DoorDash Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Tony Xu

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Gas plus wear and tear which comes out to at least 50cents a mile" (in 44 reviews)

• "you are making minimum wage basically" (in 44 reviews)

"Very Dynamic and Open Culture"

I have been working at DoorDash full-time

Pros

The company has a very dynamic and open culture. What is more important DoorDash cares to maintain this culture and works hard to hire the right people with the right attitude. People are willing to both listen and to share knowledge and ideas. The compensation is fair. Also, a lot of efforts is being made to create an inclusive and diverse environment. Finally, there is a lot of smart and talented people here at the company.

Cons

This is a very young company "age-wise", so you might run into situations when meetings are scheduled late at night, which parents with kids wouldn't do. However, even that is manageable because of the Pros described above.

2. "Great company filled with passionate and driven people!"

I have been working at DoorDash full-time

Pros

fast growing company, opportunity to take on many projects, sense of ownership, interesting work

Cons

start-up "growing up" pains as the company grows

3. "Startup Feel w/ a Big Name"

Current Employee - Tech Sourcer
    Current Employee - Tech Sourcer

I have been working at DoorDash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Large Impact
    -Great People
    -Very Open/Available Management
    -Free Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner
    -Great Location
    -Fun

Cons

You will have to work hard as everyone's role is very important

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

"Good to make extra money but unfair rating system"

Pros

The pros I have is I don't have to conform to a set schedule. After I met the 25 deliveries I was able to use fast pay.

Cons

Sometimes the orders end up 30 minutes away. My biggest issue is the rating system. I usually get to the restaurant on time and leave on time. My problem is that restaurants are slow with the orders, and there has been many of times that the customer that live in an apartments doesn't tell the apartment number or give the gate code, or if their building is hidden, they don't say and the.on time rating get a lower. That's kind if unfair considering the lower your rating, the less orders you get. I've complained so much on their Facebook they stopped responding. Sometimes customers live on hidden roads or the GPS, brings me down the wrong street or to the wrong gate of an apartment. That needs to be fixed, I'm try to get to catering order but how can I if I can't get my rating back up. It makes me want to do favor or grub hub instead.

Advice to Management

Fix the rating system!! Read my cons.

"DoorDash is in GlassDoor's Top 15 coolest start ups to work for."

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DoorDash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've worked a a hand full of tech start ups and larger orgs and can say without a doubt DoorDash is the best company I have ever been employed by. From compensation, to culture, to benefits. DoorDash goes all out on setting you up for success and pushing you to become your best professional self. Your hard work is noticed, applauded and rewarded. This is not the type of company where you will get stuck on the corporate ladder. If you are sharp; put in the effort and stand out among your peers you will be pushed forward into higher positions with more than competitive compensation. It sounds like I might be over hyping how incredible it can be to work at DoorDash but the happiness and stability I have found here needs to be shared.

Cons

This is a FAST paced environment and if you aren't prepared to work at a company that has gone from a 1 billion dollar valuation to a 4 billion dollar valuation in less than 6 months than you could find yourself a bit overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!

6. "Not enough deliveries"

I worked at DoorDash part-time

Pros

Make your own schedule.
    Stop whenever you want.

Cons

Not enough deliveries.
    Distance between deliveries is too far for how much money you receive.

"Pretty Calm Work Environment, Opportunity for Advancement"

Current Employee - Market Management in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Market Management in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at DoorDash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Remote work option available, paid training, free food when in office, open communication, understanding coworkers/ managers, benefits, exposure to new tech skills

Cons

location (midtown office and sandy springs offices may be an issue for those who don't live ITP)

Advice to Management

Keep it up

"Wonderful company to work for"

Current Employee - Dasher Experience Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Dasher Experience Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at DoorDash full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility with scheduling, great management team and structure, personable and kind staff and co workers, probably one of the lowest stress positions I have ever held, training and betterment workshops are fantastic

Cons

Things can change faster than you keep up with them, It's easy to bite off more than you can chew, sometimes communication can be lacking or not as efficient as it could be

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with coaching and bettering your staff! Word through the grape vine should probably travel faster but it's not a complete travesty if you know the day of or even the day after a change goes into effect.

"The Good and the Bad and the Super Ugly"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at DoorDash full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are the best part of DoorDash. Lots of people there are driven, friendly, and great to work with. The mission is exciting too; it has a lot of real world impact in making both consumer and driver lives better. And the operations side of the business is incredible, that's where the real exciting part is.

Cons

There's a lot of downsides.

1) Despite having a ton of money, DoorDash does not pay well at all. Instead of getting paid, you'll often get options which are pretty worthless. And management is not transparent about anything related to financials. Which leads to:

2) DoorDash pretends to be transparent and open but really, it's taking initiatives in these spaces to check a box. A lot of management is too junior and has no real world experience and don't know how to tackle culture issues.

3) Terrible Engineering

The operations portion of the business is excellent; the engineering talent is not. If you're a software engineer with serious aspirations, don't work here. It's a very relaxed environment but at the expense of software engineer practices and quality code.

4) Zero mentorship

People are bad and they stay bad. There's a lot of potential at DoorDash but no one takes the time to better themselves or those around them.

5) Poor Hiring

DoorDash has a massive problem with hiring. There are several instances where engineers have been hired and their skills were so misrepresented that they were demoted or fired. DoorDash lets really unskilled engineers through the door and then doesn't fire them when the hiring decision doesn't work out.

6) Lack of Accountability

Because most people are bad at what they do there, there's this strange tendency for no one to question the work of others making it incredibly easy to skate and fly under the radar. You could easily not contribute code for months and almost no one would know.

Advice to Management

Hire a VPE that knows what they're doing. Start firing people that are bad at their jobs, stop just moving them around. Stop caring about data, just make a decision on something and do it.

"Love it here!"

I have been working at DoorDash full-time

Pros

Great people, Smart coworkers, super hard working

Cons

Lots of manual work arounds, running out of office space

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!