Double-E Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "wish you cared"

Current Employee - CNC LATHE MACHINIST in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - CNC LATHE MACHINIST in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Double-E full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

close to home, like the product I machine and the machine I use. little or no pressure.

Cons

cut in pay for job duties change. gave up leadership role for a more advanced role, and cut my pay. major increases in insurance cost for the last two years with no overtime where 5 hrs. has always been the norm,

Advice to Management

If you want to keep employees happy, and employed, stop finding ways to cut your bottom line, which is important, but you have no bottom line with disgruntled employees.

2. "Good when I started, terrible is why I quit."

Former Employee - Machinist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Machinist in Dallas, TX

Pros

at this time can't think of anything good.

Cons

Since the company got bought out by a self centered idiot he has made terrible decisions. This was once a very good company to work for, since the new ownership it went down the toilet. The current owner has replaced all personnel that knew what they were doing with a bunch of yes people.

Employees here used to be valued and respected, Now you better not open your mouth negatively. The top brass runs the show here ( and they let you know it) you are watched around the clock and God forbid you get 5 minutes over on your time card. You never know when you will be terminated, everyone including office personnel is always wondering if this is my last week.

I used to enjoy working for double-e but am glad I am gone now but feel bad for those that still work there. If you are a real machinist and like being appreciated for the job you do this is not the place for you, if you are trying to learn the trade it might be good to get started but learn what you can as fast as you can and then get the hell out of there.

Advice to Management

Start appreciating your employees a little more and listen to people that know what they are doing. Guess if ya can't do that A.B. You should get outta Texas and stay in California where you belong.

3. "Employment Rating"

Former Employee - Quality Inspector
    Former Employee - Quality Inspector

Pros

Low stress and easy going work environment.

Cons

Limited career opportunities and mediocre pay increases.

Advice to Management

Promote and award hard working employees.