Found 317 of over 14K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about DoorDash
10 months ago
Hello fellow Recruiters! I was effected by the recent layoffs at DoorDash and am assessing a career pivot. I'm definitely intrigued by a HR-adjacent move (HRIS, HRBP, Resourse Mgmt., L&D) but I'm also interested in a pivot to Customer Success! I reviewed all of my 2nd Degree connections in the field and there are quite a few that have moved from Recruiting to Customer Success. Anyone here made this move, or found success interviewing?
Consulting Exit Opportunities
a year ago
Started as S&O Senior at DoorDash only 2 months ago from M&A / Strategy consulting and took a 20% cut in hopes for WLB. My new role has shifted with the recent layoffs and is even further removed from strategy and more in the weeds of excel reporting type work only. Is it appropriate to talk about long term goals to be more client facing or perhaps think about in house M&A / Corp Dev with manager (also known for horrible wlb)? I would hate to waste a year just to do my resume time.
Jobs in Tech
a year ago
Hi fellow fish - I was part of the DoorDash layoffs today, and am actively searching for a new opportunity. I was recently a Senior Manager in Strategy & Operations, and have 11+ years of experience across consulting, tech, start-ups, and various sectors. Please let me know of any open roles that may be a fit, and TIA!
Got a burning question about DoorDash? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with DoorDash employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of DoorDash and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Nov 29, 2023Delivery DriverFormer Contractor, less than 1 yearClarksville, TN
- Decide when to do it and where to do it; flexible - If you treat it like a real job (aka, schedule time blocks ahead of time, work 5-8 hours a day) you can get paid pretty well - Holidays are a great opportunity to drive, and rack up a lot of good orders.
- Can be very taxing on your car depending the amount of hours you work - The app have made mistakes, and have sent me to the wrong location a couple of times. - Slots can be limited and not always readily available if there is a surge of drivers in the area - The algorithm will send you orders with a bad mile-to-pay ratio one after the other, lowering your acceptance rate.
- 3.0Nov 28, 2023Delivery DriverCurrent Contractor, more than 3 yearsSan Diego, CA
It's nice to be able to set your own hours Chance for large tips
Inconsistent ability to make money when you need to—your job is based on how busy the market is on any given day
- 4.0Nov 27, 2023Delivery DriverCurrent Contractor, more than 1 yearSeattle, WA
The delivery drop offs are usually not far away from initial location. The peak pays are extremely valuable and appear regularly.
I feel like the algorithm for scheduling a double order is sometimes inconsistent. Once in a while it will take you somewhere really far away from the first drop off location.
- 5.0Nov 27, 2023Delivery DriverCurrent Contractor, more than 1 yearBillings, MT
I'm my own boss. I schedule when I want to work.
When a customer cancels an order its not canceled with me as fast as I would like it.
- 4.0Nov 26, 2023Delivery DriverCurrent Contractor, more than 1 yearArcadia, FL
You can make pretty good money if you hustle at mealtimes. Customer tips are usually pretty good in more affluent areas. Good communication most of the time.
Sometimes inaccurate navigational directions slows you down. Time window for deliveries is sometimes too short.
- 3.0Nov 26, 2023Delivery DriverFormer Contractor, more than 1 yearSacramento, CA
Can work on your own time. Easy to apply
Maintenance on personal car Sometimes the app doesn’t work.
- 5.0Nov 24, 2023Delivery DriverFormer Contractor
Great tips, you can earn hourly, make your own schedule and work by yourself
They don’t cover for the gas that you use to dash
DoorDash Reviews FAQs
Delivery Driver professionals working at DoorDash have rated their employer with 3.4 out of 5 stars in 317 Glassdoor reviews. This is a lower than average score with the overall rating of DoorDash employees being 3.7 out of 5 stars. Search open Delivery Driver Jobs at DoorDash now and start preparing for your job interview by browsing frequently asked Delivery Driver interview questions at DoorDash.
Delivery Driver professionals rate their compensation and benefits at DoorDash with 2.7 out of 5 stars based on 317 anonymously submitted employee reviews. This is 16.9% worse than the company average rating for salary and benefits. Find out more about Delivery Driver salaries and benefits at DoorDash.
69% of Delivery Driver employees at DoorDash would recommend their employer to a friend. This rating has decreased by -11% in the past 12 months. Delivery Driver professionals have also rated DoorDash with a 4.1 rating for work-life-balance, 3.9 rating for diversity and inclusion, 3 rating for culture and values and 2.8 rating for career opportunities.