Doximity Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Jeff Tangney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Hard to even imagine a better company"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Doximity full-time

Pros

I've worked here at Doximity for almost a year so far, and it's absolutely incredible. The culture is fantastic - collaborative, energetic, welcoming.

Every problem or roadblock that comes up when working is met with the attitude of "yes! let's figure out a way to fix this!" rather than "oh no, I guess it just won't work".

Everyone is driven to succeed, to support each other, and everyone is trusted. You work on big projects right away, you're given the tools to work well, the creative control to make projects your own, and credit is always given where it's due.

I sincerely enjoy coming into work every day - I thought no one actually ever believed that, but it's 100% true here.

Cons

Honestly I can't think of any. Sometimes people say the office is too cold. That's literally the only complaint haha.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing - everyone here is a joy to work with, and someone must be doing something right in the hiring department.

2. "Software Automation Engineer in TestOps"

I have been working at Doximity full-time

Pros

Remote options, and great healthcare.

Cons

One-on-one pair programming is difficult as a remote.

"Fun, motivated team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Doximity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Vision – Healthcare is ripe for improvement and it’s inspiring to work for a company that is tackling real problems. The CEO is a visionary and gracefully walks the fine line of being a leader without micromanaging.

Ownership – Everyone has a big part in the company’s success. At our weekly all hands meetings you hear about work that’s being done. It gives us an appreciation of the different pieces needed to make a company tick. Quarterly goals are measured across all teams, which is also refreshing.

Upside – Doxmity has a really bright future, which is fantastic. But an even bigger upside is that employees get support to personally grow. I’ve seen many people get hired for one job and transition to a dream role they never new existed.

Cons

It’s a face-paced environment that runs on a pretty lean team. I love it – Doximity is my dream company - but not everyone will. End of quarter gets stressful for everyone (though we always find a way to blow off steam.)

Advice to Management

Keep hiring similar people who value teamwork over politics. Doximity has done a great job of retaining talented folks motivated to make our company better and who make me laugh every day. There’s passion to build a great product and fix real problems. I know it’s hard to keep that alive as we grow, but keep doing what you’re doing.

"Stability of An Established Company + Culture of a Startup"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Doximity (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a company that cares about its mission and its employees. Strong growth and very positive long-term prospects give it the stability of a more established company, but it has the culture and perks of a fun, young startup.

Management listens and responds to employee requests & ideas. Teams are collaborative and lack the hierarchy that tends to add red tape and aggravation at other companies. Goals are ambitious and productivity is rewarded.

Moreso than at any other place I've worked, employees genuinely like and respect each other. There are no jerks here. Also very few egos. People take their work seriously but don't take themselves seriously, which is a rare and amazing combo.

Doximity does a good job of "hiring slow and firing fast." Non-performers aren't given a chance to stick around and poison the well for the rest of us, which is hugely appreciated. Turnover is very low and those who work hard and perform well are able to rise quickly into leadership roles.

Jeff (CEO) is strategic, smart, and sincere. He has a proven track record and has helped Doximity avoid many of the typical startup pitfalls by putting his experience into proactive decisions for the good of the company. He is very approachable and is open with employees about company goals, prospects, and trajectory, which breeds a culture of honesty and openness. Employees trust and respect him, and he trusts and respects employees.

Cons

I honestly don't have any complaints about this company. When growing pains happen, they are very quickly remedied.
    That said, Doximity is not for everyone. If you are someone who craves a corporate environment with many levels of management and corner offices, you probably won't be very happy here. Managers are quite hands on and work hard at Doximity (there are no "paper pushers" here). Our CEO sits in the open office floorplan with everyone else.

Advice to Management

Continue to trust employees and maintain a collaborative culture as we scale.

"Best Place to work for"

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Doximity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best supporting team
    Work Life balance
    Wednesday is mandatary WFH
    Free catered lunch and breakfast
    quarterly offsite's.
    free snacks
    JBAR

Cons

Nothing cons as such, wonderful place to work for.

Advice to Management

Yearly bonus is highly appreciated than yearly offsite.

"Sales Director, Talent Finder Solutions"

Former Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY

Pros

start up
    pre-IPO company
    stock options
    base + commission
    paid leave

Cons

volatile
    unrealistic revenue expectations
    political
    micromanagers
    untenable growth velocity

Advice to Management

adopt realistic perspectives

"Best company I've ever worked for"

I have been working at Doximity full-time

Pros

Real and exciting product that meets the needs of physicians, constant innovations and exciting new products. Dynamic and engaged c-level leadership and board. Highest-quality people at every level. A "no a**hole" policy.

Cons

Everyone is busy as hell, you will be too. But pay is competitive, you are contributing to something bigger than yourself, and there's a payoff at the end of the road.

"Can be fun to work here but work from home policy is no good"

Pros

some great people work here, can be fun to get your job done. hard working environment with several specialists

Cons

work from home policy is garbage & unfair.

if you do not live near the office it is allowed - if you live near the office you are out of luck.

Advice to Management

trust your employees & help them be more productive by allowing them to work remotely.

"Great team"

Former Employee - Ruby On Rails Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Ruby On Rails Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Doximity (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall the company is great. Nice perks; quarterly off-sites, free lunches, company bar. Good benefits.

Cons

If you are planning on starting a family, don't expect any time off or remote work. Work over family.

"Easy to get a lot done"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Doximity (Less than a year)

Pros

- The company is growing fast and there are a lot of talented people already
    - Healthy culture where people are respectful and competent
    - Strong products that have a lot of revenue potential

Cons

- Sometimes people can be terse, strictly business then done

Advice to Management

Offsites are over rated, give people bonuses instead