Donor Network West Reviews | Glassdoor

Donor Network West CEO Janice F. Whaley
Janice F. Whaley
  1. "Donation Coordinator"

I worked at Donor Network West full-time

Pros

Great supportive team with positive attitude.

Cons

Based on time constraints of tissue donation, can sometimes be stressful. But this is expected.

Donor Network West2018-03-15

"Surgical Coordinator"

Former Employee - Surgical Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Donor Network West full-time for more than a year

Pros

A really neat and unique position. You get to travel and meet some very cool people. This organization allows its surgical coordinators to do things that other OPOs I worked do not. A lot of freedom as long as you do your job.

Cons

Management. The managers have no clue what the surgical coordinators really do. The implement new protocols that do not make sense. I witnessed serval good employees leave due to poor management. Not all of the managers are in the wrong positions but most seem to be in the positions for reasons other than ability and knowledge.

Donor Network West2018-11-28

November 30, 2018Interim Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for your feedback regarding your time worked at Donor Network West. We are committed to continuous improvement with ongoing investment in training and education for all employees. I invite you to contact me directly with additional feedback. Thank you.

"The New VP of HR is very insensitive and is slowly changing the culture in a bad way!"

I have been working at Donor Network West full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company has an awesome mission and is passionate about what they do.

Cons

The previous HR Leadership team was awesome! They listened to our needs and treated us with respect and kindness. The new HR Leader is driven by only what serves management, he is rude and insensitive with his delivery, and honestly not a lot of people care for him. I don't feel like I will go to him for help and that's a far cry from how it used to be.

Advice to Management

DNW has done a lot to make changes. Continue to communicate with the staff and be transparent as it relates to change management. Leadership needs to remind HR that the role is to do what's best for the Company, which isn't just what best suits management.

Donor Network West2018-09-24

October 3, 2018Interim Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for your feedback. As an organization, our aspirational culture is one of trust, collaboration, and respect and I apologize that hasn’t been your experience. I invite you to reach out to me directly so we can discuss this further. Thank you.

"Lot's of change happening with very little communication"

I worked at Donor Network West full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly Environment, nice office, passionate employees, good benefits

Cons

awful change management, poor communication, too much change happening at once, leadership leads from perspective of favoritisim, not enough diversity on the management level.

Advice to Management

Communicate more and better.

Donor Network West2018-03-23
  5. "Mission Minded Organization"

I have been working at Donor Network West

Pros

The people who work at Donor Network West care deeply about the mission. The job is not like other work, it is an honor.

Cons

Much of the work is field based and the connection to others can be difficult to obtain.

Donor Network West2018-02-09
  6. "Dedicated Community Driven By Impactful Mission"

I have been working at Donor Network West full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Hardworking and genuine staff who are deeply committed to saving and healing lives. -Management is friendly, knowledgable, and encourages individual career growth. -Management is open to ideas and takes every suggestion into consideration. -Fun company culture-- people from many different backgrounds -A lot of different events to attend for both the staff and public

Cons

-Because there are a lot of different facets of the organization, some departments are left out of the loop as to what the others are working on.

Advice to Management

None. Management has been doing a great job and has been more focused on employee satisfaction and engagement.

Donor Network West2017-10-09
  7. "Great non-profit organization and team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Donor Network West

Pros

Donor Network West is a wonderful organization! Managment is very supportive, helpful and approachable. Encourage teamwork, bonding and management are always open to new ideas. Happy and relaxed atmosphere. They really care about their employees.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Donor Network West.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and dedication!

Donor Network West2017-10-03

"Great Company, Incredible Mission"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Donor Network West full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Mission, Awesome People, Flexibility, Culture

Cons

Organ and tissue donation is very rewarding but challenging work. Workers in this industry can suffer compassion fatigue and sometimes burnout.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward. Nothing worth doing is easy. You're a dedicated group of great people.

Donor Network West2017-04-29

May 4, 2017Director of Procurement

Thank you for your feedback. Compassion fatigue and burnout will certainly remain areas of focus for us. We still have a lot of work ahead of us and I'm glad to see you think we're headed in the right direction.

"Low Morale"

Current Employee - Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Donor Network West full-time

Pros

Fantastic Mission. The work is truly life giving and very gratifying.

Cons

COO doesn't understand the meaning of teamwork. He leads with a stick and is quick to judge. He looks for fault rather than solutions. He plays favorites with some and targets others. Decisions are made among two to three people at the top and decisions pushed down. He does not allow for independent leader decision making. Must be his way. Blame culture is a huge problem.

Advice to Management

All executive leadership at the top needs to be aware of the morale problem and take ownership. One person calling the shots for the entire organization is not healthy.

Donor Network West2017-03-25

May 30, 2017Chief Executive Officer

Thank you for bringing this difficult subject to our attention. We appreciate the feedback. I have to admit it was difficult to read and apologize for the perception. The entire senior leadership team is aware of the post. We have planned additional management training to the ...

"Tissue Donation Coordinator"

Current Employee - Tissue Donation Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Donor Network West full-time for more than a year

Pros

Our tissue team is amazing! We have a very good working relationship with each other. The shifts are 3 days one week and 4 days the next week for 12 hour shifts. We have a great mission and get to save lives. Also, management is so helpful and it's a positive work environment.

Cons

Some families can be a handful and there's a lot of pressure to do things quickly.

Donor Network West2017-03-19

April 13, 2017Director of Procurement

Thank you for the feedback. Your management team has been working hard to create a positive work environment and I'm glad to hear we're on the right track. The pressures of time are a challenge in the field of transplantation and can see that minimizing the resulting stress will ...

Found 35 reviews