Dovel Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Dovel Technologies Reviews

Updated Sep 11, 2019

4.1
Dovel Technologies CEO Paul Leslie (no image)
Paul Leslie

"Its the Right place to work"

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Dovel Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Leadership, New technologies(I would call it as a Technology Company rather than a service-based company), Telework flexibility, Team gives you ownership on doing things, no-stress, Good at work-life balance. This is the place for the people who want to grow in their career and continue learning new technologies.

Cons

Nothing I could think off

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you are doing !!

Dovel Technologies2019-08-11

August 16, 2019Recruiting and HR

Thank you for your kind words and enthusiasm for your work. Look forward to supporting you in the future as you grow your skills at Dovel!

2. "Not a Bad Job"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Dovel Technologies full-time

Pros

Lots of scheduling flexibility. Comprehensive benefits packages. Relaxed dress code. Nice atmosphere.

Cons

Pay is LOW for DC. Everyone with experience manages 3, 4, 5, 6 accounts. The new people have one or two. Old people are overworked and unhappy. New people are underworked and unhappy. Not sure if BAs etc. get more money for each account, but new people also wonder if being overworked is our future. The experienced people don't have time to take newer people under their wings. My goal is to leave before everyone... with experience gets fed up. Which is a shame because the job has promise. I wouldn't recommend this job to a friend. I also wouldn't not recommend this job to a friend. It's a job.

Advice to Management

I have no idea how to fix the issues. They should be fixed though.

Dovel Technologies2019-09-12

September 27, 2019Recruiting and HR

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We're sorry to hear about the imbalance in the workload you are seeing and experiencing. As you know, a lot of factors, including requests from our government customers, go into how we assign and staff projects. Sometimes we get it right and sometimes we need to move responsibilities around. If you (and your colleagues) are feeling underutilized or over utilized, please talk to your manager as well as HR. We want to make sure you not only enjoy the work you're doing but also how you're being asked to do it. We look forward to hearing from you and your team and making every effort to re-balance workloads.

"Awesome"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Dovel Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working in the government contracting space for about 15 years, and I have been with Dovel Technologies for almost a year. I can honestly say that Dovel has been an awesome place to work. From day one, the team (from the top down) has taken a keen interest in my career direction, offering me opportunities to grow and expand my skill sets. I have been able to provide meaningful contributions on several... efforts and know that I am not just “spinning my wheels” on fruitless tasks; my voice is heard, and I know that I am making a difference! I have been looking for a “work home” for a while, and I am glad to have finally found it.

Cons

None – Dovel has been a great place and has treated me very well!

Dovel Technologies2019-08-08

August 16, 2019Recruiting and HR

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience. We aim to take on meaningful work that our team can be proud of and are happy to hear that is the experience you've had. We're thrilled to be thought of as your "work home" -- welcome home, pull up a chair, and stay a while!

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in McLean, VA

I have been working at Dovel Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with Dovel almost 3 years full time and I love it here. It is a peaceful and professional work environment with friendly employees and really great leadership. I feel supported, appreciated, and like how diverse the office is.

Cons

I don't have any cons.

Dovel Technologies2019-07-30

August 2, 2019Recruiting and HR

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for being such a positive member of our team. Please let us know how we can continue to support you in your role and growth with Dovel!

"An Amazing Place to work!"

Current Employee - Product Owner in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Dovel Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- All team members have various opportunities to express ideas/improvements and even concerns. - Dovel ensures that wellness is another cornerstone, with annual events and long-term programs to improve employees health (there is even a hiking club!). - Dovel supports involvement and provides positive, fun ways for their employees to get together for personal and professional development activities, both... within and outside normal company hours (brown bags, and professional conferences) - Dovel is the most transparent company I have worked for. They make every team member feel that they know where the company is headed

Cons

Lack of comfortable workspaces, but they are halfway through a construction project that will address this in the next few months

Advice to Management

Ensure proper leaders are placed in managerial positions that want their team to succeed.

Dovel Technologies2019-07-18

July 22, 2019Recruiting and HR

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear you appreciate the transparency we strive for as well as the activities we organize to interject fun. We're always looking for ways to do better so please continue to share your thoughts on how to build an encouraging and inclusive culture with your managers, as well as HR.

"Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Cloud Engineer in McLean, VA

I have been working at Dovel Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Community and culture, Everyone is willing to help, you are given the opportunity to learn new things as needed for your role or upcoming roles. Can't beat the free breakfast every Friday

Cons

No cons as of yet.

Advice to Management

None. Keep on taking Dovel to higher grounds

Dovel Technologies2019-07-11

July 15, 2019Recruiting and HR

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re thrilled that you are enjoying the culture at Dovel and feel supported this early in your time with us. Please continue to share your feedback (good and bad) with your managers and HR. Thanks for all you do!

7. "Company going places!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

I worked at Dovel Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I’ve been with Dovel over 4 years and I have seen a lot of changes. The company has solid relationships with their clients providing stability for their employees. A small business feel with large business mindset provides career opportunities to those who are willing to work hard and seeking career growth.

Cons

Would like to see more frequent communication between teams for knowledge sharing.

Advice to Management

Continue to support your employees, they are the heartbeat of the business.

Dovel Technologies2019-07-10

July 15, 2019Recruiting and HR

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad that with all the change you’ve continued to feel supported and seen that customer service has not wavered. Inter-team communication and collaboration is a huge priority and we are looking to roll out a number of new initiatives in the coming months to help enable better sharing among all employees. Stay tuned!

"Insight from the front line of Dovel"

Current Employee - Consultant in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Dovel Technologies part-time for more than a year

Pros

Near metro stop in Rockville. Work on interesting stuff. Free breakfast on Fridays. People are nice and helpful.

Cons

Government pay. Very strict in the on boarding process. I've seen people "dismissed" cuz of poor paper work. Building under construction now.

Advice to Management

More training please. Free breakfast every day! Free parking please!

Dovel Technologies2019-06-15

June 17, 2019Recruiting and HR

Thank you for sharing your experience. Glad to hear you are enjoying your work and the people you work with. We're always looking for ways to improve compensation and perks, we'd love to hear more about your desire for training. Please contact your manager or HR to share what training you'd like to see offered.

9. "3 years working full time in Dovel Technologies"

I have been working at Dovel Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast growing company, moderate pay, secure job, accessible locations, free parking, open door policy.

Cons

Poor connection between different departments, boring environment, few fun activities, slow career growth.

Advice to Management

Plan for more career growth, Make the workplace more entertaining, Get the employees more connected to each other and to the company

Dovel Technologies2019-07-10

July 15, 2019Recruiting and HR

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Inter-team communication and collaboration is a huge priority and some new initiatives are coming soon so we hope that it improves sharing among all employees. In terms of fun/social activities, we’re getting ready to launch our latest wellness program which is a great way to get to know people throughout the company while improving your health. Make sure you check out Yammer for information about some of the groups employees have formed like the hiking club as well as news on upcoming company-wide events and office-specific celebrations. If you have ideas for how to inject more fun into the office environment, please share them with HR.

"Growing Company with Small Office Feel"

I have been working at Dovel Technologies full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been an employee affiliated with the various legacy entities associated with this company for several years now. Over the course of that a time, I have witnessed a great deal of growth, new partnerships and the expected change that comes with all of that. For the most part, my experience with the organization has been decidedly positive. Dovel has good benefits, a small office feel and the senior management... is generally accessible and engaged. Dovel has an agile and adaptable approach to new ideas and solutions.

Cons

Like any company growing from a fledgling small business into a formidable mid-sized player in the market space, we have sometimes struggled to determine just exactly how we wanted to approach the process of getting us to be ‘who we want to be when we grow up.’ I think we have really begun to figure this out though, and the results of that transition have been productive for customers, and meaningfully stabilizing... and fortunate for our employees.

Dovel Technologies2019-06-03

June 6, 2019Recruiting and HR

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Dovel. We look forward to continuing to support you in your career growth!

Found 44 reviews