donnellycommunications.com.

5. "Great Learning Opportunity and Room for Growth"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Donnelly Communications full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training for this job was excellent. If you put forth the effort to actually listen and learn, you can move up pretty quickly within the company. I was definitely an exception to the rule, in reference to how quickly I became a Call Center Workforce and Quality Control Lead. This is a job that can lead to a career. The overtime potential is ever present.

Cons

The turn-over rate is somewhat high., especially if you do not ask for what you need, in reference to re-training. Now, honestly speaking, you will have days that are excruciating, when dealing with the varied antics of the customers. This job will challenge your patience and ability to perform/speak past disrespectful and sometimes blatantly racist customer's.

Jan 17, 2017 – Human Resources Administrator

Thank you for this 360-degree feedback. We welcome any further details and suggestions on how to make one's tenure with us, less excruciating. Please email me at kmitchell@donnellycommunications.com... More

"Outstanding!"

Pros

Flexibility, convenient, progressive! The hours are flexible. The contact center is 24/7/365. The location is convenient, near Midtown and Buckhead. The office location is accessible by public transportation. The employees are warm, friendly and enthusiastic! I have been an employee of Donnelly Communications for 13 years and I can honestly say that it has been a great learning experience! I have witnessed the company's growth and determination to continue to be competitive!

Cons

No sick or personal time is given.

Advice to Management

The company should implement paid sick time and personal time program for employees that have been with company . All agents should be given at least 5 sick days and 2 personal days per year. If the sick time is not used, the agent gets paid for half of the unused hours.

Jan 17, 2017 – Human Resources Administrator

Thank you so much for your feedback. We always seek to improve the employee experience! I'd love to discuss ways to do this with you. Please stop by my office.

"Company Review"

I have been working at Donnelly Communications full-time

Pros

Donnelly continues to try to make it as easy as possible for people who need Marta to get to work. Overnight shifts that have to be changed for any reason can usually find our Managers picking up and dropping of workers. The company strives to build its family and keep everybody working.

Cons

We just need more compensation.

Advice to Management

Continue to care about the family you've built at Donnelly Communications!

Feb 13, 2017 – Human Resources Administrator

Thank you for this feedback. I apologize for the delay in responding.

"Team Donnelly"

Pros

I have been working for this company for almost five years and I have to say that I love my job! I started out as a customer service professional and have been promoted twice within that time. The company has a close knit feel to it and it is Christian based as well. We have a chapel right on the premises for when any employee just needs a minute to themselves for worship or any other reason that they need to be at peace. Our company is continually growing with new clients and new employees as well. I look forward the new year ahead and what is in store for Team Donnelly.

Cons

We need to do a better job at acknowledging employees and the milestones that they have made during their tenure.

Advice to Management

None at this time.

Jan 17, 2017 – Human Resources Administrator

Thank you so much for your feedback. We used this feedback and hosted a luncheon to make sure our tenured employees knew we appreciate them. I appreciate you planting this seed. If you have any... More

"Seasonal (5 years later)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Donnelly Communications (More than 5 years)

Pros

My original intent with working for this company was to be employed for the holiday season and move on. By March the following year I realized I was still working and when I inquired I was told that my assistance was still needed. Shortly after I was offered a full time position. By end of year I was offered an opportunity to assist other agents.

Five years and several promotions later, I can honestly say, this is a company that recognizes its employees' potential and provides an opportunity for growth within the company.

Cons

No cons available at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to heed the voice of your employees

Jan 17, 2017 – Human Resources Administrator

Thank you for being with us so long! This feedback is truly appreciated.

10. "Overall experience"

Former Employee - Georgia in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Donnelly Communications full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The location is convient and marta accessible.
    Hr is always avaliable when you need them.
    The hiring process is very fast.

Cons

There is no team unity.
    The pay is too low to make to take on so many different clients.
    Training isnt planned out well because you can be put in training at any random time.
    You cant change ur initial shift for a while so make sure its one youre committed to.

Advice to Management

Involve yourself with your team's not just when they do something wrong. Its a job not prison.

Jan 17, 2017 – Human Resources Administrator

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are always seeking to improve the employee experience! I'd love to discuss ways to do this with you. Please email me at kmitchell@donnellycommunications.com.... More