KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Doterra Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2021

Found 456 of over 519 reviews

4.0
Doterra President David Stirling (no image)
David Stirling
Pros
  • "free product and awesome holiday parties(in 29 reviews)

• "Positive culture and work environment(in 24 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay and could be better with bonuses(in 18 reviews)

• "Nothing unless you are not someone who enjoys sharing with others the benefits of a holistic lifestyle with oils(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Doterra and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Call Center

Jul 13, 2021 - Member Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment, flexible hours and inviting culture.

Cons

Job can be tedious at times.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do Not Work Here

Aug 2, 2021 - Social Media Manager in Pleasant Grove, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Met some great people who became good friends outside of work, free product, and affordable cafeteria food. They also took COVID 19 seriously due to their CMO being an infectious disease specialist—he made sure the company was working to keep everyone safe.

Cons

Terrible pay, no room for career growth, backwards finance philosophy (comes with the MLM), they have a history of promoting highly unqualified people to manage teams which leads to high turnover, and a complete disconnect to the cultural issues among executive leadership and HR. They'll try to convince you to join the company by flashing all their work place 'perks'—don't let it fool you. Career growth, livable wages and annual raises, and a healthy workplace need to be part of those 'perks' in order to keep good employees.

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Life at doTERRA

Jul 22, 2021 - Member Service Representative in Pleasant Grove, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really the only pros to this job was the perks now app you get, the people you work with, and just the flexible schedule.

Cons

If you want time off.. GOOD LUCK. You will always need to get it covered by someone else as they will always deny you time off for some reason. The pay is not good at all for the amount of work you do. $12/hour. You have to start out part time and they wont give you full time so good luck with ever working full time there. Management is not the best as they do not care about employees and only the " policies. " You do not get any benefits for being part time as well. Overall I would not suggest working at doterra. Lastly, you will never meet the executives.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great company

Jul 22, 2021 - Team Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Doterra is great company with a great culture. I have loved working here for 8 years, and I have seen many changes. They have grown a lot and have expanded resources. Employees get great benefits and a lot of people stay here. I am in the Call Center and have been for a while.

Cons

There is always improvement in every company. A lot of people complain about management, and I understand why. There are a ton of inexperienced people that may have the personality but did not get enough training to be a manager. This unfortunately leads to decision made with not a lot of forethought for what will happen because of it. I do think some classes management are a must in every company and doterra would benefit from that. Then, there is the pay. In order for a company to continue to stay competitive, they must have competitive pay. I have not seen much competitive pay at doterra, but I know they are working on it. Nepotism. Unfortunately, this exist here and it's not well hidden. This should really be evaluated and squashed. I dont think people realize it or if they do, they dont say anything and they need to. It only hurts a company and unless its reported, it will still be there.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

The company is great, IT Needs Some Turnover in Leadership

Aug 3, 2021 - Manager Data Engineering in Pleasant Grove, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a company, they take great care of their employees. And genuinely want to create a great place to work.

Cons

Some in IT leadership are obstacles to forward progress. Very difficult to get approval to do relevant and modern technologies. My ratings below are a reflection of my experience in IT. Not the company as a whole.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people, great product; some hard growing pains.

May 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Grove, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love the company's vision and goals. People-focused. Very proactive in being a positive force around the world. Incredibly successful and profitable company. Diverse (in most departments). Beautiful campus and offices. Fun activities. Decent benefits. Tons of free essential oils. In general, a really great place to work. I've never enjoyed any corporate environment more than did at doTERRA.

Cons

Not a lot of career path opportunities in IT (although I think the rest of the company is actually really good at this). There appears to be somewhat of a "good-ol-boys" club at higher levels of IT. Women are completely absent from this elite, inner-group. I know the company is currently seeking to improve its track record in this area.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

An ok job for college

Jul 27, 2021 - Customer Service Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

Doterra has a good environment to make friends. Fun yearly parties. They also have a set schedule that works with schooling.

Cons

Nepotism, bosses who don’t care, take advantage of young workers and students by not paying them fully for their skills.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good job for College Students

Jul 25, 2021 - Member Service Representative in Pleasant Grove, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work culture Lax compared to other call centers with call grading At home work options Training advancement

Cons

Does not offer full time very easily if you are not already full time Slow to get advancement done and doesn't seem to take it seriously Excessively Strict Attendance policy Pay raises are hard to get in any meaningful quantity

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A lot of responsibilities but not a good pay

Aug 3, 2021 - Project Manager in Pleasant Grove, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Doterra has a great company culture, if you like to work in a very conservative environment. It has great perks and insurance too.

Cons

It’s really hard to negotiate your pay with HR. Even after 2 years of employment and a lot of promotions, most of us are not even making $20/hour.

10. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Unpleasant

Jul 29, 2021 - Call Center Agent in Lindon, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get free oils frequently and the office has large windows.

Cons

The office was extremely unsupportive of me when I had pregnancy complications and said my only option was to quit. They rejected my proposal to work limited options and manipulated me into quitting by saying they would rehire me as soon as I was ready. When I contacted them 2 months later they did not keep their promise.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 456 Reviews