Douglas Dynamics Reviews | Glassdoor

Douglas Dynamics Reviews

5.0
James L. Janik

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic, thriving manufacturer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Douglas Dynamics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

+ best people in the biz
    + management is very accessible and willing to listen
    + plenty of fantastic benefits
    + opportunity for growth unparalleled in the area

Cons

- early start
    - communication between locations

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees
    Work toward smoothing communication lines between locations and companies

2. "Great Place to Excel"

I have been working at Douglas Dynamics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful training, fantastic people, and exceptional benefits.

There are incredible opportunities here for advancement, interdepartmental work and, as always, continuous improvement in lean manufacturing.

It is a healthy, transparent business that has grown by leaps and bounds over the last few years.

It is a very "down to earth" place, with plenty of grounded, friendly employees.

Cons

There have been some facility issues. Also some complications can arise from the rapid growth and communication across multiple brands and plants.

Growth can be exciting, but I have gotten the sense that it is not being managed as well as it could be. Emphasis has been on new product launch, rather than being able to sustain support of products in the field.

Advice to Management

Continues to do an excellent job of fostering a welcoming, nurturing, and friendly learning and business environment.

Continue listening to employee contributions and feedback. There should probably be a review of the processes for launching new products, as I think they could be streamlined and planned better.

3. "It's like a vacation each day I come to work. We work hard together but play harder together!!"

Current Employee - Shipping Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Shipping Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Douglas Dynamics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best company in the state!! One big family that works together to put each other in the best place to be successful.

Cons

The only one con I see sometimes we don't know how good we are really doing. We are focused on making things better each day we don't always step back and see how much we have improved.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your team and find opportunities for them that fits their passion.

4. "Great company, but culture need a little work."

I have been working at Douglas Dynamics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Douglas is a fantastic company to work for. Employees are given many opportunities to contribute to many aspects of the business which provides a level of ownership for everyone. Ideas for continuous improvement are encouraged even when they fall outside of current area of responsibility.

Cons

There still seems to be a sense of "us versus them" feeling with manufacturing locations. The culture of one family is not necessarily always led from top down and sometimes even seems to be misguided by some in management. Best practices should be shared and encouraged not fought.

Advice to Management

Encourage more unification of ideas between locations. Challenge business units to come together on common grounds and ensure that the corporate vision is shared at all levels of the organization.