Cover image for Dosh

70 Comments

Tech

467.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Dosh~1519109
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "recently got acquired, culture is changing(in 6 reviews)
  • "This reflects something that has already been told here previously: bad management at Dosh.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jul 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Collaborative work environment Good culture

Cons

Long commute Frequent changes in direction

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Mar 27, 2022 - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging work, and great opportunities to learn

Cons

A lot of politics and favoritism.

3. Join the Dosh team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Awesome

Mar 3, 2022 - Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best in the business. Great company

Cons

I don’t have any cons for them

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

blah

Jul 19, 2021 - Senior Marketing Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

unlimited pto is great to have

Cons

recently got acquired, culture is changing

6. 5.0

Great Fintech Company

Apr 18, 2021 - Marketing Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mission focused company full of great people

Cons

Not enough internal promotions for higher level positions

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

great company

Feb 25, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

collaborative, friendly, benefits, potential impact

Cons

direction of the company is not clear at times

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing experience, making history, huge career and company growth

Sep 29, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, mission driven, extremely talented team, huge career growth

Cons

Lack of focus on long term. Need a balance with revenue driving short term with what will be needed to make sure the company is the industry leader in the long term

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great community and a great mission

Nov 15, 2019 - Product in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have had the awesome opportunity of having all kinds of jobs for all different types of companies and organizations. The thing that separates Dosh from any place that I have worked, is the culture between co-workers. People genuinely care about you here, and I have made several lifelong friends at Dosh. We all come in every day with the drive to not only build something great but build something that is going to help others. The work is fun, the people are great, and the free lunch is certainly a big perk. I enjoy a lot of autonomy in my work because my boss trusts and knows that I am going to get my work done. All of this to say, Dosh is a great place to work!

Cons

Every job and workplace has its cons. For me, it has been discouraging to see "big names" get hired at such a small company/startup. In the past, Dosh has hired more for resume and what a person looks like rather than the type of person you are and the work you can do. This was mainly seen on the executive level, however this is starting to change.

10. 1.0

Toxic. Avoid at all costs

Nov 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some good people. Toxic senior “management”

Cons

They talk about diversity but it’s just that.

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

It's a Startup that's starting to move like one

Nov 12, 2019 - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Comp is pretty great for a startup. Lunch is always nice as well, and the benefits in general or pretty great. You're empowered to explore and come up with creative solutions to the problems that we're solving. This hasn't always been the case, but once we realized we were stifling our own growth, we implemented the necessary changes in order to take people's feedback and change the speed at which we move. Seeing Dosh take employees feedback to make changes like that is pretty promising. It's a company that listens to its employees. It's very much a startup, so if that's what you're looking for then this is for you.

Cons

Not everyone that was hired was built for a startup, as can be seen from some of the previous reviews. We pull talent from bigger companies in Austin and not to say they can't adapt, but a 3 year old start up will move differently and have different expectations than companies that have been around for 10+ years. We need to hire for the stage where we're at now.

Dosh Response

People Operations Generalist

Thank you for your feedback. We love hearing that you feel empowered to do your job and to help our mission of moving billions of wasted advertising dollars into the pockets of millions of people! Like you said, we are a startup and proud to be. We will continue to focus on talent and projects that align with Dosh’s goals and growth trajectory. We’re excited you’re here!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 39 Reviews
</>Embed

Dosh Reviews FAQs

Dosh has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 39 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Dosh to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Dosh employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Dosh. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

73% of Dosh employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Dosh 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Dosh to be compensation, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, career development, senior leadership.