Douglas Emmett Reviews | Glassdoor

Douglas Emmett Reviews

Updated Mar 9, 2020

4.1
Douglas Emmett President, CEO, and Director Jordan L. Kaplan (no image)
Jordan L. Kaplan
  1. "Douglas Emmett Vison"

I have been working at Douglas Emmett full-time for less than a year

Pros

Focus on Leadership, Initiative, and Communication. Lots of room for career growth.

Cons

No downsides for working with DEI.

Douglas Emmett2020-03-09

"Company dedicated to producing the best results"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Douglas Emmett full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

1. Family-like atmosphere 2. Structured environment 3. Limitless growth potential 4. Opportunity to learn both the Management and Ownership side of Commercial Property Managment.

Cons

1. The amount of paperwork that is required limits the time that the Manager gets to spend meeting with the Tenants.

Douglas Emmett2019-11-07
  3. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Assistant Community Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Douglas Emmett full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits, salary is competitive, move up opportunities, friendly staffing, corporate style that owns and manages their own properties, and company is very employee and resident oriented

Cons

Location of properties are only in southern California and Hawaii and travel time to get to work

Douglas Emmett2019-10-10

"Friendly Employees and Good Benefits"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Douglas Emmett full-time for less than a year

Pros

Ever since I interviewed here, I have had a very positive experience. The employees here are so supportive, and the training was very thorough. The company offers good pay, insurance benefits, paid time off, and work perks (discounts at theme parks etc.). I've also been told several times that when they are hiring for the administrative assistant position, they are hiring for the next manager, so upward mobility is a focus.

Cons

The time of hourly employees is respected, but like many salary employees at other companies, it seems that the salaried employees are expected to be on call at all times including off hour weekends and lunch breaks. However, as I am an hourly employee, I am not speaking from my own experience.

Douglas Emmett2019-10-04
  5. "Positive vibe, fun people, healthy & productive environment. oh yea and amazing beach view"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Douglas Emmett full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've had a great experience with this company from the start. Had a good chat with the recruiter before the interview, interview went great, offered me what I was asking salary wise. In comparison with other jobs I've had I can say that the environment here is very positive and it comes from the top, leadership is humble and involved. The company does a lot a little things that help keep the morale positive as well. We have "Daily DX" which stands for daily exchange with the entire floor, 5-10 minute chats on daily topics the company chooses that are in line with their vision & principles. Very fun and positive thing that reminds people daily that we're all on the same team. The workload is healthy, there are times when it piles up a little more than others, but overall good. The corporate office has the best view in of the LA. Location is great with unlimited food options, shopping on the 3rd st promenade on lunch . Parking is easy is not something we have to pay for. As far as people, the office is very diverse. Many different backgrounds, ages, etc. There are a lot of people who have been here a very long time and there are also a lot of new people since there has been a lot of recent growth. Just based on my short time here I can tell that they promote from within. This seems like a place where you want to be long term.

Cons

Due to the location in Santa Monica there is some traffic getting in/out of here. Everything is what you make of it. I come early to go the gym and avoid traffic. win- win.

Douglas Emmett2019-10-03
  6. "Incredible office, good people, great company"

Current Employee - Analyst in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Douglas Emmett full-time for less than a year

Pros

The corporate office has an incredible view of the Santa Monica pier, the health benefits are good (they get expensive if you have dependents), and the people are incredible friendly and nice. There are high expectations in terms of work output, but they are reasonable. Hours can be long, but are never unreasonable. Many people have been at the company for a long period of time.

Cons

Pay is on the lower end

Douglas Emmett2019-10-03
  7. "Excellent Work Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at Douglas Emmett full-time for less than a year

Pros

Smart, personable team of productive individuals

Cons

Can be long hours, but not unexpected

Douglas Emmett2019-05-31
  8. "Always promotes from within"

Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Douglas Emmett full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've watched so many fellow employees work their way up the ladder. Douglas Emmett is loyal to its employees when those employees work hard and help meet customer service goals. I have had fairly consistent raises and a recent promotion. After 5 years I was offered "shares" of stock! I hope to retire at Douglas Emmett after a long ans successful career.

Cons

Sometimes training is a bit limited, but if you know how to network and are not shy, it's pretty easy to get assistance with questions.

Douglas Emmett2019-05-01
  9. "Great workplace"

Current Employee - Legal in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at Douglas Emmett full-time

Pros

So far its fantastic. Great boss and can learn tons from being around sharp and active people. Its fast paced but well worth the ride.

Cons

None for now. I am fairly new.

Douglas Emmett2019-04-30
  10. "Great work environment!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at Douglas Emmett full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, great benefits. The company is always willing to teach current employees so they can promote from within and advance their careers.

Cons

From my experience so far, there are none.

Douglas Emmett2019-04-25