DoubleVerify Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Wayne Gattinella

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Tech, Great Company, Great Future"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at DoubleVerify full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is focused on providing excellent customer service through a superior product and a well resourced team.
    Great new office space and resources to get the job done
    Lots of growth opportunities at a profitable company
    Product is excellent and is the best in-market

Cons

Complex product in an non-transparent industry
    Working with lots of partners

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"Not a healthy environment"

Current Employee - Engineering in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Engineering in New York, NY

I have been working at DoubleVerify full-time

Pros

As with any company, a few gems (people) are making the place work and create a pleasant microcosm around them

Cons

Ivory tower management, no input from the troops on the ground - very few people calling the shots really, HR underfunded - employee experience only looks nice in the pictures, a lot of egos, Leadership message of success doesn't correlate to actual facts around us.

Advice to Management

Remember you're dealing with human beings here, not just employees (some of the middle tiers remember that)

"Exciting Times"

I have been working at DoubleVerify full-time

Pros

DoubleVerify is an engineering+product orieted company. It takes prides in integrity, building a product that is the best in the industry and sticks to it even at the expense of its direct competitors who may cut corners to win business. The pros are :
    1. You join a profitable company that has seen significant growth in recent years and aims to grow even fast in the coming years
    2. Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. You could wear multiple/different hats in a short time period if you're up for it.
    3. Pay is on par with the rest of the industry
    4. Decent perks- commuter pass, 401k match, weekly lunch and breakfast, friday perk rotates between massages/yoga/mani-pedi etc for those who're interested
    5. Swanky new office is almost ready

Cons

1. The company is weak in certain areas such as marketing/BD. The management is aware of it and this seems to be a conscious decision
    2. The technology is highly complex and it is often difficult to find the right talent, so some people get overworked. This is acceptable long as their effort is recognized and rewarded
    3. A bit more effort on social media etc could help. The Glassdoor ratings are rather unfair for a company that is doing quite well and has grown significantly in headcount and business over the last year or so. Maybe encourage our employees to write a fair review of the company ?

"Great technology, poor management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at DoubleVerify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of Intelligent people, great product, 401k match, Paid time off , catered lunch Wednesdays, fun perks, dental, vision, health insurance

Cons

No work life balance. No growth support or opportunity. Poor management, lots of favoritism from upper management towards certain employees

Advice to Management

Provide employees with the tools they need to succeed.

"director"

I have been working at DoubleVerify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart team, great product, strong marketplace. good pay and benefits. company has a good culture driven by low turnover.

Cons

market moves quickly so its hard to keep up

Advice to Management

more aggressive roadmap

"company"

Pros

Relevant product and the ad ops team was terrific. Culture was fun and they liked to entertain.

Cons

The sales staff was horrible, but I think they're all turned over now, so it may be fine. It was a very top-heavy company when I was there.

Advice to Management

make sure the sales staff interacts well with the ad ops team and other divisions

7. "Developer"

Current Employee - Developer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Developer in New York, NY

Pros

The people! - a great team of friendly, professional and smart people who love to teach and share their knowledge.
    Variety of technologies - DV is a big data company with a very interesting tech stack (java, python, c#. js, mongodb, vertica). Meaning that there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow.
    Currently DV is doing great at the market and is constantly growing. New great people are joining the company and it is great to work for DV in these days.

Cons

Would be nice to move to a new office.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing the success with the employees.

"Exciting time to be here!"

I have been working at DoubleVerify full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is pretty exciting time to be working at DV. At a crossroad in digital media when the landscape is evolving, DV solutions are cutting edge and dynamic. Employees have a real hands-on opportunity to shape the growth and future of the company. Open door policy to product, engineering and senior management. The environment is fun, focus on culture is key, work life balance is well established. Many employees are promoted and have a long track record of success at DV. For a company who created the entire landscape that we operate in, and to be able to provide innovative solutions to current issues plaguing the industry, this truly is an exciting time to be at DV.

Cons

Finding talented people can be challenging at times, as we have a complicated business.

Advice to Management

Continue to share company progress and performance to the team.

"Making Amazing Strides!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at DoubleVerify full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Positive environment, everyone works as a team and by everyone I mean everyone- Account Managers, Sales, Engineering, Tech Ops, doesn't matter what group someone is in, we all feel like we are one team working towards the same goal, fun events, fun-loving group of people who help create an amazing work place culture. Employees who care about their work and love doing what they do. Amazing product suite that is getting better and stronger every day! Work life balance is achievable here at DV, there are always times where projects or end of month deadlines are to be met, but in general I personally feel work-life balance is achievable!

Cons

Business is growing and its hard to hire people fast enough ( I guess this is kind of a good thing!)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with the monthly all hands meetings. The information provided is very helpful and lets us all know where stand in the market place and internally.

"I couldn't be happier"

Pros

Ability to work in at a business that works to change the way our industry is set up. There is so much to learn about the space - DV is a great vessel for that education. Culture is very laxed and they pay well if you work well. Great corporate events, their HR is very hands on and approachable, fun group that doesn't take themselves too seriously.

Cons

Area where the office is - 38th and 8th - probably the worst place ever.

Advice to Management

Consider moving to the Flatiron