DoubleStar Reviews | Glassdoor

DoubleStar Reviews

Updated Oct 5, 2017

4.3
DoubleStar Founder and CEO Harry Griendling (no image)
Harry Griendling

"Recruitment Consultant"

I have been working at DoubleStar full-time for more than a year

Pros

I started with DoubleStar two years ago in a Recruitment Support Specialist role and have recently transitioned into a Recruitment Consultant role. When I started with DoubleStar I explained to the management team that I wanted to learn the industry and eventually transition into a Recruiter position. The management team supported my career goals and made it happen. The entire DoubleStar team has stepped up to help me learn and successfully transition into my new position. DoubleStar offers regular trainings for all levels of Recruiters and are always open to new ideas and feedback from their employees. It is a fast paced and energetic environment. The DoubleStar team is made up of very hard workers who are committed to getting the job done.

Cons

Limited room for advancement into leadership or management positions.

DoubleStar2017-05-01
  2. "Still up for the Challenges!!!!!!"

I have been working at DoubleStar full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

At DoubleStar we offer the opportunity for our consultants to work across different industries and the opportunities within those industries. For me this is very important. I am forever learning and challenging best practices. The exposure we are given from gig to gig keeps up to date and relevant. The variety of client and gig makes work enjoyable. I'm not the type of person who could do the same thing day in and day out.

Cons

There isn't always the time to socialize with peers, brainstorm or knowledge share unless it's a meeting put on our calendars. We're all moving at a fast pace to deliver for our clients that when I/we slow down the breathe we take isn't always for co-worker socializing. I can't put all of this on DS - it's just hard to find the time when everyone is working different clients and schedules. I find that I'm close with who is working a gig with me BUT once gig is over - I'm not taking the time to stay connected.

DoubleStar2017-10-05
  3. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at DoubleStar full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked for Doublestar as a Recruitment Consultant for five years. The experience has been rewarding. I have had the good fortune to work with a diverse group of clients each offering their own challenges and experiences. Internally the leadership team at Doublestar is comprised of a seasoned group of professionals who’ve worked in the Human Resources/Recruiting arena. They are a consistent source of support for the consultants and bring best practices to the organization. The Doublestar consultants are a loyal, hard-working team. They take responsibility for their assigned projects, realize the importance of meeting client/Doublestar agreed upon expectations and see projects to completion. Doublestar offers the knowledge, leadership and training to further advance already experienced recruiters. The atmosphere is fast paced and energetic and consultants can take advantage of a flexible work schedule. It’s a really great place to work!

Cons

Internal leadership opportunities for consultants are harder to come by.

DoubleStar2017-03-10
  4. "Supportive and motivating culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I have been working at DoubleStar full-time

Pros

As someone new to the RPO world, but not new to recruiting, I am really enjoying my time with DoubleStar. The job is very fast paced, but colleagues are more than happy and willing to jump in and assist when you need it. Very friendly, upbeat personalities overall. And the company has been investing in things like training specific to the consulting world (small group training on a variety of topics), a wellness initiative (ergonomic standing workstation, bike work station, exercise balls to sit on while working), and we get involved in giving back to the community.

Cons

Not everyday is easy, as we have to make sure we are executing a high level at all times. But that being said, no place I've worked has ever been a cake walk.

DoubleStar2017-01-20

"Not a pleasant experience..."

I worked at DoubleStar full-time

Pros

Offers a flexible work environment, provides great healthcare benefits, flexible vacation schedule, and once one proves themselves, can work independently with very limited supervision.

Cons

In the case that issues arrive, upper management listens to & makes decisions based on only one party's "side of the story" and "bends over backwards" for the clients while treating employees unethically. Management also favors employees, puts them on pedestals, & stands by them in every situation, no matter what was done by these select employees.

DoubleStar2016-07-20

"Tough job, great learning experience!"

Former Employee - Consultant in West Chester, PA

I worked at DoubleStar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You will learn from some of the best pros in staffing/recruitment. You work from company to company, having an opportunity to learn how many fortune 500 companies operate and you'll make great connections in the market. If you perform well you will find yourself with a very strong professional network.

Cons

You will work a ton of hours, multitask and juggle conflicting client priorities daily. Its difficult to take a decent vacation because you always have client responsibilities and won't have a great deal of support. Your future career prospects will be outside the firm as the structure doesn't support career advancement.

DoubleStar2013-10-10

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews