Doubledot Media Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Doubledot Media CEO Simon Slade
Simon Slade

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Company to Work For"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Doubledot Media (More than a year)

Pros

The team is incredible. Everyone is friendly, works hard to support each other, and does their job. Management listens to suggestions and responds constructively, and is willing to make accommodations for employees when necessary. They also pay well, and the payments always come through.

Cons

The hours can be a bit tough when you're working from the other side of the world, but it's well worth it.

Aug 12, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for the kind words :) Agree it can be hard working remotely on the other side of the world, hopefully you enjoy the few hours of overlap we do have to share a joke in the water cooler!

2. "A Model for Other Companies & Business Owners"

Current Contractor - Amazon Product Manager
    Current Contractor - Amazon Product Manager

I have been working at Doubledot Media as a contractor

Pros

This is one of my favorite companies to have worked with. The CEO gives a healthy amount of autonomy and trust that the job will be performed of high quality, and that alone makes me highly motivated to work hard to ensure that the trust is well-placed.

I also really respect that despite having a large team, the CEO takes care to spend some time on ground-level, and gives early projects and experiments his attention and support where needed, even if it only needs some checking in to say hello at times (the members-only Facebook group for example).

I haven’t had the opportunity to meet with all of the team, as they all live in different parts of the world, but those who I have met are all very friendly, talented, highly intelligent people. Would be great to meet with them sometime!

Cons

I currently can’t think of any downsides of working with Doubledot Media, as the role and culture meshes well with my personality and working style.

In my role there are weeks with large amounts of work, and sometimes weeks where things are more quiet while waiting on manufacturer responses/samples/etc. I tend to fill the slower periods with research, content creation, and other tasks related to the project itself, but it is always good to hear if there are other needs in the business where I can continue to contribute, during these quieter weeks.

Again, not a downside at all to the work, but more describing who would be the best fit for those considering working with the company. It’s great for self starters and those personally driven to produce good work.

3. "Pretty cool company to remote work for"

Current Employee - Digital Marketer
    Current Employee - Digital Marketer

I have been working at Doubledot Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Staffs and the CEO are very friendly and easy to talk to. Generally, you can set your working hour as long as it's communicated beforehand. salary payment is fast and convenient (though you lose a bit because of paypal fee). You can get work done without much distraction/drama + all the benefits of remote working.

Cons

It's harder to foster deep relationships with your colleagues if you're an introverted person working remotely, since you can't really "hang out". There's delay in communication as well if the colleague you're working with is in a different time zone/working period. But overall not a deal breaker, and the CEO is always helpful and very responsive to any queries.

4. "Great company!"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Guatemala City (Guatemala)

I have been working at Doubledot Media as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is super helpful, if you have any issue someone will be there to help you. They always pay on time and is a cool place to work really.

Cons

Being on the otherside of the world sometimes makes it a little complicated to communicate.

5. "Social Media Manager"

Current Freelancer - Social Media Management in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Current Freelancer - Social Media Management in Prague (Czech Republic)

I have been working at Doubledot Media (More than a year)

Pros

People who work at Doubledot Media are experts at their field. Everyone's part is valued and their input is respected. Aside from being good at what they do, they know that the best results come from strong communication within the team.

Cons

Considering that some members of the team are working remote it can be a challenge to stay up to date with how the company is evolving.

Advice to Management

More structured internal communicate. Updates of where the company is going and what its strategy is.

May 16, 2017 – CEO

Appreciate the feedback :) It's an area that we are working on improving so stay tuned for some changes here!

6. "A company that motivates their employees through great leadership"

I have been working at Doubledot Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What I like the most about working at Doubledot Media is that employees are treated with high regards. The management leads through example and not by force. We are able to work at our own pace / hours as long as we get the job done. I like the fact that I am able to give my input and share my thoughts and that management actually do listen to them. There's no ego between co-workers which helps us work towards a common goal.

Cons

The different time zones that we work in can be a bit challenging at first, but it's manageable and something that you can get used to after a while.

7. "BIG thumbs up for DoubleDot Media"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cebu City (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cebu City (Philippines)

I have been working at Doubledot Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall, working in DDM is one pleasant experience. You get to enjoy the best of both worlds. One can work in a structured company at the comfort of your own home. The team has an established system and a positive work culture. Everyone is fairly easy to work with despite the distance and your opinions are not just heard but very well considered in the company's decisions. I personally like that professional discipline is maintained at the same time you get to truly enjoy your work.

Cons

no holidays during Public Holidays in NZ

8. "Working Remotely is Superb"

Current Employee - Web Developer in Davao (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Davao (Philippines)

I have been working at Doubledot Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am working for the company in less than a year. The company has an excellent working environment and to prove that, you can see people ( not only the CEOs) who are still in the company since its early days (who would like to stay if isn't great? ). It has a competitive salary and benefits. It doesn't not only concern with its employee but also with their families. They also provides assistance in up-scaling your skill-set to further your career. Everyone here is approachable and can be reached easily.

Cons

The only downside here is you can't share a beer with them during weekends but you can always send them a beer emoji through Skype.

9. "Working Remote for DDM is a Fantastic Journey!"

Current Employee - Supplier Research Analyst in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Supplier Research Analyst in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Pros

They care genuinely for people. The team is warm and ah-mazing! They provide a training-rich environment where you can thrive in your work and you feel good about yourself. They listen to your ideas... really. I think that it is important to look for a company that listens to your ideas because, in that way, you will feel valued. If you find a company that does just that, you know that you are in good hands. The pay is above average and I haven't experienced any problem receiving it at all.

Cons

I can't think of any significant downside working for the company. There are challenges and difficulties but I think that these are normal factors and you need to work around them whether you are working remote or confined in a cubicle.

Advice to Management

I can say that people are valued and that the management is doing a fantastic job in bringing out the best in people. I am proud to be with DDM and I think that I will be staying with them for the long term.

Apr 18, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the lovely review, if there is anything we can do help when you face challenges please speak up and we will support you 100%!

10. "IT"

Current Employee - Software QA Tester
    Current Employee - Software QA Tester

I have been working at Doubledot Media (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent team of professionals. Some of the people you talk to have wikipedia bio and they are very kind and smart. They are also open for giving training and seminar.

Cons

I can't see any downsides for now.

Advice to Management

Continue to allow free thinking. It really fosters an environment of creativity.

Apr 18, 2017 – CEO

Glad enjoy working here, we will keep the free thinking door open ;)